Delicious Delicious Lifeforce - A proposed change to Deathshroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

Was pondering over different ideas on how to change deathshroud to better benefit the 2 builds it is currently lacking in: Conditionmancer and MinionMaster.

Proposal:
Give lifeshroud an alternate keypress ( Alt+F1 or w/e) When the keypress is held down the necromancer slowly depletes the bar. Per the amount drained utility ability cooldowns are reduced by a certain amount.

So if you had your fleshgolem on cooldown you could essentially eat some of your own lifeshroud to reduce the cooldown on it by a small amount. Or if you needed to pop another quick blood is power or something you could eat that lifeforce up and get it up a little sooner.

This would enable both conditionmancers and minionmasters who do not readily use deathshroud as much to benefit from actively using it now. It might also push power builds that do use it to make more complicated decisions now during fights on whether or not to use the lifeshroud to reduce cooldowns or to use it to go into deathshroud.

Anyhow always appreciate comments, questions, thoughts, and flames. =)
Madame Moorshade Teknomancer.

(edited by Teknomancer.8475)

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

Junk idea is junk i guess.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Conditionmancers need a better way to build life force along with conditions :P. I cant remember which forum post it was but it had some good ideas about lifeforce and using it with minions, ill see if I can find it but its still only a idea.

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I think bleed ticks you put on people should add LF. It makes sense from a concept perspective and it would greatly help condition mancers. You’d have to find the right balance amount.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Adrenry.3801

Adrenry.3801

I like youre idea, I was thinking something along a similar line where you could go into death shroud and use a big chunk of life force to do a special attack or boon for those situations where being in DS isnt an advantage but you have full life force sitting there. Using it to lower cooldowns would also be a good use of life force imo.

in Necromancer

Posted by: bubba.4692

bubba.4692

Pretty good idea. I think would also be good is another skill that would require a full LF bar and would summon a demon or something…I can’t really think on how to help CM though.

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

Cerulean Moth,
It is really strange that you mention the idea of lifeforce gain on bleed ticks. When I first started my necro that was exactly how I thought lifeforce worked lol. I was , for some weird reason, under the impression that lifeforce was added in small amounts at the end of every damage I did to my target.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Inee.5371

Inee.5371

mabye each bleeding should have a chance equal your crit chance to generate 1% life force?
this would help the conditionmancer with poor stat scaling too.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnitter.9857

Schnitter.9857

I think it would resolve the current situation, but if Gluttony was working and if it had synergy with Reaper Precision, we would have 33% to receive 6% of LF at Critical Hits, probably would help the condition specs a lot. Course, its just theorycrafting, since we dont know even if these traits would work in synergy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Gaining LF more efficiently with condition builds is moot as long as DS is lackluster for the build as well.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Ok I disagree Seras. I run a hybrid build (1790 power, 1550 percision, 1300 toughness/vitality) and with full bloodlust I have over 3k attack (45% crit, 45% crit dmg), 2.3k armor, with 1200 condition damage = 103 dmg per tick. If I got a small percentage of life force off condition damage I deal, I would be MUCH tougher to bring down. Way tougher, so that I would even sacrifice more abiltiies to increase condition damage. As a hybrid you can get decent crits (Staff 4 2k, Life blase 3-4k, DS 4 – 4-5k, axe 2 4-5k) and im still dropping bleeds from scepter. Hell I have critted on scepter for 1k (3 attack on scepter does more damage) after getting vulnerabilty on targets.

You add LF gain from condition damage, and I would jump for joy. Hugely. YOu add a small condition dmg to Life blast (DS 1) and I would go nuts and never leave my necro.

I use DS a lot on the hybrid build, which equates to 20/30/0/0/20 – gives DS a lot of utility. Love to pop into DS when a thief is coming at me, and watch him drop my DS health down, while taking a good amount of damage from retaliation. Yes my DS gets erased but man, seeing a rogue go half health from his Steal-cloak/dagger-backstab combo hit (or pistol whip depending on the thief) and the proceed to burn him down when he cant stealth. mostly they will switch to shortbow and shadowshot out until their skills regen, which time your health regens.

(edited by Gryph.8237)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

just a random idea but i dont play necro very often but it seems like MMs and condition damage necros get the short end of the stick with death shroud so what about someghing like “you use 50% of the death shroud charge to summon a plague minnion of your choice when hit said minion explodes doing an AoE condition of your choice” conditions could include say poison chilled or bleeding and take up f2-f4 slots?

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

just a random idea but i dont play necro very often but it seems like MMs and condition damage necros get the short end of the stick with death shroud so what about someghing like “you use 50% of the death shroud charge to summon a plague minnion of your choice when hit said minion explodes doing an AoE condition of your choice” conditions could include say poison chilled or bleeding and take up f2-f4 slots?

It is an interesting idea, but then again you have to deal with bugged Ai on the pets (that sometimes sit there and look stupid while im being beat on. Is that minion watching me and eating pop corn? WTF)

One huge solution for DS would be to simply allow DS 1 to be altered by the weapon equipped. SO if I had a scepter equipped, I would continue to add conditions with my DS 1 attack; or if i had an axe 1 equipped, I would continue to add vulnerability; etc, etc.

DS for conditionmancers is less useful because it’s hard to generate life force, and you watch your conditions go away if you’re not continuing to stack them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

I just hope that Barbed Precision Curse Trait and Sigil of Earth works on Deathshroud, and specially to Life Transfer

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

Proposal:
Give lifeshroud an alternate keypress ( Alt+F1 or w/e) When the keypress is held down the necromancer slowly depletes the bar. Per the amount drained utility ability cooldowns are reduced by a certain amount.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Schnitter.9857

Schnitter.9857

Ok I disagree Seras. I run a hybrid build (1790 power, 1550 percision, 1300 toughness/vitality) and with full bloodlust I have over 3k attack (45% crit, 45% crit dmg), 2.3k armor, with 1200 condition damage = 103 dmg per tick. If I got a small percentage of life force off condition damage I deal, I would be MUCH tougher to bring down. Way tougher, so that I would even sacrifice more abiltiies to increase condition damage. As a hybrid you can get decent crits (Staff 4 2k, Life blase 3-4k, DS 4 – 4-5k, axe 2 4-5k) and im still dropping bleeds from scepter. Hell I have critted on scepter for 1k (3 attack on scepter does more damage) after getting vulnerabilty on targets.

You add LF gain from condition damage, and I would jump for joy. Hugely. YOu add a small condition dmg to Life blast (DS 1) and I would go nuts and never leave my necro.

I use DS a lot on the hybrid build, which equates to 20/30/0/0/20 – gives DS a lot of utility. Love to pop into DS when a thief is coming at me, and watch him drop my DS health down, while taking a good amount of damage from retaliation. Yes my DS gets erased but man, seeing a rogue go half health from his Steal-cloak/dagger-backstab combo hit (or pistol whip depending on the thief) and the proceed to burn him down when he cant stealth. mostly they will switch to shortbow and shadowshot out until their skills regen, which time your health regens.

Yeah, but you only can achieve this in PvE/WvW. Try to do this in sPvP and see how far of this you will be. Besides, the game skills, etc are not balanced byt PvE/WvW (I hope ppl understand this, cus i dont wanna explain…).

@Avalanzhe
They work. For several times I used Life Transfer after 2nd DS Skill to maintain the Bleed stacks.