Decimate Defenses?

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Johannes.4638

Johannes.4638

Could someone enlighten me on Decimate Defenses. I get that it will increase my critical chance upon striking a foe with vulnerability, however I just do not feel it. Unlike other skills and traits that increase my power, critical chance, or toughness, I have no way of being sure that the trait is actually working they way it says it should be.

When testing it out and viewing the hero panel, nothing changes and it does not feel like I’m critically hitting any more than usual despite the 25 stacks of vulnerability. Other possibility is that I’m just inept as my friend would put it Thanks in advance for help.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It seemed to work for me, but yes it isn’t the easiest thing to notice, seeing as it varies a lot.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Misguided.5139

Misguided.5139

Put on Valkyrie gear or something without any precision. Your crit rate at level 80 would be 4%, so it should be pretty obvious against an enemy with a bunch of vulnerability stacks.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Johannes.4638

Yep, tried that. I used Soldier gear…Cavaliers…everything I could that did not have precision and I just did not feel or see and difference.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

unequip your precision gear. take the standard build spite/soulreaping/reaper: take rending shroud, unyielding blast, vital persistence, death perception and decimate defenses (the rest doesnt matter). and reapershroud autoattack a golem until youre at 25 vuln (should not take long) and watch if u see a hit thats not critical. congratz u have 4% crit chance but always crit. it works perfectly (not like reapers onslaught)

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Johannes.4638

OK, solid advice. I was getting critical hits. I guess next question would be, what is the math behind this skill?? Like what would be the Crit chance at 25 stacks?? I’m terrible at math and would probably muck it up by carrying the wrong two or adding a zebra where I shouldn’t. Also, does the crit “stack” have the same durations of the vulnerability at the point when the foe is struck? At what rate does the “stack” deteriorate? Is there a chance we may see some icon in the future a la Vampiric Aura that affirms that this trait is in fact working?

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

2% crit chance per vuln stack x25= 50% crit chance at 25 stacks its not a stack. it just increases the crit chance value when attacking an enemy with vuln by the amount of vuln they have at the time u attack times two. so if an enemy has 3 stacks vuln and u have 0% bonus crit chance u have 4% base crit chance (every class always has 4% base at level 80) + 6% from the trait=10% chance to crit the opponent. its a really strong trait so i dont expect it will see any changes. in pve its basically a 50% crit chance increase. u cant show an icon for it because the crit chance modifier is specific for every enemy u hit and changes all the time.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Goldenrevolver.4371)

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

Decimate Defenses
Striking a foe with vulnerability increases your critical hit chance.
Critical Chance.png Critical Chance per Stack: 2%

Does excatly what is stated in the tooltip. Each stack of Vulnerability raises you crit chance by 2% so full stack of 25 Vulnerability raises your crit chance by 50%.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: AegisFLCL.7623

AegisFLCL.7623

Decimate Defenses, Valkyrie gear, and the 50% crit trait while in shroud makes you hit so hard with the constant might/vuln stacking it’s INCREDIBLY strong.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Yeah, and also you won’t see a crit chance increase in your stats screen, your crit chance is only being increased against targets based on how much cup they have, so if one target has 25 vul and another target had 10 vul, you’ll have 50% chance to crit against one and 20% against the other.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

This talent is working well. Glad some things on Reaper are!

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Johannes.4638

Awesome. Just want to mention a couple things:

1. thank you all much for the help, was very nice and appreciated.

2. I wish there was a better way for this to be known and/or visualized rather than blind faith that it is working (devs….looking at you GG over all, solid effort)

3. Doesn’t it feel nice to have responses to threads that aren’t just complaints and negative waves, rehashing known problems? I am proud of you all for your generosity and positive attitude.

Id like to finish this off with a small team exercise, I want everyone to put their hands in and on 3 lets give it a big Go Team !! 1…2…3 GO TEAM! Woo!

cya all on the field

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Awesome. Just want to mention a couple things:

1. thank you all much for the help, was very nice and appreciated.

2. I wish there was a better way for this to be known and/or visualized rather than blind faith that it is working (devs….looking at you GG over all, solid effort)

3. Doesn’t it feel nice to have responses to threads that aren’t just complaints and negative waves, rehashing known problems? I am proud of you all for your generosity and positive attitude.

Id like to finish this off with a small team exercise, I want everyone to put their hands in and on 3 lets give it a big Go Team !! 1…2…3 GO TEAM! Woo!

cya all on the field

….you ruined it….you ruined it and I’m leaving

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Decimate Defenses?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

one tip for you if you run spite take vulnerability from chills (3 stacks from chill) and when you land reaper shroud n5 use n2 charge to get chill aura…….you will stack 25 vulne stacks in no time ;-)