Death's Charge change

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Going to highlight a quote because it would be a great improvement to the skill.

This ability should remove imobilize and go trough enemys knoking them down like rev staff.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Remove immobilize would be nice but being immune to cc might be a bit much. It already blocks projectiles, and we have access to stability in Reaper Shroud if you are worried about cc.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Remove immobilize would be nice but being immune to cc might be a bit much. It already blocks projectiles, and we have access to stability in Reaper Shroud if you are worried about cc.

The suggestion was really clear, not sure why you brought up the other stuff about cc and stab?

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

As I already said in reply to this guys comment, it would mean increasing the skill cooldown to at least 20 seconds (more like 30s given rev skills have an energy cost).

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

How anyone can find something lacking in this skill is beyond me.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

As I already said in reply to this guys comment, it would mean increasing the skill cooldown to at least 20 seconds (more like 30s given rev skills have an energy cost).

Nah, shroud is already gated.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

It’s pretty easy to envision if you are a pvp minded player.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Given it’s on a 6 second cooldown, it’s easy to argue that it’s overloaded already. 600 range dash, AoE Blind, decent damage, and projectile blocking.

At most, all I would change is that you don’t stop moving on the very first hit on your target, instead continuing to move if they are no longer getting hit.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

Given it’s on a 6 second cooldown, it’s easy to argue that it’s overloaded already. 600 range dash, AoE Blind, decent damage, and projectile blocking.

At most, all I would change is that you don’t stop moving on the very first hit on your target, instead continuing to move if they are no longer getting hit.

Meanwhile in wvw… there are a crap ton of incredible skills being spammed and players are bouncing all over… and this skill gets crapped on by enemies moving, pathing issues, and is completely shut down by 1 (of the thousand incoming) immob… All of this wonderfulness on the least mobile profession in-game that has 1 offensive mobile skill gated behind shroud.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Meanwhile in wvw… there are a crap ton of incredible skills being spammed and players are bouncing all over… and this skill gets crapped on by enemies moving, pathing issues, and is completely shut down by 1 (of the thousand incoming) immob… All of this wonderfulness on the least mobile profession in-game that has 1 offensive mobile skill gated behind shroud.

Does that justify buffing it to Surge of the Mists proportions? Hell no. As much as I want Necro to be buffed, that’s just over compensating.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: miguelsil.6324

miguelsil.6324

This …

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This skill doesn’t need more functionality. It already does a ton of stuff.

• Blocks projectiles
  • Damages in a line up to target
  • Blinds in an AOE when the skill finishes
  • Leap finisher
  • Mobility skill
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: insaneseagull.7063

insaneseagull.7063

This is really weird. I was about to make a post and suggest letting Deaths Charge deflect projectiles. Because I thought i remembered that it was doing that in HOT beta or at some point then it was removed? So I basically wanted to revert it back to deflecting projectiles.

Was this ever removed at all? I feel like I’m having a stroke here because I can remember it getting removed and I was constantly kittened over by projectiles from warriors,guardians and rangers. So I was bummed at one point that it didn’t work anymore.

Basically,I could swear I’ve been soaking up projectiles like a freakin’ pin cushion almost since day 1.

Wtf?

EDIT: Looking at the history of this skill I’m so wrong. I can’t believe why I’ve been hit with projectiles during it then. Maybe some unblockables?

Server: Far Shiverpeaks
IGN: Sparkly Darkness/Sinh Verdandi/Got D Boons
Guild: Anime And Manga Club [AMC]

(edited by insaneseagull.7063)

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

And a leap and can be traited to corrupt 2 boons from all targets struck by it’s 240 radius aoe blind.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

The suggestion was really clear, not sure why you brought up the other stuff about cc and stab?

Pretty simple really, knockdown is a cc. Most of the time when Anet wants to implement a skill that, as you suggest, is immune to knockdown or whatever, they attach stability to the skill. This then prevents the skill from being interrupt by any cc, so long as a stack of stability remains.

So you see, I mention all of this because I don’t think I have ever seen Anet make a skill that is completely immune to only one form off cc. As I said, they instead go with attaching stability to the skill.

Now with that in mind, I can’t really see them adding stability to a skill that already destroys projectiles, does decent damage, has an aoe blind, is a leap finisher, and can be traited to corrupt boons. Especially since we already have pulsing stability from RS3.

Hope that clears things up for ya. ;-P

Gate of Madness

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Pretty simple really, knockdown is a cc. Most of the time when Anet wants to implement a skill that, as you suggest, is immune to knockdown or whatever, they attach stability to the skill. This then prevents the skill from being interrupt by any cc, so long as a stack of stability remains.

So you see, I mention all of this because I don’t think I have ever seen Anet make a skill that is completely immune to only one form off cc. As I said, they instead go with attaching stability to the skill.

Now with that in mind, I can’t really see them adding stability to a skill that already destroys projectiles, does decent damage, has an aoe blind, is a leap finisher, and can be traited to corrupt boons. Especially since we already have pulsing stability from RS3.

I think the original suggestion was lost in translation:
Give skill an evade (aka anti CC) like Surge of the mists and the knock back.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

miguelsil.6324

Yes please. If anything Just give remove imobilize or evade while doing with without touching cd. Necros have it worst right now and the remove imobilize would help escaping (wich they suck at) and evade would help the lack of utilities inside shroud.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

this would be incredible but I think it would be really tricky to implement since nothing else behaves this way.
shrugs idk.
adding an evade I could agree too but the damage would have to be brought down for balance purposes.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Swagger.1459

What you need to do is reread the suggestion…

This ability should remove imobilize and go trough enemys knoking them down like rev staff.

1. Remove immobilize.

2. Knock down enemies.

Does that clear it up for you? Are we on the same page now?

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

ACTUALLY I can, the pathing sucks. I love this skill to bits in its current iteration and I don’t think it needs to break immob. BUT THE PATHING SUCKS.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

ACTUALLY I can, the pathing sucks. I love this skill to bits in its current iteration and I don’t think it needs to break immob. BUT THE PATHING SUCKS.

That’s a game mechanic problem though, not the problem of the skill. Other movement skills can have similar issues, like Warrior Savage Leap completely jumping past the foe if you are in a higher position than them. And shadowstep skills failing because of a tiny bit of terrain in the way.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: lucadiro.4519

lucadiro.4519

Use without target and you will not stop at the First hit

Parabrezza

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

then you just charge past them lol

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

He means that if you hit the target at first, but say they use a shadow step, you will continue to pursue them after the initial hit.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Death’s Charge is already so strong that I’ve been running Onslaught since the reaper’s release just for the consistent resets on it.

If you want to buff anything at all about RS, it should be RS3, by either a QoL change to allow it to be casted during Charge, or by increasing the stab duration slightly and upping application responsiveness.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Death’s Charge is already so strong that I’ve been running Onslaught since the reaper’s release just for the consistent resets on it.

If you want to buff anything at all about RS, it should be RS3, by either a QoL change to allow it to be casted during Charge, or by increasing the stab duration slightly and upping application responsiveness.

I’d settle for RS3 not interrupting your auto attack. Stability portion, not the Fear.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

I’d settle for RS3 not interrupting your auto attack. Stability portion, not the Fear.

That’s largely what I meant; it has no cast animation but requires idling at the moment as though it has one. The fear component has no cast at all.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

What you need to do is reread the suggestion…

1. Remove immobilize.

2. Knock down enemies.

Does that clear it up for you? Are we on the same page now?

When you break it down like that it is much clearer. The way it read it sounded like you wanted the skill to be immune to knockdown such as the revs knockdown skill. All in the wording man.

That brings up a whole new issue though, since that Rev skill was nerfed due to providing too much with it having good damage, an evade, and strong cc. Doubt they would then turn around and add an immobilize clear and multi-target knockdown to Death’s Charge. It really is alot to stack on one skill. Other aspects of the skill would have to be nerfed/removed to make it happen, and I’m not sure it would be worth it.

Gate of Madness

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

To “take care” of Immobilize we have Relentless Pursuit (trait).
Overbuffing our most common mobility skill will greatly increase its CD.
With high CD of shroud #2 Path of Corruption will lose effectiveness.

The most useful part of Death’s Charge its beign a low CD gap closer, with projectile destruction and blind. This 3 things don’t go well with a longer CD..

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

miguelsil.6324

It should remove imobilize imo as necro is the easiest class to kite root and cc. And like someone above said our most common (only usefull imo) mobility/escape/persue abilitie should remobe imobilize to at least give necros a better chance of escaping a pintch instead of crying out loud help to the rest of the party that has the means to run away much better. Dont think just removing imob or adding evade for that efect would make a big diference in zergs but would do wonders in smallscale.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

What would be the use of relentless pursuit if we got a skill on 6 second CD to do the same job? It would be redundant.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

miguelsil.6324

What would be the use of relentless pursuit if we got a skill on 6 second CD to do the same job? It would be redundant.

Not the same job. One of the other efects. The one that is actually needed for that ability. Instead of imobilize make it work for SLOW.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: steelheart.7386

steelheart.7386

Necros are awesome we don’t need buffs anywhere. I mean Deaths Charge is already the greatest ability in the game. I swear you pve players slay me.

Death's Charge change

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

No way! Unholy Feast for president 2017.