Deathly Chill Nerf

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

So for those that don’t know, Deathly Chill will be nerfed upon the release of PoF but Reaper will be buffed significantly. So we will basically be getting Scourge as our condi/support spec, and Reaper as our power spec.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

I’d like to see a source for that, please.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: SunTzu.4513

SunTzu.4513

Dito please. I love my condiminionmaster with reapertrait, rise and all this stuff, it would be pretty hard to give him up for me.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xamin.6895

Xamin.6895

Here is the source (hop to 1:50 where he talks about the Scourge torment + burning elite, he will mention the nerf there):
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/163637673

Personally I don’t like this approach at all and I would feel a kitteneated as a reaper. I’ve heard mention where people say that this might just be an intermediate step from Anet before they perform a reaper overhaul that is a bit more complete, but based on my experience from previous years I doubt that will happen (remember all the bugged minions for how many years?)

I am not too bothered about the idea of making the reaper power based, and the scourge condi based, but then why not replace the reaper elite with something power specs can use instead of simply nerfing it, rendering it useless and thereby forcing people into a fixed build which goes against this whole build diversity thing they advertised during the announcement video.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

I welcome the nerf. I hate abusing Chill and find the Combo Field gimmick really detrimental to Necro in Raids. Scourge will basically save a Meta spot for us, because it’s a real Condition Trait Line, unlike the disaster that Reaper was. Scourge will do about the same probably, if not a bit more than the 33k benchmark using the Combo Field gimmick. This will be because of the mass amounts of Torment we’ll be causing with Burning, Bleeding, and Poison.

Deathly Chill should be Power focused, because that’s how Reaper should be

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: narcx.3570

narcx.3570

Here is the source (hop to 1:50 where he talks about the Scourge torment + burning elite, he will mention the nerf there):

Personally I don’t like this approach at all and I would feel a kitteneated as a reaper. I’ve heard mention where people say that this might just be an intermediate step from Anet before they perform a reaper overhaul that is a bit more complete, but based on my experience from previous years I doubt that will happen (remember all the bugged minions for how many years?)

I am not too bothered about the idea of making the reaper power based, and the scourge condi based, but then why not replace the reaper elite with something power specs can use instead of simply nerfing it, rendering it useless and thereby forcing people into a fixed build which goes against this whole build diversity thing they advertised during the announcement video.

Deathly Chill is already scaled to one stack of bleeding in sPvP… This video is in the sPvP training area. Thus, the necro in the video will be shackled by sPvP balance.

No need to lose our minds yet. :P

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Did they say what the change will be? I can’t watch the video right now. Or will it just change to be power oriented like “Deal 10% more damage to chilled foes” or something.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xamin.6895

Xamin.6895

That’s actually a good point. I completely forgot about that, my bad!

Deathly Chill is already scaled to one stack of bleeding in sPvP… This video is in the sPvP training area. Thus, the necro in the video will be shackled by sPvP balance.

No need to lose our minds yet. :P

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

So for those that don’t know, Deathly Chill will be nerfed upon the release of PoF but Reaper will be buffed significantly. So we will basically be getting Scourge as our condi/support spec, and Reaper as our power spec.

So, as a condi Reaper who spent a lot of time/gold getting full ascended Viper stats it’s a big FU…got it.

So glad I didn’t preorder…

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

So, as a condi Reaper who spent a lot of time/gold getting full ascended Viper stats it’s a big FU…got it.

Two things you can do
1) Convert your ascended viper gear to power gear
2) Power through high level fractals and/or WvW like a crazy person to get both power and condi gear

Trust me when I say your first full ascended set will be your hardest, it gets easier from there.

Edit: I doubt the nerf will make deathly chill useless. The sheer fact that you can use two skills to stack tons of chill, bleed, and poison at once is what makes it so OP.

(edited by Coffietire.2783)

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

Viper’s will likely still be an exceptional statspread for Scourge. Don’t lose your head just yet.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredg.4890

Dredg.4890

Good thing I kept my zerk armor

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Two things you can do
2) Power through high level fractals and/or WvW like a crazy person to get both power and condi gear

Trust me when I say your first full ascended set will be your hardest, it gets easier from there.

Edit: I doubt the nerf will make deathly chill useless. The sheer fact that you can use two skills to stack tons of chill, bleed, and poison at once is what makes it so OP.

From the looks of the WP video, its going back to 1 bleed stack.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Two things you can do

WP video showed a Deathly Chill that’s identical to what’s currently live. He was in PvP, and the PvP version is only 1 stack.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Two things you can do

How many times can it be said,

He was in the spvp area, it’s already 1 stack in spvp. So nobody knows yet what pve/wvw deathly chill will get changed to, if at all.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ziggityzog.7389

Ziggityzog.7389

I never liked reaper as a condition spec. I run it as power and it’s great. Necro baseline has the conditions if you want it and soon scourge. I for one will welcome this change to my fav class the reaper.

lol’ing at thos who use broken builds and claim to be good since 2005.

|||Necro the masterclass very few know about.|||

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Thanks for the link, Lahmia.

I do not see a problem with nerfing condi on Reaper when Scourge becomes available. Reaper is predominantly a power trait line and Necromancer needed the hybrid build because Curses without it is bad. Scourge will be the alternative condition build so I can live with a Deathly Chill nerf in exchange for a power buff on Reaper.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I saw some posts on them perhaps changing Deathly Chill to a power damage instead of condi bleed damage. And I really hope this happens.

Instead of leaving Deathly Chill as it is now doing bleed damage and then just nerfing it to one stack or two stack, it would be great if Deathly Chill was changed to a power damage trait.

For example, changing this GM trait Deathly Chill to: do 20% more power damage to chilled opponents.

This would make Reapers solely focused on Power builds and gives Scourge the room to be the Condi Support spec that they are.

I wouldn’t want to see Deathly Chill just left as a condi damage trait and nerfed by lowering the bleed stacks.

Reapers have 3 GM, all with their own flavor.

• Blighter’s Boon choice for players who prefer a sustain attribution build
  • Reaper’s Onslaught choice for players who prefer speedier shroud attacks
  • Deathly Chill choice for players who prefer to go the high damage route

I hope, as other players have commented, that they change Deathly chill into a GM trait that supports Power Damage and not just leave it as a nerfed condi trait. It is, to me, a trait line that was supposed to support a high damage build and not changing it to support a Power Reaper will probably make Reapers less appealing compared to Scourge.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I hope, as other players have commented, that they change Deathly chill into a GM trait that supports Power Damage

I agree. There are many options for DC if a hybrid Reaper build is no longer the necessary to achieve the best dps for the profession.

An example is to convert DC to a Spotter-like group buff by giving bonus ferocity to allies.

Deathly Chill Nerf

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Two things you can do

WP video showed a Deathly Chill that’s identical to what’s currently live. He was in PvP, and the PvP version is only 1 stack.

Ah good point well made. Hopefully thought they either made chill deal direct damage every time you apply it or life stealing.