Death Spiral

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I really didn’t like this skill on the greatsword. Using it felt like a waste of time even when you could hit several opponents.
It’s slow to activate, feels wonky when it activates and the payoff is insignificant. 12% Life Force and 12 Vuln and like 2k~ damage at best. I feel like it should do something more, like inflict an additional condition or have some boonhate on it. It’s easily the skill on the GS that I liked the least anyway.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It needs a bit more range and to be activated a bit faster but overall its a nice skill. The LF is per enemy, so it can generate some pretty obscene LF, plus it does damage 6x for Soul Eater/Vampiric/Vampiric Aura and on-hit procs, meaning it can pretty reasonably heal you for up to 900 per person hit on top of the LF and vuln.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I agree it’s my least favorite of the skills. It has some use, but the damage certainly isn’t there with it, and GS could honestly use a bit more anti-kiting mechanics due to its slowness. I hope their work on Gs isn’t totally over yet because it could certainly use some changes.

Things like:
- GS 1 (first attack) also cripples for 1 seconds Up LF generation to 1/2/3
- Gravedigger could possibly use a tiny damage reduction (pvp burst purposes) but go down to a 1 sec cast with less aftercast.
- GS 3 needs more damage overall just seems like it should be a bit scarier, but maybe not too terribly much. 300 range would be nice.
- Night fall, god if it could follow you, all Lich King esque, (like warrior torch 5) that’d be great!!!
- personally, I’d rather this become a skill to shadow step one enemy to you and chill them (and a .25 second daze so it still interrupts) on a 25 sec CD, so it was more reliable and not so janky.

This would be my dream weapon.

Edit: in regards to Bhawb, still not sure how I feel about all of the Lf on GS being per target. Some, maybe, but I feel like it puts the weapon in a weird spot for 1v1 already being slower than dagger.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Edit: in regards to Bhawb, still not sure how I feel about all of the Lf on GS being per target. Some, maybe, but I feel like it puts the weapon in a weird spot for 1v1 already being slower than dagger.

Well the thing is, Anet doesnt want GS to be a 1v1 weapon. They outright stated that dagger is supposed to be the superior one in 1v1.

And to death spiral: Gee said it is supposed to be a low damage setup skill. For that purpose i think an increase in range would be a good idea.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Well the thing is, Anet doesnt want GS to be a 1v1 weapon. They outright stated that dagger is supposed to be the superior one in 1v1.

And to death spiral: Gee said it is supposed to be a low damage setup skill. For that purpose i think an increase in range would be a good idea.

Not best suited for and bad are kind of different beasts. They also meant it’s the better single target DPS weapon (dagger), not that you will suck in small scale pvp of you use a GS. At least I would hope, because it’s not terribly better in group PvP where you’re more likely to be interrupted while casting the long casts.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Some nice synergy between death spiral and vamp signet. If you have locust swarm and hit vamp signet and death spiral the healing and lf gain is insane.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Some nice synergy between death spiral and vamp signet. If you have locust swarm and hit vamp signet and death spiral the healing and lf gain is insane.

Vamp signet has a 1 second ICD, so it’s not that astounding.

That said, I find Death Spiral to be very satisfactory. It does its job well as a setup skill and is basically garunteed to proc on hit/crit effects that you have.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ravezaar.4951

Ravezaar.4951

Despite a huge improvement from BWE1 both in range and Cone AoE it still lands fewest time of GS skills for me, in a PvP setup (all skill land in pvE) its very hard to trigger it and basicly just work on a enemy when they up close and right infront of you.

Underjordens Furste 80 Necro Piken-server
Servant of Dhuum

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: the noobiniser.7465

the noobiniser.7465

I agree it’s my least favorite of the skills. It has some use, but the damage certainly isn’t there with it, and GS could honestly use a bit more anti-kiting mechanics due to its slowness. I hope their work on Gs isn’t totally over yet because it could certainly use some changes.

Things like:
- Gravedigger could possibly use a tiny damage reduction (pvp burst purposes) but go down to a 1 sec cast with less aftercast.
- GS 3 needs more damage overall just seems like it should be a bit scarier, but maybe not too terribly much. 300 range would be nice.
- Night fall, god if it could follow you, all Lich King esque, (like warrior torch 5) that’d be great!!!
- personally, I’d rather this become a skill to shadow step one enemy to you and chill them (and a .25 second daze so it still interrupts) on a 25 sec CD, so it was more reliable and not so janky.

You are the kind of guy that can play cele DD ele atm and say it’s underpowered.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ezkiel.7059

Ezkiel.7059

My only issue with that skill was how hard is sometimes to hit even one target given its narow hit box well its better this time around but i would still love if it was like warrior GS skill where you can skill shot stuff instead of depending on target.

Beside that LF generation is quite nice once things line up and Vuln is always nice to have especially with that trait(vuln to crit one) as its quite easy to solo stack up 25% Vuln even without any trait or signet investment.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

ronpierce.2760

Things like:

You are the kind of guy that can play cele DD ele atm and say it’s underpowered.

That’s an awful loaded assumption for wanting a weapon to be a bit more practical in PvP. Nothing I said would make it any more strong than just using Dagger/WH in pvp.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Am I the only person who didn’t have issues landing this skill, both in PvP and PvE?

I’m a Geeleiver

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s a brainless damage skill on a weapon that badly needs utility.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

It just needs a faster activation time and maybe a bump in damage.

Maybe it could apply weakness or something as well.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I think you have it confused with another skill. Death Spiral isn’t a damage skill, it’s a life force generation/vulnerability stacking skill. Plus, it can be used to burn through blinds and block charges like nothing else. Guardian blinded you, has Aegis, and is currently under Shield of Wrath? Death Spiral burns through all of those and still lands a hit.

I’m a Geeleiver

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lemondish.3268

Lemondish.3268

Am I the only person who didn’t have issues landing this skill, both in PvP and PvE?

You’re not.

I also have absolutely no idea what people are complaining about. This skill is really strong already. Sure, it may not hit hard, but it provides 12 vuln stacks which works out to 24% crit with Decimate Defenses. There may be a few mechanical issues with it, but all in all I think it’s the most important skill to me, depending on build of course.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I think you have it confused with another skill. Death Spiral isn’t a damage skill, it’s a life force generation/vulnerability stacking skill. Plus, it can be used to burn through blinds and block charges like nothing else. Guardian blinded you, has Aegis, and is currently under Shield of Wrath? Death Spiral burns through all of those and still lands a hit.

And don’t forget that it adds 24% crit chance with Decimate Defenses. Honestly I’d say GS has a lot of utility, just the AA needs to be slightly faster and gravedigger could do with a 1/4 second cast time reduction. Possibly even death spiral as well, but they could make it more flashy to compensate.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: PlatinumMember.5274

PlatinumMember.5274

You’re not.

I also have absolutely no idea what people are complaining about. This skill is really strong already. Sure, it may not hit hard, but it provides 12 vuln stacks which works out to 24% crit with Decimate Defenses. There may be a few mechanical issues with it, but all in all I think it’s the most important skill to me, depending on build of course.

Like a lot of people on this forum you are thinking short term. yes short term you can easily land this attack in PvP. Long term people will soon be able to read the animation and simply lazily move aside.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

You’re not.

Like a lot of people on this forum you are thinking short term. yes short term you can easily land this attack in PvP. Long term people will soon be able to read the animation and simply lazily move aside.

So turn with them? It’s easy to land it no matter how your opponents move.

Besides, people will save dodges for Gravedigger and Executioner’s Scythe. Death Spiral is small potatoes compared to those.

I’m a Geeleiver

(edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180)

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

They can’t just lazily move to the side, it has a 90° cone in front of you and you can turn to stay on them. The skill does need to respond a bit faster to casting, and could use 300 range, but otherwise it does its job just fine.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

They can’t just lazily move to the side, it has a 90° cone in front of you and you can turn to stay on them. The skill does need to respond a bit faster to casting, and could use 300 range, but otherwise it does its job just fine.

I wish they had it stay the same range but add a 300 range dash to it, but they said no, no mobility. Even though those slow movie monsters they keep rambling on usually have a way to blink to a target when the targets aren’t looking or stumbling/falling down for a fraction of a second >.>

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

No kidding. If you ever watched any of the ‘Friday the 13th’ it is clear that Jason has the ability to teleport.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Death Spiral

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I also didn’t have much trouble landing it…. but I think with alot of people the animation is bigger than the actual range? There were a few occasions where I thought I was in range for it and missed.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA