Deathly chill

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: ds dante.3209

ds dante.3209

Am i the only one who thinks this trait should be on bas necro to make it more usable , also not worthy of GM status anymore imo

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaVid Darksoul.4985

DaVid Darksoul.4985

Agreed with the base necro recieving it, maybe work it into curses. As for being a GM trait I suggest merging it with Chilling Victory or adding protection or life siphon to it.

WAR Platinum Necro, HoD BL roamer/defender. Solo Keep/Tower capper.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Akrasia.5469

Akrasia.5469

Yeah this could give base nec a lot more options. It still needs a bit of a damage boost though. How about deathly chill causing chill to do direct damage initially of say 100 (based on power) and 1 stack of bleed for 7 seconds. This way it works for both power and condi necs. I hate how polarizing some of the traits are. Makes it like we have very few build choices.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: ds dante.3209

ds dante.3209

Yeah actually curses could be a good trait line to put on , atm is maybe the least used traitline on the necro

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Caredelth.1324

Caredelth.1324

Yeah actually curses could be a good trait line to put on , atm is maybe the least used traitline on the necro

Curses is a very strong traitline.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Curses is a very strong traitline.

Yeah I don’t think there is a “least used” traitline for necro. All of them see use in different builds. We are pretty fortunate among the classes to not have a dead traitline.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Glott.7239

Glott.7239

Deathly chill is a pretty strong trait in my opinion, if you have the right build for it that is. What i don’t like about it, is that it has lost a lot of flavor with the “recent” update, but i get why they had to do it. My suggestion would be to just change the condition that it applies from bleed to (a shorter) burn and rename the trait to “Freeze-burn” or something like that. this gives it a lot of flavor back and something like balthazar or flame legion runes might become a valide option for necros. more build variety is always a good thing.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

I think Deathly Chill, in order to be worthy of being a GM trait, needs to either apply 2 stacks of bleed per app of chill, or a stack of bleed per second of chill, or apply bleed plus a non-damaging condition like 2 stacks vuln or weakness…or mybe even when you apply chill to someone, they get .5 sec of immobilize plus a stack of bleed…or aeach stack of chill applies a stack of bleed and corrupts one boon into a condition…something like that.

EDIT: ooo, maybe if when u apply chill to someone, u apply a stack of bleed on them and you get aegis for like 5-10 seconds or something…OR…each app of chill applies an additional random condi on the enemy and a random boon on you

(edited by LionChain.7694)

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Chill applies 2 stacks of X (Bleed/Torment take a pick). Foes you chill receive reduced incoming boon duration and and each new subsequent chill application extends the duration of all damaging conditions on target.

2 stacks of X: 10 seconds
-30% duration of incoming boons
+4 seconds of current damaging conditions (10 seconds internal cooldown)

well this would sound more deathly to me than a mere 1 almighty stack of bleed. Or that would be too strong of a debuff…either way i dont think the devs would take a more creative route with something they just wanted dead and gone anyway

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rirgul.5302

Rirgul.5302

It’s not that bad, it’s 2000 damage minimum with even remotely half decent gear. It’ll do as a dps buff.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

why does everyone think this trait is now garbage? i get it, chill doing 500 -800 dps was great for those passive staff spammers who really needed the extra dps to kill anything but lets be real here. originally any player who can chill (IE another necro, rev, ele) would reduce your overall dps since chills override. 60% of the time you may not even see your chill dps unless you were in a 1v1 or a 2v* with a player without chill. now you proc 2 condis instead of 1 (helps against engies + eles who eat condies) and your peak burst dps is ALOT higher if you land a full burst rotation. Now assuming u run the nightmare/wanderer combo like most high level necros would the skill procs 1540 dmg over 13.75s. in 13-14s you use St#3/5, Suffer, Rs#5/4/3/3 and you have just dropped roughly 12-16 chill procs = 12 – 16 bleeds. assuming no might as this build does not stack might very well (might have like 6-8 maybe from CV) you just passively stacked (lets go low side) 12 bleeds @ 1540 over 13.75s. since your burst rotation was like 5 s all the bleeds if not cleansed will = 13** dps. now include the poision from RS#4, additional bleeds from Sc & torment + procs from sigil of hydro or WS and you have a lot of DPS if used correctly. Leave the trait where it is as it is not a viable option for vanilla cro (Burst dps requires Rs#5/4 combo)

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

Oh yeah, it’s really not that bad in a theoretical situation where everything is close to perfect. However DC in a practical situation is weak and needs a buff. Don’t say" let’s be real", and then throw out a bunch of numbers in a theoretical situation.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

I do miss my chill dmg just don’t feel right with out it on my reaper
I think the reaper just needs a huge buff to single target dmg with condi

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drakril.4058

Drakril.4058

Oh yeah, it’s really not that bad in a theoretical situation where everything is close to perfect. However DC in a practical situation is weak and needs a buff. Don’t say" let’s be real", and then throw out a bunch of numbers in a theoretical situation.

lets be real bro, DC is perfectly fine in the hands of a good Necro. It requires no change unless it applies a condition totally different from chill. Think application vs sustain, if i can apply 2 condies every time i chill and you can only remove 1 of them i still get to keep one (most likely bleeds since they get on the stack first for any condi necro build) now also through all the other procs for bleeds that Necros have and the bleed stacks keep rising. Every time i hit you theres 3-5 condies coming in. Fear=chill=bleed. Crits = bleed + weakness… the list goes on and on.
furthermore Chill is a “movement reduction” skill which a lot of classes (especially) thief have resistance too. So having a GM trait that is easily countered doesn’t make sense. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but i am totally happy watching my condies stack.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: LionChain.7694

LionChain.7694

I’d even like it if they changed Deathly Chill so that you apply bleed each time you struck a chilled foe as opposed to each app of chill.

Or if Deathly Chill and Chilling Victory swapped places and CV became a gm trait and DC became a master trait…then buff CV so that the might applied lasts longer and gives more life force per strike.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

It’s not a question of how many conditions that can be applied it’s simply that they do little damage until a certain amount of stacks is reached. Now you are stating that only 1 will be removed and the other will go on, …? So in any given situation whenever you facing a battle only 1 condition can be removed ? Is that it? My points are simple A) It doesn’t matter how many conditions are on if they do crap damage until they reach certain stack amount. There are situations / professions that will cleanse more then 1 condition, then its back to point A. But hey, have a ball watching your conditions stack up in theory. DC shouldn’t be overpowered again but a buff is needed to increase burst, sustain is worthless in a lot of pvp situations (cleanses, regens- heals, blocks, etc..). I would even be open to a change to where you get more stacks/ damage but sacrifice the movement debuff.

Deathly chill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Reh.5986

Reh.5986

You could hit someone with every chill/blind/fear skill on scepter/dagger, staff and shroud + shout elite. Without shroud 5/4 you just spammed all your skills (including stab and 1 condi transfer) for maybe 6 stacks of bleed via dc. Cooldowns make that impossible to maintain though.

You would also need everything traited and you would need to land it all through the blocks/evades/deflect/reflect/invuln/los/resistance/cleanse.

You could further use sigils and runes to try to get a bit more bleed but what you’re getting from dc is not a big deal against most builds.

Most of the time just hitting someone with burn from traited shroud 1 will get you more steady dmg. You’d have to go into melee anyway. If you manage to hit them 3 or 4 times they will melt like butter…along with everything else in cleave. Even better you can drop curses and chill on blind trait + pick up spite for traited might + use whatever sigils and runes you want.