Decimate Defenses Bug?

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vydahr.4285

Vydahr.4285

Has anyone else noticed in PvE when there are full stacks of vuln on a target but not all are yours, you just don’t crit as much as you should? For instance, I notice this most on larger targets with more players fighting it when I’m in shroud, because I should crit 100% of the time with DD and DP, but it doesn’t show any crits, even in the combat logs.

Anyone else encounter this?

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xecil.2798

Xecil.2798

It wouldn’t be called Necromancer if it didn’t have any bugs.

Edit: Try it again and double check if you are affected by Weakness. It removes your ability to crit entirely.

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

this should be very easy to test on a pvp golem by dagger auto attacking without traits or armor except reaper on a target that has 25 stacks vuln from only other players. if you crit like 50% of the time it works if u only crit like 4% of the time its bugged...

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

this should be very easy to test on a pvp golem by dagger auto attacking without traits or armor except reaper on a target that has 25 stacks vuln from only other players. if you crit like 50% of the time it works if u only crit like 4% of the time its bugged…

Or go the opposite way and make your Crit chance 100% including Decimate Defenses, and if you don’t Crit then something is wrong.

Alright meow, where were we?

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

And I was wondering why the hell don’t I critically hit often even with full zerker gear while using this trait and with 25 vul stacks on bosses

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: CCLegion.5936

CCLegion.5936

Just tested it in the HoM on the invincible target golem. Guildmate on his ele helped me. If it is indeed bugged, it’s a bit more difficult than that because it worked perfectly fine for us. Using Berserker amulet with pack runes, which gives base 52.8% crit%. Lightning Storm+dagger water auto to keep up vuln while I autoattacked the golem with my dagger. Crits on every strike until vuln dropped off.

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Audit.6759

Audit.6759

And I was wondering why the hell don’t I critically hit often even with full zerker gear while using this trait and with 25 vul stacks on bosses

Outside of RS, DD plus full zerker will only be around 80-90% crit depending on gear.

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Outside of RS, DD plus full zerker will only be around 80-90% crit depending on gear.

I have over 50% crit in full zerker, before fury or food/utility buffs. As long as the vuln stacks stay capped, I have 100% crit all the time.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Just to clarify, I’ve only ever seen this happen in PvE. In PvP things just happen too fast to notice anything like that. The most recent example was on a Breacher in Verdant Brink

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

one IMPORTANT thing you need to consider in pve situations that the OP described is that when you are fighting mobs above level 80 ,eg when an open world event is scaling because there are many players, your crit chance is lower against these targets so you need more than 100% crit chance to crit them 100% of the time. also as it was already said check if u had weakness

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

one IMPORTANT thing you need to consider in pve situations that the OP described is that when you are fighting mobs above level 80 ,eg when an open world event is scaling because there are many players, your crit chance is lower against these targets so you need more than 100% crit chance to crit them 100% of the time. also as it was already said check if u had weakness

Did not realize it lowers your crit chance against upscaled enemies like that. Thanks for the information

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

What Goldenrevolver said.

Lupicus requires about 105% crit chance to get perma crit because hes lvl 82. Maybe its higher. I dont know what the formula is above 80 anymore since they changed the base precision.

And this further adds to the decision ive always made about valk gear. Its pointless and bad. :P

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Vydahr.4285

Lupicus requires about 105% crit chance to get perma crit because hes lvl 82. Maybe its higher. I dont know what the formula is above 80 anymore since they changed the base precision.

And this further adds to the decision ive always made about valk gear. Its pointless and bad. :P

You must hate Soldier then :p

Drahvienn
Sylvari Power Reaper

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: xavios.3601

xavios.3601

Go and say that in WvW when you cant take more than 2 auto attack rotations from a Revanant before your DS/RS goes down, and then youre stuck without most of your CC options, outside of minions or traits. Yes, WvW is not SW or HoT zones, but its not pointless. It just has very few uses (at least that i personally have found).

Anyways, i havent had any issues with DD. I have 56% crit in exotic zerker/ascended zerker rings/ascended marauder GS. I do a few runs of SW here and there, and when a mob has 25 vuln stacks, i always crit. Best SW boss to test this on is the beekeeper during VW. He doesnt move much, so you can get a good sample size of attacks to see that you should never not crit.

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah i wasnt talking about WvW.

And of course you wont see the issue as much. You just stated your base crit with gear is 56%.

56+50 = 106%. So you will probably only see rare issues on lvl 83/84 mobs.

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: xavios.3601

xavios.3601

And of course you wont see the issue as much. You just stated your base crit with gear is 56%.

Pretty sure SW VW bosses are all 84. Never see a non crit, probably because maintaining 25 vuln on beekeeper is easier than easy should be. :P

Decimate Defenses Bug?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Pretty sure SW VW bosses are all 84. Never see a non crit, probably because maintaining 25 vuln on beekeeper is easier than easy should be. :P

Maintaining 25 vuln anywhere in pve is easier than it should be. I think the only classes that can’t effortlessly maintain 15-25 stacks of vuln are mesmer, guardian, and some ele specs. I really wish it were harder, so keeping up vuln would be as valuable and desired as keeping up party might.