Death Shroud Skills interupted

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emerald.4392

Emerald.4392

i went in to do some spvp the last few days, and when in death shroud i know you can be knocked back, but i did not realize you could be dazed(i think it is) so your unable to use your skills(part of the reason i also thought no daze interupt of skills aside from knockback is cause in death shroud you don’t see any sort conditions?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

Hi Emerald, in the bug section I just described a similar situation I think it’s a bug:
you enter Death Shroud but you can’t use any skill. Is the same for you?
If you are daze you can’t move, when this happen I can move freely. I just have the bar locked, nothing works.
Anyway, as far as I know, Doom can be cast even if you are disabled. In that case you cannot cast even Doom. Is it the same for you?
Also when this happen, if you go back in standard form the weapon skill bar is empty for few seconds. This is what happen to me, same for you?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emerald.4392

Emerald.4392

actually, this has happened to me as well not that i couldn’t move, but everything else, ya i was really annoyed i couldn’t use the skill for a bit, but i think doom might have still been working or this could have been on the other occasions that it worked.

in Necromancer

Posted by: forice.3165

forice.3165

i went in to do some spvp the last few days, and when in death shroud i know you can be knocked back, but i did not realize you could be dazed(i think it is) so your unable to use your skills(part of the reason i also thought no daze interupt of skills aside from knockback is cause in death shroud you don’t see any sort conditions?

if you enter death shroud, you become a sandbag. you can’t even move. it is what the developers wanted to show you. death shroud should be immune to CC. but i dont like death shroud. just delete death shroud. make skeletons and zombies.

in Necromancer

Posted by: UnStaBLe.3124

UnStaBLe.3124

This happens to me in sPvP only for some reason. I have tested it and I get locked out of my DS abilities for 2-3 second the first time I take damage. It is really annoying and the reason I stopped playing the class. Arenanet needs to fix this.

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

@UnStaBLe
Have you the problem the weapon skill are blank when you leave Death Shroud?
I do, and it’s even worse then the abilities locked in Death Shroud,

in Necromancer

UnStaBLe.3124

No I have never experienced that particular bug. That seems really bad.

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

It is indeed. I lose many skirmish because of this. I think that is just lag that don’t properly tell the client which skills I have butkittenhow frustrating!
You can’t imagine how many times I needed that steal life or immobilize or just a simple auto attack for finish my foe.
I’m looking for confirmation since, for now in this forum, I’m the only one experiencing this behaviour.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tony.2150

Tony.2150

Well, An interrupt is an itterupt and for all classes it should be at a 3-5 sec CD because of the interrupt But since the spell is a Channel a Interrupt Resets to Full CD.
Simply just a mechanic of the game. Only advice is just to play with it.

in Necromancer

UnStaBLe.3124

But I don’t think I am being interrupted. Even when I am not casting anything I am locked out of my skills. I enter DS and just stand there. When I take any damage I get locked out of my skills in DS. That is what is happening on my end.

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

Same for me: I’m able to move, but can’t use any skill.
Since the UI show no condition we don’t know if we have some effect that prevent us from using a skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: azuzephyr.7280

azuzephyr.7280

Hi everyone, in the bug compendium stickied at the top, the bug describing item sets which “proc randomly when in death shroud” are the source of this, so things like the Vampirism runes, Ice Runes, or any variant of these runes where the item set grants a chance to turn your character into something else, i.e; mist, ice etc.

This is why it only happens in spvp, ,where you have applied such runes to your gear, and why some people have never experienced it at all, unfortunately. Try a different rune set like scholar/undead/necromancer and try again, this completely removed the problem for me.

Best of luck.