Deathly Chill does too low DPS

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

90 or 147 dps per whenever chilled. This is not grandmaster worthy.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

If you max out on condition damage it hits a whopping 300 DPS below 50%! Yeah its garbage.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Malchior.1928

Malchior.1928

At least it’s not dhuumfire all over again. Which means the six should hear our prayers for buffs, right ?

[QQ] A Quaggan in Arah

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

They went way overboard with trying to keep it line didn’t they?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

If you max out on condition damage it hits a whopping 300 DPS below 50%! Yeah its garbage.

IMO, this should’ve been a power build trait.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kraav.8136

Kraav.8136

Deathly Chill currently scales off condition damage. Please code it to use either Power or Condi damage which ever is greater.

After that adust the base damage up because it is weak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

At least it’s not dhuumfire all over again. Which means the six should hear our prayers for buffs, right ?

dhuum…icecube?

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

dhuum…icecube?

frostbite !

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

wasn’t this trait the reason they nerfed our chilling darkness and chills in general in addition to nerfing the chill on gs?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

wasn’t this trait the reason they nerfed our chilling darkness and chills in general in addition to nerfing the chill on gs?

Now that I think about it, were any parts of the Reaper not nerfed from the reveal livestream?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tristan.5678

Tristan.5678

90 140 + 900 from Gs auto attacks what you want more That heel of a lot of DPS RS auto attack should be nerfed as well 1500k 1500 1500 3k IS TO OPP!!!!!! (sarcasm) Those who will play in PVE with reaper and Gs will have more hate than necros running current top dps build available to necros…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Now that I think about it, were any parts of the Reaper not nerfed from the reveal livestream?

Most of reaper wasn’t touched, RS 2/4 were buffed, as was one of the shouts. It was a mixed bag overall.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Highest tick I got was 314 and I was sorely disappointed. That was the trait I was most looking forward to. Was really hoping it’d be a more balanced version of Dhuumfire that I could more reliably keep on my target for damage but NOPE.

Call me a baby but after trying out Reaper I’ve decided I’ll be moving over to my Warrior as my main… It doesn’t have the dark and brooding theme which I adore so dearly with Necromancer but it suits my style of play a lot better. It’s not complicated, gets the job done and I can function well with it solo in WvW.

Still always gonna have a soft spot for Necro and will still play it from time to time but… This was the final straw. Time to play a class that doesn’t suck at everything.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Dmg of Deathly Chill is calculated with sth like:

145 + (0.12 x Cond) for <50% HP
97 + (0.083 x Cond) for >50% HP

This is really weak. Compared to Terror, which is

444 + (0.4 x Cond) with other condis and 33% less without other condis may be sth. like
296 + (0.16 x Cond) if I’m right?
Or remains the 0.4-factor the same?

Chill-dmg should be increased. Normally chill is a short duration condition,…but..yeah…reaper^^…
IMO it should scale in this way:

145 + (0.3 x Cond) for <50% HP
97 + (0.2 x Cond) for >50% HP

With 1500 Cond-dmg this would be 595 for <50% HP and 397 for >50% HP.
I think this is far from OP, cause ist a non stacking condition like bleed and co.

Compared with bleeding which is 112 dmg per stack with 1500 Cond-Dmg…and there are far more than only 1 stack of it…so the dmg can be compared to 5 stacks of bleeding.

And…come on…ist only useful for condition builds so

in Necromancer

Captain Unusual.9163

Highest tick I got was 314 and I was sorely disappointed. That was the trait I was most looking forward to. Was really hoping it’d be a more balanced version of Dhuumfire that I could more reliably keep on my target for damage but NOPE.

Call me a baby but after trying out Reaper I’ve decided I’ll be moving over to my Warrior as my main… It doesn’t have the dark and brooding theme which I adore so dearly with Necromancer but it suits my style of play a lot better. It’s not complicated, gets the job done and I can function well with it solo in WvW.

Still always gonna have a soft spot for Necro and will still play it from time to time but… This was the final straw. Time to play a class that doesn’t suck at everything.

An expectedly unbalanced beta test is the last straw?

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Reaper bored me. Would be the tldr. I’ve got over 2.2k hours in Necro, I think I’ve put up with enough for even a beta, which is obviously going to be buggy, to turn me off for good. I’m just not interested in what ever future the Necromancer has anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Out of the grandmaster traits on reaper, the only one I see worth taking is blighter’s boon. The others are way too weak in their current form.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Reaper bored me. Would be the tldr. I’ve got over 2.2k hours in Necro, I think I’ve put up with enough for even a beta, which is obviously going to be buggy, to turn me off for good. I’m just not interested in what ever future the Necromancer has anymore.

Arena Net is using this test to get feedback on the reaper. I’d suggest saving your “I quit forever!” comment until the final product. If you feel you need to take a break from the profession, thats fine. I feel that way from time to time. But we have to remember that the reaper we’re seeing in beta isn’t the same as the reaper they currently have. Think of this reaper as version 0.5 and not the final product.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Comus.7365

Comus.7365

i was looking forward to this one aswell but as it is now it’s not worth taking.

in Necromancer

Captain Unusual.9163

Arena Net is using this test to get feedback on the reaper. I’d suggest saving your “I quit forever!” comment until the final product. If you feel you need to take a break from the profession, thats fine. I feel that way from time to time. But we have to remember that the reaper we’re seeing in beta isn’t the same as the reaper they currently have. Think of this reaper as version 0.5 and not the final product.

No, you fool, if it isn’t finished in it’s unfinished state, that’s it, that’s the end! Quit now!

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiredrawn.7298

wiredrawn.7298

Understandable, I’m sure a lot of suggestions for necro have been made, and this is where we are, still making suggestions, still baffled by some updates. If you’re not willing to endure the abuse then by all means switch classes, from what history tells us very little significant changes for necro will be made in the future.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

yeah…..its an absolutely terrible trait…..even if it was an adept.

300-ish per tick on a full condi…..all those nerfs in anticipation for that? couldn’t miss the mark more. scaling needs a VAST increase w/ relation to condi dmg.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

SpellOfIniquity.1780

No, you fool, if it isn’t finished in it’s unfinished state, that’s it, that’s the end! Quit now!

Smh, I said I realize that it’s unfinished, please read. I’m just not happy with the direction things are going. I’ve been a Necromancer for a very long time… I’m allowed to call it quits even if the circumstances aren’t entirely reasonable.

And it’s not like I said I’m done, never gonna play Necro again. I just said I won’t be maining it any longer.

You make it sound like I was being over dramatic when it’s you who’s being that way, not me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tasao.4623

Tasao.4623

Yup. I tried a Chill build right away and was sorely disappointed to see it do such low damage. My melee condi reaper deals 2k burning, 2k poison, 1k+ terror damage, and chill’s just sitting there ticking for 350s? After they nerfed its uptime?

I know it does a lot of other important things, but either give it real damage or give it no damage. Because 350 damage in a condi build isn’t even an extra auto-attack every 10 seconds over the course of a fight. Give us a real trait in that slot or make this one worthwhile.