Deathly Chill and PvE

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

So switched my Reaper over to a condi build for PvE content and have been having much more fun with it. Then noticed that there are quite a few mobs in the new zones that are straight up immune to chill. Like, you go to apply chill and a message pops up saying “Immune.”

Just…..like….wtf!? That is such a large part of my condition damage that is just flat out gone. I understand they don’t want certain mobs slowed by chill, and I’m cool with that, but I’d still like the damage from Deathly Chill, especially when it’s part of what is such a big deal about condi Reaper!

I’ve noticed this is mostly on champion mobs that have no breakbar, such as the Legendary Wyvern. >.<

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

yeah its total BS

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

I really hope this is just an oversight by anet and maybe someday they’ll fix it?

Gate of Madness

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akuni.8604

Akuni.8604

I really hope this is just an oversight by anet and maybe someday they’ll fix it?

Probably not, they simply didn’t bother with splitting mechanics. DC procs on chill application and not on chill inducing skill/effect. If it would be the 2nd case you could just say let the dmg go through and ignore chill. They’d need to rewrite quite some code for that I guess…

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

The only thing is, it already functions that way on enemies with break bars or the old defiance boon. They are still immune to the slow effects of chill or the cc effects of fear, but they still took damage from terror and deathly chill.

That is mainly what is bothering me. They already have enemies in the game that show this is perfectly possible to implement, but they still have these random enemies that remain completely immune to the damage from terror and deathly chill, making it that much more difficult to make a consistent necro/reaper condi build.

Gate of Madness

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

The only thing is, it already functions that way on enemies with break bars or the old defiance boon. They are still immune to the slow effects of chill or the cc effects of fear, but they still took damage from terror and deathly chill.

That is mainly what is bothering me. They already have enemies in the game that show this is perfectly possible to implement, but they still have these random enemies that remain completely immune to the damage from terror and deathly chill, making it that much more difficult to make a consistent necro/reaper condi build.

Gate of Madness

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Play as Burn Guard in PvE, you’ll cry even more. Even in WvW is complicated, with the immune fire elementals in shirines.

But I agree, they should updade all old deafiance mechanic to the new one. And remove a few exceptions where the NPC is immune to soft CC, should be changed to be no effect on them but still apply.

Sorry for my english.

Deathly Chill and PvE

in Necromancer

Shaogin.2679

Play as Burn Guard in PvE, you’ll cry even more. Even in WvW is complicated, with the immune fire elementals in shirines.

But I agree, they should updade all old deafiance mechanic to the new one. And remove a few exceptions where the NPC is immune to soft CC, should be changed to be no effect on them but still apply.

The amount of PvE bosses immune to burn is far fewer than those immune to chill and fear, so that would actually be an improvement.

Gate of Madness