Death magic, soul comprehension.

in Necromancer

Posted by: killfil.3472

killfil.3472

I only wish to express my opinion, please do not gut me for this.

I personally believe that this particular minor master trait is somewhat inefficient, and that it could easily be replaced by something that would have a tad bit more synergy with the other traits.

My own suggestion would be to change it to “Putrid presence”. This new minor trait would, instead of increasing by 20% the amount of life force gained from nearby deaths, apply poison to nearby enemies when you enter whatever shroud you have at your disposal and re-apply said poison every 3 seconds for as long as you stay in the shrouded form. Both the duration and number of stacks of poison are debatable, I do not want to create something ridiculously strong or weak.

This new effect would have a good synergy with another trait I have rarely ever seen being used, “putrid defense”, which reduces the damage taken from poisoned foes by 10%, as well as the grand-master trait “Corrupter’s fervor” that increases your toughness and reduces incoming condition damage for every condition you apply up to a maximum of 300T and 20% reduction.

This is merely a suggestion for both my fellow necromancer’s ears and, of course, the development team!

Feel free to state your own ideas!

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Not a bad idea, but I prefer to have more poison outside of shroud. Shroud is already good defense by itself, but having 10% putrid defense more often outside of shroud make more sense to me.

20% increased LF gain from deaths. You apply 2 stacks of poison when not in Shroud (3s/10s. cd) up to 5 ratgets. Steal 1% LF from poisoned targets 5s. icd

(edited by mazut.4296)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Basically, any replacement that doesn’t actively harm you is preferable to Soul Comprehension. Saying it’s “somewhat inefficient” is like saying the ocean is somewhat humid.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: killfil.3472

killfil.3472

Basically, any replacement that doesn’t actively harm you is preferable to Soul Comprehension. Saying it’s “somewhat inefficient” is like saying the ocean is somewhat humid.

I’ll be honest… that made me giggle.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Ahh a new soul comprehension thread. Good job keep them up and maybe at some point Anet will do something about this kitten trait.