Dec. 10th Balance Preview (Necromancer)

in Necromancer

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

I don’t think that the staff is so supportive. It has its regen on it and thats basically it. It should do AOE but lacks in physical. Its sad to see how damage is wasted. Its like having 5min bleeding on a foe which does 10000k damage and the creature has 1000k left so 9000 is wasted… Not to mention objects etc.

Why can’t players decide based on their equipment if they roll phys or condi?

I could create a staff with both damage multipliers e. g. 0,5 physicial and 0,85 condition. Those who choose berserker get the physical damage up and these folks who like condition use their set. If you mix it up you get it mixed.

And regarding to the don’t use mark of blood. Great suggestion. The damage is already pretty poor so there is nothing left…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Mark of Blood deals decent damage, but if you want the minions to die faster, just don’t use it. The lost damage should be made up for the more rapid death nova procs. A better idea is to use Mark of Blood before the minions close, then swap to your other weapon set. That way, you don’t have a dead skill.

Usually, though, the minions die fast enough for Mark of Blood to not change much. If they do stay up longer, it means they get another few hits in before going boom. More damage is more damage.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

raubvogel.5071

Does spite IX +30% minion damage work? The minion skills are not updated when selected… while VII +10% on marks are updating

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Does spite IX +30% minion damage work? The minion skills are not updated when selected… while VII +10% on marks are updating

Yes it does, tooltips on minions are complete kitten anyway, in many ways.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

On a related note, does it increase the damage dealt by Vampiric Master? We know it increases the damage dealt by Death Nova.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

On a related note, does it increase the damage dealt by Vampiric Master? We know it increases the damage dealt by Death Nova.

No. Training of the Master essentially increases all minion self-caused damage. That is, any damage that comes from their own skills directly. This means auto attacks, and their active skills.

However, Vampiric Master is not caused by the minions itself. It is similar to a spirit buff, it is an external effect applied on the minions that is proc’d by them dealing damage. But you are the source of that (which is why it scales with your power and healing power, not theirs), just like when they inflict a condition, it is actually you inflicting the condition through them, so it is your stats that matter, not theirs.

TL;DR No, TotM only works on the direct damage of their attacks and active skills, nothing else.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

TL;DR No, TotM only works on the direct damage of their attacks and active skills, nothing else.

And Death Nova. Given that both are traits that give new benefits to minions, I figured it was possible that it could work.

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

So finishing map completion then leaving for good it is.

I feel like anything after hitting lvl 80 is complete and utter horse sheet. It’s almost like there is 2 companies working on this game. A really talented and creative one was responsible for the core game, graphics, lore, exploration, 1-80 content.
And the other worthless, uninspired, kittenty one is responsible for the patches, endgame content and updates.

It’s mind-boggling how kittening amazing 1-80 content is, and how kittening unbelievably kittenty everything that comes after is.

This is why warhammer is dead. Awsome game, until end game. Then it blew. No endgame.

Got to say, because I run power axe necro, these “nerfs” do nothing to me. lolol. Love it!!. Buff to chill of death might make it useful.. maybe. So, lrn to play power necro and pvp!!

in Necromancer

raubvogel.5071

Mark of Blood deals decent damage, but if you want the minions to die faster, just don’t use it. The lost damage should be made up for the more rapid death nova procs. A better idea is to use Mark of Blood before the minions close, then swap to your other weapon set. That way, you don’t have a dead skill.

Usually, though, the minions die fast enough for Mark of Blood to not change much. If they do stay up longer, it means they get another few hits in before going boom. More damage is more damage.

I don’t think it does decent damage. What it does is applying regeneration in a superior way but who benefits from it? Minions, other players and yourself. Who benefits from it the most time. If you play allone: your minions and you. If you play in group with melee professions: those who are in melee. So how often are we necromancer in melee with a staff?

And here is why i think that the damage is not decent. Let’s assume you play with carrion and your mark of blood does 200 physical 2000 bleeding to five foes in 8s. Those 2k damage are one and a half hits of an axe warrior AA on 3 targets so the axe warrior will kill much faster.

As a necromancer you activate a lots of skills while having a rather slow okay poor kill speed. I would not have a problem with condition damage if the kill speed was a bit closer to warrior or guardian. But instead you launch this and that and you won’t get really further. I mean i bomb my minions for 800 and everything is so slow for the things i’ve pressed. It’s annoying and frustrating. Whats the point in applying and applying bleeding, poison for 10k damage if you have to wait 15s for that while the creature has 1k left and dies with a single hit. Having 9k wasted. So in my opinion the condition damage in general should be higher on a lower time frame. This should also fix reaching the maximum of stacks.

instead of:
200 physical and 2000 bleeding on 8s
something like this
200 physical and 2000 bleeding on 2s (How long does a melee take for that damage?)

That would be cool. Okay if you like to see a foe suffering over time and you don’t care about efficiency then probably not.

I’m switching to elementalist. Hope that is more rewarding.

(edited by raubvogel.5071)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

And Death Nova. Given that both are traits that give new benefits to minions, I figured it was possible that it could work.

I’d assume that the game “considers” Death Nova to be damage minions directly cause, but yeah I forgot to list that it works on Death Nova too.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ethereal.6752

Ethereal.6752

WvW perspective.

Mark of Blood. Removed 1 bleed in PvP only.
Signet of Spite: Removed one bleed.

Removing bleeds seem unnecessary, since condition removal is so high in group situations, and this would only further promote power builds.

Spite 15 – Death into Life. Increased conversion from 5% to 7%

This is more of a weak gesture than a change, 2% is such a minute difference. (wright idea though)

Spite X – Chill of Death. Increased trigger threshold from 25% to 50%

really like this change.

Curses IV – Weakening Shroud. Increase recharge from 15 to 25.

Again only goes further to promote power builds if you nerf the condition damage in spite and cross compatibility of the trees, also seems unneeded.

Curses VIII – Banshee’s Wail. Increase cooldown reduction from 15% to 20%.

May be more inclined to use warhorn because of this, however mentaining the 15% durations and making it a tier 1 adept trait would have been better.

DEATH MAGIC

Death 5 – Reanimator. Decreased cooldown from 30s to 15s.
Honestly i think the CD should be even lower, its not like its not all ready caped by the fact you have to kill someone, maybe if you capped the number of jagged horror’s then after that point they explode. Then youd have a trait that ment something at the minute nobody cares for it.

Death VIII – Reaper’s Protection. Decreased the cooldown from 90s to 60s.
Death 25 – Deadly Strength. Increased conversion from 5% to 10%.

Nice ideas, but the minor trait protaction of the horde needs to be compltely changed if you want to see more alternative builds using death magic, as it stand it has by far the worst passive traits, that only lend themselves to minion necros that people dont use in WvW.

So for example a realistic build (not minion) would be to go for both staff mastery and greater marks. Now the passives are almost completely wasted if im playing a power build.

Blood Magic 25 – Blood to Power. Decreased health threshold from 90% to 75%. Increase Power from 90 to 120.

Nice idea like it.

Nobody loses life force from it diminishing over time, so this seems irelivant in WvW, people lose life force from rawe damage. If you want to improve life force susatain this trait needs to be looked at again. Id be inclined to say a damage reducation but fear this may be too strong.

Extra.

I honestly think a slight inscrease to the duration of foot in the grave is needed say from 3 to 5 seconds. This would not only make it more viable but also improve some of our movement issues in large scale combat, without ground closers. We can be one of most tanky light armor class but we cant use this to our advantage if we cant move for knock backs in a group fight.

Will the targeting on dark path ever be revised? it misses so much.
It’s really poor and yes you can hit with it if you make a strong conscious decision and time it, but as far as impulsive game play or an emergency button to escape an area its useless.

Axe cleave, seen a few people make posts regarding this and really do think its a good idea we have no aoe power focused weapons.

(edited by Ethereal.6752)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

In most fights my opponent is capable of getting away from me, so is it my fault if the enemie dies because he did not used his class advantage?

I’m really tired of people running away tbh. If Anet is trying to take down our burst, then they better do something about making true their claims about Necro being a hard class to escape from. Right now we aren’t even close to that and the condi burst is the only small hope to bring them down before the run.

Today a warrior ran away from me about 5 times in WvW, and tried to reengage with stun chain combo each time, he finally either got tired of the yo-yo game or made a mistake, because I finally took him down with a good corrupt and signet combo, but still its absolutely ridiculous how everyone else gets to pick their fights with us, try over and over, then just run away when they screw up. If we screw up one time, we are dead, there is no escaping, short of a cliff being around with Spectral Walk up.

Warrior mobility is way over the top. I feel sorry for warriors in certain circumstances where they need help, but their sustain and mobility is far too high to support having the highest defense and vitality.

There is no amount of buffing they can make that will allow us to keep warriors in a fight against us if they want to leave. With the freebie stability proc on interrupt/fear, stability on shouts, blocks…. you are not keeping them stationary.

While I don’t mind thieves getting away as that is their class MO, warriors are completely pointless to even fight if they are running Greatsword and don’t want to fight. I would imagine they will see the same treatment RTL eles got eventually.

Holy kitten I’d love to have stability when using shouts! In all honesty though I agree with you, and I main a warrior and ranger for the most part. Speaking for wvw only as I don’t play Spvp much / at all, the biggest problem I have with warrior mobility (even as a fellow warrior myself) is the 40% negative condition duration food. All other movement / condition cleansing abilities warriors have have to be traited / runed for, so they’re giving up trait / rune space just to be able to do that. It’s mostly the food that irks the hell out of me. Same goes for the 40% increased condition food, but that’s a different story.

in Necromancer

Posted by: amiavamp.9785

amiavamp.9785

I think I’ve gathered enough key points from this thread and others that I would love to see addressed:

Things that MUST be addressed

Do SOMETHING with Dhuumfire

• It requires no skill to use and is the current source of the stream of nerfs sent to necromancers
  • Nerfing other abilities like bleeds only further encourages using the current “overpowered” build with Dhuumfire and Terror, leading to more and more nerfs in an endless cycle
  • It is useless in group PvE because of the way burning stacks (or rather, doesn’t stack)
  • Burning does not fit with profession aesthetic
    Suggestions:
  • Move both Dhuumfire and Terror to Curses Grandmaster trait
  • Remove Dhuumfire and replace it with something else
  • Change Dhuumfire to another condition like torment

Change necromancer condition builds from burst-reliant to attrition-reliant

• Necromancer is apparently supposed to be an attrition class that whittles down opponents slowly
  • Necromancer currently LACKS sustain ALMOST ENTIRELY, relies on BURST (!!!); squishier professions have more sustain, while necromancer simply relies on starting with more health!
  • Condition bomb is current main way to kill opponent; nearly impossible to “whittle down” opponent due to others having more sustain and having bleed stacks cleansed off entirely
  • Only current sustain comes from life force generation (mostly in power builds) and heal ability (slot 6)

Allow healing and/or lifesteal while in Death Shroud

• Necromancer sustain is supposed to come from lifesteal and Death Shroud
  • Lifesteal and Death Shroud actively cancel each other out
  • Having contradictory traits like Transfusion is embarrassing
  • Necromancer cannot be healed by teammates while in Death Shroud; this is combined with necromancer being the easiest profession to gang up on

Things that would be nice to see addressed

Add purpose to the axe

• Necromancer doesn’t have a proper area damage power weapon (leads to lack of damage in WvW zerging)
  • Perhaps add a cleave to Axe 1 and/or Axe 2
  • Perhaps add a blast finisher to Axe 3
  • Perhaps redesign one or more of the axe abilities

Improve lifesteal

• Lifesteal does a paltry amount of healing in most cases
  • Spending points in Blood Magic for lifesteal is not particularly rewarding
  • Lifesteal scales very poorly, and again, is canceled out entirely by the main profession mechanic (Death Shroud)

Add a form of active defense

• Death Shroud, basic dodges, and kiting are the only ways for necromancer to avoid damage (kiting is useless outside solo PvE)
  • No defense against 1-hit KOs
  • No vigor (yet there is Mark of Evasion…)
  • Limited access to stability (tied to overloaded Death Shroud cooldown and elite abilities with long cooldowns that require you to transform)
  • Little ability to escape being ganged up on (combined with being unable to heal in Death Shroud)

Reduce the reliance on autoattack

• Dagger power build relies on autoattack for max DPS
  • Death Shroud power build relies on Life Blast autoattack for max DPS
  • Lich Form relies on autoattack for max DPS
  • Plague relies on autoattack to function

Fix Spectral Grasp so that it doesn’t miss all the time

• Potentially a very powerful ability
  • Misses on flat ground, misses when pulling enemies from walls, sometimes sends itself to the moon for no reason

Add more support utility to the necromancer

• Necromancer is a “selfish” profession
  • Little to offer to group
  • No reflects
  • No water or fire fields
  • No boon stacking
  • No unique buffs
  • No stealth
  • Few heals
  • Annoys teammates in PvE with fear
  • Vulnerability stacking on lengthy cooldown and requires proper bounces; useful vulnerability stacking trait (Death Shiver) unusable for most builds
  • “Healing build” awkward to use, not effective (I have in fact tried one in both PvE and WvW using apothecary)
  • Damage/survivability are not enough to compensate for lack of utility

Flesh out a type of conditionmancer that focuses on non-damaging conditions

• Useful as a “support” character in PvP
  • Designed for group combat
  • Weakens enemies with chill, weakness, vulnerability, etc.

Fix/change/remove/replace/destroy minor traits

• Some minor traits basically pointless; increasing numbers does not help
  • Reanimator almost universally reviled
  • Pale in comparison to minor traits of other professions

(edited by amiavamp.9785)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You missed out siphoned power. Thats up there with reanimator for bad minors. Other than that, pretty good summary.

Oh and lack of finishers on weapons or non minion skills (mainly blast finishers).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think the above sums up all of the problems with the necro very well. And ironically, none of those issues are addressed in this upcoming update. This annoys me a lot, they keep giving our class none-fixes. They switch some numbers around, fiddle with some cooldowns, or remove a bleed somewhere. But they don’t fix anything about our class.

Also something that could be added to that list: Change Defiant/Unshakeable so our control skills actually pull some weight in PVE.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I think the above sums up all of the problems with the necro very well. And ironically, none of those issues are addressed in this upcoming update. This annoys me a lot, they keep giving our class none-fixes. They switch some numbers around, fiddle with some cooldowns, or remove a bleed somewhere. But they don’t fix anything about our class.

Also something that could be added to that list: Change Defiant/Unshakeable so our control skills actually pull some weight in PVE.

They have stated a few times that the biggest problem with Necros are that we have, well really big problems. Our problems aren’t simple number fixes like other classes. What does that mean? It takes 10x more resources for them to fix one of our issues, than it does to fix an issue for someone else, because instead of just, say, changing a small mechanic to help fix the issue (like they did for Ranger spirits), that doesn’t work for us (Dhuumfire). They need to completely axe the problem-causing things, then completely make a brand new mechanic to replace it. That involves coding, testing, idea iteration, blah blah blah. It all translates to a lot of time and other resources, which for us translates to: It’s going to take a while.

They’ve stated that Death Magic needs help. They know Blood Magic needs help. They know we have a lot of sucky traits. They are aware of a lot of our issues. The problem is all of these issues aren’t just “X is a little too weak, let’s bump up its strength by 5%”, its an issue of “X mechanic is badly implemented at its core, we need to completely remake it”. Death Magic can’t be fixed without adding at least 4+ new traits, and reworking others. Blood Magic can’t be fixed while Vampiric/Vampiric Precision work as they do. Dhuumfire can’t be fixed as is.

If you love the Necromancer class, you just need to realize that it will be a very long process for us to see these issues fixed.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Thats exactly why im only expecting anything to be really improved when we get new utility skills. For now I will mostly be sticking to other classes in pve.

Having said that. Vampiric signet potentially is something in the right direction. Its a decent concept which isnt selfish for once. And I can already think of some ridiculously powerful burst combos using it if it doesnt have an icd on the active.

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Thats exactly why im only expecting anything to be really improved when we get new utility skills. For now I will mostly be sticking to other classes in pve.

Having said that. Vampiric signet potentially is something in the right direction. Its a decent concept which isnt selfish for once. And I can already think of some ridiculously powerful burst combos using it if it doesnt have an icd on the active.

Honestly, even the passive is pretty good. I have 200 Healing Power because I like well cooldown reduction and the in-game tooltip for me shows I’m healing 304 every time I get hit with that signet equipped. That’s pretty significant damage reduction. Consider that a Guardian with Signet of Judgement needs to be hit for 3k (pre-signet) to get the same reduction. This is before factoring in the 324 damage that my attacker takes (with only 1116 power).

The active being 516 damage and 541 healing per hit is pretty potent in many situations. That’s an additional 4,644 armor-ignoring damage on Dagger 2 (assuming no ICD).

I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

The scaling on the healing is a lot too, at least for the active. Mine was reading for nearly 700 in sPvP.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

The thing is these changes arent really relevent. Necro, in pvp, is pigeon holed into condition specs. Power specs will never be good because the necro will always be too squishy to survive without blocks, vigor, many blinds and light armour.

And the patch is bringing a no icd condition immunity for a class with the highest burst in the game. So there really is no hope for necros after the patch from a pvp perspective. Necros are already not really used at the top level because of some very hard counters. Throwing in another one will just lead to necros being comfortably the most unplayable class.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

The scaling on the healing is a lot too, at least for the active. Mine was reading for nearly 700 in sPvP.

It is just the active.

The passive scaled about 30 points up with 1000 healing power. The active was something like 160.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

I started to play spectral grasp and i think in WvW it need to be more permissive, when i try to bring back an opponent, a small rock or even minion/pet/guard or he jump and it fail.

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

They have stated a few times that the biggest problem with Necros are that we have, well really big problems. Our problems aren’t simple number fixes like other classes. What does that mean? It takes 10x more resources for them to fix one of our issues, than it does to fix an issue for someone else, because instead of just, say, changing a small mechanic to help fix the issue (like they did for Ranger spirits), that doesn’t work for us (Dhuumfire). They need to completely axe the problem-causing things, then completely make a brand new mechanic to replace it. That involves coding, testing, idea iteration, blah blah blah. It all translates to a lot of time and other resources, which for us translates to: It’s going to take a while.

You are absolutely right. Some really big changes would be needed to actually fix the necro. However, I don’t think all fixes to the necro would require a lot of time and resources. Would it really be so much work to add a Cleave to the axe for necros? Or to bring back our DS’ ability to take spike damage? Or to simply get rid of Reanimator?

There are some huge problems with the necro in PVE, and any nerf that is applied to our class specifically with PVP in mind, has a disastrous effect on the PVE side of our class. We’re already in a bad spot, so further nerfs, even if they are only intended for PVP, destroy our PVE effectiveness even further.

That is why I think a lot of necro players roll their eyes at these number changes. Almost every balance patch seems to be done with only pvp in mind. Does PVE not matter to the devs? Are they not aware that dungeon parties are specifically stating that they don’t want any necros in their party? This isn’t just happening because these parties are made by jerks. There are good reasons to discriminate against necromancers in PVE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Condi meta has been over for months (if it ever excisted outside of the forum) and people still complain about dhuumfire after it got nerfed to bits?

Guys if you want to complain about something take a closer look at guardian meditation and burning.. now there is a “dhuumfire” you will love to hate ^^

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Are they not aware that dungeon parties are specifically stating that they don’t want any necros in their party? This isn’t just happening because these parties are made by jerks. There are good reasons to discriminate against necromancers in PVE.

This is what happens when you play “non-meta” classes.
This happens when you play the meta.
Need i say anything else?

ps: All the players are beyond the average pug, so the first one not even as bad as it could be.

in Necromancer

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Condi meta has been over for months (if it ever excisted outside of the forum) and people still complain about dhuumfire after it got nerfed to bits?

People are not complaining about Dhuumfire, they are complaining about the nerfs that are being applied to other skills and traits because of Dhuumfire being so unbalanced. Dhuumfire introduced a ton of problems to balancing the necro class, and instead of nerfing or removing Dhuumfire, the devs weaken other parts of our class that were fine before.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I’d love to see a dev comment on this.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

You are absolutely right. Some really big changes would be needed to actually fix the necro. However, I don’t think all fixes to the necro would require a lot of time and resources. Would it really be so much work to add a Cleave to the axe for necros? Or to bring back our DS’ ability to take spike damage? Or to simply get rid of Reanimator?

There are some huge problems with the necro in PVE, and any nerf that is applied to our class specifically with PVP in mind, has a disastrous effect on the PVE side of our class. We’re already in a bad spot, so further nerfs, even if they are only intended for PVP, destroy our PVE effectiveness even further.

That is why I think a lot of necro players roll their eyes at these number changes. Almost every balance patch seems to be done with only pvp in mind. Does PVE not matter to the devs? Are they not aware that dungeon parties are specifically stating that they don’t want any necros in their party? This isn’t just happening because these parties are made by jerks. There are good reasons to discriminate against necromancers in PVE.

Devs don’t care about PvE or WvW class balance.

All the attention is on the PvP forum where people just constantly whine and post nerf xxx threads instead of learning how to counter something…

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Devs don’t care about PvE or WvW class balance.

All the attention is on the PvP forum where people just constantly whine and post nerf xxx threads instead of learning how to counter something…

If you think about it thats not a stupid thing. WvW is az unbalanced mess, the only thing that really matter for the individiual is mobility. Which we dont have and wont have. End of story.

PvE can be balanced by encounters. Which still dont happens. And with the 24/7 warrior favoritism (admit it, its true in PvE), gimmicky mechanics of guardians and mesmers it wont happen soon.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nebiros.4801

Nebiros.4801

I have said it before and ill say it again the cheers for the necro was way to small vs the crying from other classes. When they continue to nerf and “adjust” the necro they only anger a few compared to the amount of people who play guards and warriors. Please necros stay alive and slowly dot your foe down while they are doing 10k+ damage with every hit and stunning you. It honestly is laughable to see how they try to make the nerfs look like they are only helping necros. Johnny if I make you dribble with only 1 hand in the years ahead of you you will be a way better basketball player if I ever let you use 2 hands.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I love how their nerfing Condi necro’s in pvp, but not WvW…

Yes let’s just allow a class to be able to be just as tanky as a Warrior, have a crap ton of HP, then Deathshroud, then pop on every single condi in the game in mere seconds, really lame to go up against a condi necro, knowing the application and reapplication of condi’s is constant.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Yes let’s just allow a class to be able to be just as tanky as a Warrior, have a crap ton of HP, then Deathshroud, then pop on every single condi in the game in mere seconds, really lame to go up against a condi necro, knowing the application and reapplication of condi’s is constant.

Then unlike on a warrior, you use a daze followed by stun or root and kill the person~

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Then unlike on a warrior, you use a daze followed by stun or root and kill the person~

Or you could, you know, run away?
We can’t catch you. We can’t catch anyone except other Necros.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Uhhh… i ment that the warrior dazes then stuns and kills the person…
Also i can very well catch a ranger, some bad mesmers and most warriors… the last one i wouldnt do because i dont like being a ping pong ball but i can~ DP+DP+hydro sigil+CB.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Uhhh… i ment that the warrior dazes then stuns and kills the person…
Also i can very well catch a ranger, some bad mesmers and most warriors… the last one i wouldnt do because i dont like being a ping pong ball but i can~ DP+DP+hydro sigil+CB.

I wasn’t responding to you, I was adding to what you said. :/
If Odokuro, or anyone else really, has a difficult time fighting Necros, just don’t. We have a very difficult time catching people, and definitely cannot keep up.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Meh, I told ALL OF THIS more than 10 months ago, but the fashion at that time was saying “Stop crying about Necromancer, ANET gonna fix it!” and calling people arguing like we were doing “cryiers”, “QQers”, etc.

Now I see a lot of these people which defended ANET strictly arguing EXACTLY what I was arguing that time…

People, wake up, let’s leave this knowledge to the next generation Necromancers, stop buying gems, stop wasting time playing with an half working tool.

http://www.arena.net/

*GAME INNOVATION.
*gamers have purchased over 3 million copies of Guild Wars 2 since launch, and the press has repeatedly called it the best MMO of 2012.

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Necromancer:
For the necromancer, we felt that a few traits and skills were too powerful, while others were lacking in efficacy. We brought down some of the raw DPS conditions that necromancer enjoys, while also maintaining their pressure and sustain elements. The necromancer’s mobility will remain where it is currently, as we want the Necromancers to be focused on sustaining themselves through death shroud, siphoning health, and slowing down their opponent’s ability to act.

Source: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview/first#post3133116

in other words:
you like powermancer? cool story bro, here’s a condition nerf.
:/

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

@Luke, GW2 is definitely one of the best MMOs to be released recently, if you look at the game as a whole.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

• Burning does not fit with profession aesthetic

Meh, balance is more important than theme by a million fold.

Burst damage is the only thing that brought Necro to relevance, and once its gone, with no clear idea of return, or Anet refusing to give the kind of return necessary, the class is likely to sink right back to the bottom of desirability, where it was for months.

This is a fast paced combat game, while the design for Necro is based on a slow paced combat approach that simply never worked.

Cooldowns in this game are too short for attrition based offense to work. If conditions deal damage slowly you cannot overpower competent cleansing builds and you never break through over that wall of sustain that other classes have to kill in fast enough time before you yourself are killed.

The only sustain that works in GW2 is defensive sustain, which is based on healing, regeneration and excessive boon reapplication, especially Vigor and Stability, to reduce or avoid incoming burst, and which Anet refuses to give this class.

Nerf our burst, and we will be right back to a broken incongruent class design. Unless Anet changes their hardlines about what we can have on defense.