Death's Charge Missing Very Often

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vixena.3821

Vixena.3821

Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug with Death’s Charge where it will often miss during the spinning phase? It happens extremely often for me, and it’s incredibly annoying. All of that DPS is just gone. What is happening? This was found early in beta and still no fix.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

I think I’ve seen this fairly frequently, and it misses in the sense that nothing pops up. No numbers, no “Miss”, no “Block”. It just doesn’t land on anything.

However, the spinning phase does hardly any damage, if memory serves. Basically all of the damage is loaded into the blind hit at the end of the spin, so I don’t think you’re actually missing out on much at all. It’s just a bit irritating.

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Valdorian.2481

Valdorian.2481

This happens to me almost every single time I use it. I’ve found that this is worthless in a fight unless you use it as a disengage/chase skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Clairenix.2780

Clairenix.2780

PVE wise, it seems to depend alot on your target. Some creatures have obnoxiously small hit boxes despite huge size, other times I feel like it glitches out. I fell a number of times at Mouth of Mordremoth…

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

It mostly happens if you’re actually charging at the target. Use it in melee range/point blank for best results. The big hit usually connects for me, though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

It mostly happens if you’re actually charging at the target. Use it in melee range/point blank for best results. The big hit usually connects for me, though.

The skill will land fewer hits the further away you are from the target. But the problem is different. half the time even in close range it either land 1 or 2 hits or it spins in place and do nothing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

My observation on DC is that it does a lock-on targetting. It locks-on to the spot directly in front of your target and will do damage to anything in between the target, or with a tiny hitbox at the targets location. The target can avoid almost all the damage by stepping backwards just slightly, and the charge will not follow the target at all. It also seems like if the target is not longer targetable, DC will continue through the previous lock-on.

Alright meow, where were we?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

The skill will land fewer hits the further away you are from the target. But the problem is different. half the time even in close range it either land 1 or 2 hits or it spins in place and do nothing.

Which is exactly what I meant, sorry if that wasn’t clear.
If you’re at point blank and use the skill, you’re less likely to encounter the issue of “interlocking” (for the lack of a better word) and missing the enemy despite being in front of them. I only ever have that issue if I charge at them from a distance.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Often my character would charge in place, like there’s an invisible wall, rather than charge to the player’s face while they’re well within charge range. This is frustrating because I lose the gap closer.

When using Curses with Path of Corruption, I’ve noticed this issue affects whether it corrupts boons or not. Often I get no miss messages, but my character wouldn’t charge to the player properly, thus I miss out on corrupting 2 boons.

Death’s Charge is like GS 5, both needs to be made more reliable.

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

Which is exactly what I meant, sorry if that wasn’t clear.
If you’re at point blank and use the skill, you’re less likely to encounter the issue of “interlocking” (for the lack of a better word) and missing the enemy despite being in front of them. I only ever have that issue if I charge at them from a distance.

I only confirmed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubris.8591

Anubris.8591

Did you select target before you hit the button? All hits connect all the time for me. Turn on auto target select if youre having so much trouble.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

Rush/bull rush/whirlwind attack on warrior.

All of them have a high degree of missing or overshooting. Use all movement attack skills as if they are melee attacks. If you use them at any sort of range the game mechanics will often fail you. After 3 years illusionary leap etc all still have fail percentages attached when used at range. You gotta figure out how to use them to minimise the fail chance. Its just a issue in game that despite anet making some QoL changes, they have never really cracked 100% reliability on movement attack skills.
Over time you’ll figure out when and when it will not target properly. It is disappointing, but it happens.

(edited by CntrlAltDefeat.1465)

in Necromancer

mazut.4296

yet the skill we are talking about is different. It should spin toward the target every time and deal damage with every hit in range of the target, but it doesn’t. All the warrior skills you mention, do what they are intended and miss only if the target is not in los or if dodged.