Death Shroud new ability idea

in Necromancer

Posted by: tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

Anyone remember Manaburn-type spells?

Imagine burning one’s entire Lifeforce bar in a single-blast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darksome.5647

Darksome.5647

Too much OP, and Pointless I think. One spell that works only againts other necros.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

Too much OP, and Pointless I think. One spell that works only againts other necros.

Too much OP? What does that even mean?

As it stands, Deathshroud has no numeric value, so assuming that it would do an excessive amount of damage is a premature notion.

And how can it only work against other necros?

I like this idea, perhaps if it locked lifeforce gain for a short while to prevent spamming (it can be quite easy to generate life force) it might be balanced.

+1 for sure.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

As it stands, Deathshroud has no numeric value, so assuming that it would do an excessive amount of damage is a premature notion.

I like this idea, perhaps if it locked lifeforce gain for a short while to prevent spamming (it can be quite easy to generate life force) it might be balanced.

+1 for sure.

I believe he thought when the op said mana burn, as in burning someone else’s mana, that the OP was talking about an ability that could be used against the necro to burn his entire life force, you know like burning someone’s mana.

I support neither of these ideas, just here for clarification lol.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Darksome.5647

Darksome.5647

+1 for sure.

Ok, sorry the confusion, let me explain:

• A spell that use all our life-force in a single shot would be too much overpowered or will be too much underpowered.
  • A Life force burn spell would be pointless.

First time I read the topic I was confused what cause tehdirtyfivethirty was talking about

(edited by Darksome.5647)

in Necromancer

Posted by: tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

tehdirtyfivethirty.3507

Burn all of current Lifeforce for a single target direct damage ability. I don’t see it being any more overpowered than say an ele dropping churning earth which is aoe damage, cripple and bleed.

I don’t see how it would be pointless to give every necromancer the option at spike damage without having to pigeon-hole their build and where the option expands on the class mechanic.

in Necromancer

Posted by: BlueprintLFE.2358

BlueprintLFE.2358

The only thing here is they they would be forced to put a numerical value (damage) on what our life force means. Then they have to balance that with trying to compare damage to using our sole survivability/class mechanic resource. A lot of people will complain the damage is too little compared to what they are using, and won’t use it, or it will be too much damage and no one would use anything else.

USMC 1st Battalion 10th Marines
Guardian-Blueprinted, Warrior- Grizzilli
[JCM] Guild: Ehmry Bay WvW

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hammerheart.1426

Hammerheart.1426

The only thing here is they they would be forced to put a numerical value (damage) on what our life force means. Then they have to balance that with trying to compare damage to using our sole survivability/class mechanic resource. A lot of people will complain the damage is too little compared to what they are using, and won’t use it, or it will be too much damage and no one would use anything else.

How is lifeforce removed when you take damage if there is no numeric value?

Unless it is something like x amt of damage = x% life force lost.

Can anyone weigh in on this?