Deathly Chill clarification

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Given the change to Deathly Chill:

“Deathly Chill: This trait no longer causes chill to inflict damage but instead applies 8 seconds of bleeding each time you apply chill to an enemy.”

I am first assuming that 8 seconds is subject to condition duration so could theoretically be extended to 16 seconds.

I also know that chill does not stack. The question is what counts as applying chill? If a target is already chilled and you cast another chill skill on it, is the duration increased (probably not) or more importantly is another 8 second stack of bleeding added?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Salamander.2504

Salamander.2504

Yes, you can extend the duration, and yes if you cast chill on a chilled foe a 2nd stack of bleeding is added.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

It’s not worth it – in short. Pick up Dhuumfire.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

This.
It would be more GM worthy if it was 2 stacks….and note, I said more GM worthy, not “GM worthy”.

in Necromancer

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Thinking about raid application, we always had to limit to one ‘chill’ necro because chill doesn’t stack, but now many chill necros can cause lots of stacks of bleeding because lots of things still trigger chill. Is burn damage really greater than all these extra stacks of bleed? How many bleeds (which last longer then burn) are needed to equal one burn?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

To clarify, it would take at least 4-5 bleeds to make up for the loss of the chill damage. Meaning unless you can apply 4-5 chills every 8-16s (depending on bleed duration), you are losing out on damage. Burning has 2.5x better condition damage scaling, and 6x higher base damage, so for a given condition damage you need roughly 3-4 bleeds to match burn damage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Given the change to Deathly Chill:

“Deathly Chill: This trait no longer causes chill to inflict damage but instead applies 8 seconds of bleeding each time you apply chill to an enemy.”

I am first assuming that 8 seconds is subject to condition duration so could theoretically be extended to 16 seconds.

I also know that chill does not stack. The question is what counts as applying chill? If a target is already chilled and you cast another chill skill on it, is the duration increased (probably not) or more importantly is another 8 second stack of bleeding added?

I just tested it myself … I applied 3 chills at once … I got 3 bleeds at once. The bleeds extend in duration like the normal rules.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cobracommander.5861

cobracommander.5861

you can have both, just to clarify.

Darth
Necro
CD-FA-TC-HoD-SoS-TC-FA-SBI-SoS-JQ-ET-SFR-FA-DR

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cristobal.8640

Cristobal.8640

Consider:

You can get chill from other people like an ele giving you frost aura (Now bleeds enemy when hit) or thieves giving you the chill venom.

So far all the builds are made trying not to spam chill, that is, not to waste different applications at the same time. Now we can build the opposite way… There is a trait that chills on blind (Plague or the well bleeds on every blind+chill now for example) and stuff like Frost Nova or Hydro+Ice sigils. Reaper Runes chill on every shout, all of this stacks bleeds…

I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be a DPS increase in a lot of situations. Haven’t done the math but if 3-4 bleeds are enough to get back the old damage… Ice Field + Whirl should be like 3 times the damage?

in Necromancer

cobracommander.5861

Consider:

You can get chill from other people like an ele giving you frost aura (Now bleeds enemy when hit) or thieves giving you the chill venom.

So far all the builds are made trying not to spam chill, that is, not to waste different applications at the same time. Now we can build the opposite way… There is a trait that chills on blind (Plague or the well bleeds on every blind+chill now for example) and stuff like Frost Nova or Hydro+Ice sigils. Reaper Runes chill on every shout, all of this stacks bleeds…

I wouldn’t be surprised if this turns out to be a DPS increase in a lot of situations. Haven’t done the math but if 3-4 bleeds are enough to get back the old damage… Ice Field + Whirl should be like 3 times the damage?

good points! Definitely going to be testing this

Darth
Necro

in Necromancer

cobracommander.5861

Consider:

I will say that with the whirl combo, it’s more effective to do that on a poison field from corrosive poison cloud or staff3. But, at least it’s a way to propagate chill and still get a decent amount of condi burst out of it.

Darth
Necro

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Are RS1 autos more DPS than Scepter 1 autos with dhuumfire in vipers gear?

[EG] is recruiting!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dreaming serpent.5197

Dreaming serpent.5197

To clarify, it would take at least 4-5 bleeds to make up for the loss of the chill damage. Meaning unless you can apply 4-5 chills every 8-16s (depending on bleed duration), you are losing out on damage. Burning has 2.5x better condition damage scaling, and 6x higher base damage, so for a given condition damage you need roughly 3-4 bleeds to match burn damage.

Dear Bawb, I’d like to present Rune of the reaper and shouts. This is turning out to be a buff

Jake Demoni -Necromancer- “Please stop moa-ing me”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

Dear Bawb, I’d like to present Rune of the reaper and shouts. This is turning out to be a buff

While it could work in sPvP, it will not work in Raids.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

So you lose out on a ton of useful stats just to get one 8s (because no condition duration) bleed and short chill per person per shout? Don’t think its remotely worth it, you’re better off with a real rune set, and it definitely isn’t a buff compared to pre patch.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

This is a free trait for any reaper:

Shivers of Dread: Whenever you inflict fear, you also chill.

So fear now does extra damage as well as chill. Before chill didn’t stack extra damage, but now you do add extra bleed stacks.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

So you lose out on a ton of useful stats just to get one 8s (because no condition duration) bleed and short chill per person per shout? Don’t think its remotely worth it, you’re better off with a real rune set, and it definitely isn’t a buff compared to pre patch.

Yup, youre trading a rune of your choice (like soldier for condi remove or traveler for no movement hassle),
for potentially maybe dealing the same lower side of dmg you were doing before…. always….without your bleeds being cleansed….without ramp up…feelsbadman…

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hankerser.3560

Hankerser.3560

This build and tell you, condition necromancer no hope, so you can go after other profession.