Deatly Chill "buff"

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lynnie.7213

Lynnie.7213

Say what?!
Condi reapers are really starting to look nice, imo, better than power ones.
Suck it, Hollts!

D O N E E
Necromancer – Ranger WvW/Spvp/Pve/Build/Guide videos:
http://www.youtube.com/donee

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: CastIron.7364

CastIron.7364

Some napkin math at level 80:

At 0 condi damage: 202 now vs. 194/290 before
At 1000 condi damage: 501 now vs. 354/531 before
At 1300 condi damage: 591 now vs. 402/603 before

Formula used: condi dmg * 0,2992 + 201,76 rounded up.

Shaak ~
Played build right now: “Cele” Base Necro with Axe WvW Roaming
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Hmm not what I wanted to see =/

Chill not stacking intensity = not worth it, imo.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Good buff. I even took this trait as a power reaper due to the under 50% damage ticks. But now that it’ll tick that way all the time, unless they buff Blighter’s Boon again, I’m sticking with Deathly Chill.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Looks like a nice buff above 50% and about the same below 50%, maybe a slight nerf?

Can’t get in-game until tonight, i’ll confirm then.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Say what?!
Condi reapers are really starting to look nice, imo, better than power ones.
Suck it, Hollts!

I’ve been toying around with Condi Reaper and while I’m pretty sure Power Reaper is still better, I think Condi Reaper is definitively better at condi application than the base Necromancer. The extra damage condi is way more valuable for condi builds than anything in Death, Blood, or Spite, IMO.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

NEVER! I WILL CONTINUE POWER REAPING AND USING BLIGHTERS BOON

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

Blighter’s boon VS Deathly Chill … THE EPIC BATTLE!

D O N E E

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

tried condi builds and this new “buff” . Are u actually serious??? Power Reaper <3 ofc . And yes BB nerfed but still. Are u seriously call this a buff? LMAO

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: jief.2509

jief.2509

tried condi builds and this new “buff” . Are u actually serious??? Power Reaper <3 ofc . And yes BB nerfed but still. Are u seriously call this a buff? LMAO

Why would it not be a buff?

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

And then Reaper’s Onslaught and Death Magic Reaper’s just putting around in the background xD

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

I love to see this change. Something like this is exactly what I would have suggested.

Condi reaper ftw.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cecilia.5179

Cecilia.5179

This buff is awesome. I was already scary lol

Necromancer Rights Advocate
Restart WvW: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Clean-The-Slate/first#post6208959
#CleanTheSlate

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I was running a condi reaper using onslaught, but now I may start using deadly chill when not farming. Onslaught still wins out IMO when you are surrounded with trash, but this change makes it so you can actually pack a bit of a punch against some mobs.

Good change, and it makes deadly chill much more viable.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

And then Reaper’s Onslaught and Death Magic Reaper’s just putting around in the background xD

Hahahahhahh they are no match!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Hahahahhahh they are no match!

(Though, to be quite honest, DM Reaper’s a pretty sturdy themselves. I don’t think any Reaper is particularly squishy)

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

This was not a buff… I had ~719 damage for <50% and now it is a static 690 (without might or condi stacks). Considering more time is spent when the mob is <50% due to having to build up to your five chill stacks (and hoping others do not rip you off due to that still unfixed bug) you get about the same or less… my guess is they aimed for the same number as an average, which means less overall due to spending that time building up the chill stacks.

Once they take away the bug of only stacking five times and getting overwritten by allies chill… we can count this as a potential buff.

However, the good thing about this change is the chill damage actually shows up in tooltips on skills!

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

I’m not a fan of this honestly. Yes while it’s mathematically better, it lost the executioner theme. I think each condition should bring something unique in the way they damage. Now it’s just a simple damage tick with no thinking behind it.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

This was not a buff… I had ~719 damage for <50% and now it is a static 690 (without might or condi stacks). Considering more time is spent when the mob is <50% due to having to build up to your five chill stacks (and hoping others do not rip you off due to that still unfixed bug) you get about the same or less… my guess is they aimed for the same number as an average, which means less overall due to spending that time building up the chill stacks.

Once they take away the bug of only stacking five times and getting overwritten by allies chill… we can count this as a potential buff.

However, the good thing about this change is the chill damage actually shows up in tooltips on skills!

Huh? Why do you need to built up stacks? chill stacks in duration. I consider it as a major buff though. My chill reaper for pve in beta was most of the time >50% due to ramp up time condition and the finishing nature of the spite line. With the intoduction of viper you can get an easy uptime (well as long viper is being bugged, it is a bit more difficult) without spite so I’m a bit longer <50%.

EverythingOP

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

I’m not a fan of this honestly. Yes while it’s mathematically better, it lost the executioner theme. I think each condition should bring something unique in the way they damage. Now it’s just a simple damage tick with no thinking behind it.

yeah, executioner theme… . It is not that we don’t have enough of it with conditions ramping nature. On top of that we have spite which is even more execution added on top of it. Also terror’s bonus damage is so common that is basically a simple damage tick.

EverythingOP

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Nice patch! Maybe Deathly Chill will be useful, now.

I had given up hope on it after finding scepter bleeds and poisons were much more powerful.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Lynnie.7213

You realized it got compensated by the chill dmg >50% health, right? And i was talking of pvp/wvw point of view. Not pve wise. In pve reaper’s onslaught is superior most of times. At least it used to be. With these changes…i don’t know.

D O N E E

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cogbyrn.7283

Cogbyrn.7283

Someone posted a screenshot on the sPvP boards showing they were hit for 1500 by [Chilled]. Is it actually only about 700?

Alduin Nightsong, 80 Human Necro
“He’s like a man with a fork in a world of soup.”

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serious Thought.5394

Serious Thought.5394

I miss chill being an execute and gaining +50% damage when they were below 50%. Why did it leave?

Worst Thief in the world, yes I am.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Someone posted a screenshot on the sPvP boards showing they were hit for 1500 by [Chilled]. Is it actually only about 700?

Might be a bug somewhere. I didn’t notice such great ticks.

It could be the PvE/WvW wonderland though, where everything is possible.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pompeia.5483

Pompeia.5483

You realized it got compensated by the chill dmg >50% health, right? And i was talking of pvp/wvw point of view. Not pve wise. In pve reaper’s onslaught is superior most of times. At least it used to be. With these changes…i don’t know.

I could see Reapers Onslaught being okay for a power Reaper, but I specifically wanted, and run, a Chillomancer. I like having yet another source of condi damage to copy around with my Epidemic and then have even more targets for chilling nova to proc off of, spreading chill all the more. While, yes, it has that pesky ICD, more targets = more chances at a 50% crit-chance per target.

Given, I have yet to test this in game, it feels like the average between sub 50% and over 50% health damage with the same condi damage is equal or less than before. I could be wrong… I do not remember my over 50% damage on chill from before, only the 719 I had for sub 50%. I guess I could search for the ratio’s of what there was before this change but I feel the average was equal or less than the 690 I have now.
Okay… maybe it is a tiny buff of like 20 damage? 719 and w/e the low value was, averaged, is likely a little less than 690 I have now. Not a lot, but maybe enough to kill a mob a second sooner? I still do not see that as a buff though.

In regards to the stacking duration… I could have sworn it was a five-stack condition, not a duration stacker. That you applied your damage up to five times and any of those five stacks (or all) could be overwritten, at any time, by anyone’s non-damaging chill. Thus raising the stacking cap to 1500 like all other conditions that do damage would solve the whole problem.

If, however, it is a duration stacker and there is only one-stack… I hope Ireneo(sp?) has a fix for this because that virtually negates this as a damage source in any multi-reaper or even a party with other sources of chill… and that is super major sad

Amanda Corsiva – Revenant && Katereyna – Chillomancer
Jenna Gracen – Scrapper && Merit Sullivan – Guardian
Daenerys Ceridwen – Druid && Vexia Gracen – Chronomancer

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiva.9720

Shiva.9720

This is probably a buff when you consider sub-50% should in theory go by faster than above-50%; because below 50% we have do more damage.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

It’s a buff..I have about 2068 condi damage and It’s up to 822 or so from the previous 690-700ish. I’ve been messing around with it on my dire/rabid built necro and I really enjoy it for PvP purposes while doing some WvW roaming about, but for PvE might be a different story. I mean I have 6 ways to apply chill using scepter/dagger and staff, so seems pretty solid atm That is if you take chill applied on blinding.

(edited by Brighteluden.2974)

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balerios.3679

Balerios.3679

Yeah i better explain more . I mean yeah its a buff for the skill but its still bad and cant outdps pure power reaper . Necro still has weak condis ( bleed chill , some poison ) . Well ,pvp talking . Havent tried any condi build for pve . I still dont see any reason to give up BB and my pure dmg build to change to condi build and this “buff” . I dmg testing several times . Imo power reaper is still the best option to go pvp wise!

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Anyone running CtD and DC?

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

POWER NECROS……UNITE!

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anubris.8591

Anubris.8591

Cool. All the more reason to dump GS/Power builds for condi in pvp.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

this trait is meta for pve power reapers. (when might is covered)

(edited by Sublimatio.6981)

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

Good buff. I even took this trait as a power reaper due to the under 50% damage ticks. But now that it’ll tick that way all the time, unless they buff Blighter’s Boon again, I’m sticking with Deathly Chill.

You should use reaper’s onslaught since it’ll add more damage than deathly chill(unless you hit like a wet noodle right now)

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

Every death I had in sPvP against a Reaper had Chill as the biggest factor, with the right builds it just constantly pounds you down. Whoever is saying this is any sort of nerf should probably test it first.

Alright meow, where were we?

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dead.5829

Dead.5829

I’m seeing 900-1k ticks from this now (once might starts stacking up), which puts it almost on par with Terror, but for much longer duration.

(edited by Dead.5829)

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Yeah i better explain more . I mean yeah its a buff for the skill but its still bad and cant outdps pure power reaper . Necro still has weak condis ( bleed chill , some poison ) . Well ,pvp talking . Havent tried any condi build for pve . I still dont see any reason to give up BB and my pure dmg build to change to condi build and this “buff” . I dmg testing several times . Imo power reaper is still the best option to go pvp wise!

You better keep testing because from my testing condi is still superior for PvP that is not running in a Zerg while doing WvW but smaller scale fights. How do we have weak poison btw? We can apply 12 stacks in reaper, not including the burning from dhumfire and vulnerability. Now applying an additional 900-1k ticks of chill damage is just icing on the cake, not to mention our bleeds can ramp up there fine also.

(edited by Brighteluden.2974)

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I’m seeing 900-1k ticks from this now (once might starts stacking up), which puts it almost on par with Terror, but for much longer duration.

Exactly. Overbuffed imo.

Alright meow, where were we?

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pimsley.3681

Pimsley.3681

The chill buffs have been looking good in spvp. I run 3 necro builds in pvp now. Wish we had templates so I don’t have to use character slots. The two builds were cele signet and marauder reaper. Newest one is carrion deathly chill.

It’s not yet fully optimized because it’s something I quickly crafted but I’m pleased with its performance Qing Solo so far today.

Attachments:

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Pimsley.3681

Carrion amulet chill dmg from recent match

Attachments:

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

Exactly. Overbuffed imo.

Compared to other Necro GMs, maybe, but even with the buff, I’m still not putting out near the damage I do on, say, the bullkitten that is Dragonhunter right now.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vapour.7348

Vapour.7348

My chill damage in matches is very close to what Pimsley posted between 600-650/tick avg. It’s not bad but it’s also not DH material.

Mini Unagi – Iuther – Iiq – Trend – lancaster

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Dead.5829

Was chill damage always listed in the tooltips of spells that cause chill, because I just noticed that tonight.

Makes Spinal Shivers look even more disgusting than it is, and Focus look like a condi weapon.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Exactly. Overbuffed imo.

its not overbuffed, chill removal is much easier than other conditions, because many abilities and traits include removal of immobilize, chill and cripple or reducing their duration

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bacon.1835

Bacon.1835

I’d say this is a really COOL buff…

Somebody stop me

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

I’m not even sure if consider it a buff or a nerf. Now that damage is the same with every enemy’s health pool it deals more damage overall but less per tick.

Anyway I like this trait: along with Terror is nice, I’m using it in PvE in a Sinister build. Chill and Fear are awesome to decimate break bars.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: MelGT.8326

MelGT.8326

I’m not sure I follow the logic of people saying it’s a “nerf” if it does more when over 50% than it used to and about the same under 50% as it used to. If it did less in either scenario then sure. But nope.

It does make the idea of condition based Reaper a bit more interesting, but it also highlights how woefully bad Blighter’s Boon is right now. It’s barely even an option compared to this and Reaper’s Onslaught. That was a brutal nerf, go look it up to see what a real one looks like.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: zone.1073

zone.1073

Rabid amulet , undead rune, curses trait line: chill ticks for ~800 damage.

+25 might, +25 vulnerability on target: chill ticks for ~1100 damage.

It’s pretty decent, consistent damage. It’s good but doesn’t feel imbalanced.

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Pimsley.3681

I’d say this is a really COOL buff…

Somebody stop me

FREEZE don’t move

Deatly Chill "buff"

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

/fixing forum bug