Destroying LF generation at gamestart

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nacht Fuchs.3762

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Need less to say.

Let me work with something balance team… please. If intended this was a plain nerf to necros!

(edited by Nacht Fuchs.3762)

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Use minions. Is there another forum for non English speaking individuals?

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

That’s what he’s talking about. Apparently you can’t kill minions at the start anymore.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

It sucks, BUT, it gives anet a change to improve things.

Maybe they re-balance the profession so it is not as dependent on Life Force, or maybe Life Force should always start at 20% when you rezz/spawn.

Either way, let’s just hope Necro gets looked at

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Fuchs, just follow my lead and uninstall.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Maybe they re-balance the profession so it is not as dependent on Life Force, or maybe Life Force should always start at 20% when you rezz/spawn.

Ha, sorry but I highly doubt it. The most anet has done for us is allow us to perform actions in deathshroud, and they still haven’t fixed minions dying when you go down or change level if you have flesh of the master, plus minions not attacking (granted, the last is an ai bug which could screw up the whole game if not handled delicately). Life siphons are still pitiful, dhuumfire got walled off behind life blast, and to help our sustain, they added one second to SoV active and shave 10 seconds off of spectral armor’s cool down.

Long story short, I don’t look to get much if anything from a-net regarding necros other than marginal buffs, and bug fixes that only hurt us.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

(edited by TheLastNobody.8319)

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Fuchs, just follow my lead and uninstall.

But man, the LS updates you miss out on :O

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serdoc.7261

Serdoc.7261

Ha, sorry but I highly doubt it. The most anet has done for us is allow us to perform actions in deathshroud, and they still haven’t fixed minions dying when you go down or change level if you have flesh of the master, plus minions not attacking (granted, the last is an ai bug which could screw up the whole game if not handled delicately). Life siphons are still pitiful, dhuumfire got walled off behind life blast, and to help our sustain, they added one second to SoV active and shave 10 seconds off of spectral armor’s cool down.

Long story short, I don’t look to u to get much if anything from a-net regarding necros other than marginal buffs, and bug fixes that only hurt us.

So negative :P

I’m not sure, can you, umm…. do that again? ROM – 2015
#allisvain

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Yes…I used to be positive, and then the September Feature Pack struck.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

So I’m totally on board with the whole healing in deathshroud thing now….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

To be quite honest, it’s not the end of the line, at least for condition Necromancer. You can live with it if you rotate properly and avoid getting focused too much.

Power is heavily wounded.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

I was actually thinking the opposite, since the new no more re entering death shroud upon letting it manually exit I almost never find I’m lacking in ds on power builds while condi builds still suffer from poor lf regen. So that extra but of lf at the beginning really helped.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I was actually thinking the opposite, since the new no more re entering death shroud upon letting it manually exit I almost never find I’m lacking in ds on power builds while condi builds still suffer from poor lf regen. So that extra but of lf at the beginning really helped.

I guess it depends on your playstyle.

I tend to play very agressive, quick power builds and when I’m playing Terror condi my gameplay shifts to very steady fighting, when I use staff a lot and FoC after Dark Paths etc.

Maybe it’s because I’ve been playing glassy, quick power build almost exclusively for over 1 year and to do anything I had to learn how to balance between shroud and health….

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

The power builds I play are also glassy, still have a much easier time building lf on them… but I almost always have staff and soul marks on a power build.

in Necromancer

Nacht Fuchs.3762

Thank you for your heart warming reply to my totally legit post!

Regarding the latest nerf’s (unintentional or intentional) to necro i am expecting that the necro community will bring this topic to the balance team asap.
I am playing with different very competitive teams and it is clear that necro needs love!
This it the time to make necro what it should be by design.

Cheers,
Fuchs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

I think its a bigger nerf than the dhuumfire change to be honest. No spike at the start of the game and sometimes you will never get life force the whole game. Necro is a snowball class.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

Thank you for your heart warming reply to my totally legit post!

Regarding the latest nerf’s (unintentional or intentional) to necro i am expecting that the necro community will bring this topic to the balance team asap.
I am playing with different very competitive teams and it is clear that necro needs love!
This it the time to make necro what it should be by design.

Cheers,
Fuchs

Excuse my ignorance I had no idea the new patch did this as you were on the first to notice, and I was genuinely curious about non english forum.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

I have added spectral attunement to my build – use spectral walk in the start of team fight rush into center of action get beat up a bit and port back out – lots of LF

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I suspect most necros will be voting for Khylo from now on.
Next patch: life force generation on boxes is no longer possible.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Don’t jinx it mate :/

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Don’t jinx it mate :/

Don’t be silly. They can’t stop us from getting life force from the windows and treb

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

well we probably shouldn’t get lifeforce from inanimate objects NERF INCOMING!

in Necromancer

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Meh, stealing lifeforce away from sentient beings is already too confusing… Time to remove Lifeforce gain everywhere

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

in Necromancer

NeXeD.3042

fixed a bug with necros that allowed them access to a second lifebar.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

:( < at everything Anet does for us necro’s… except interact in DS, that was really nice to finally have

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

fixed a bug with necros that allowed them access to a second lifebar.

Wouldn’t be surprised if this actually happened -_-

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Necromancer

leman.7682

Solution: place 2 little white bugs in both bases so that they can be killed before the match starts.

Ohh, and Anet, by ‘bugs’ I mean creatures, not your usual bugs.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dark FQ.1038

Dark FQ.1038

I suspect most necros will be voting for Khylo from now on.
Next patch: life force generation on boxes is no longer possible.

Flow you spoiled it

Dark Fq (Desolation and Gandara)all classes condi. http://www.youtube.com/user/FQDark

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

I vote Khylo for other reasons.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

in Necromancer

Posted by: MethaneGas.8357

MethaneGas.8357

-Fixed a bug which made Necros playable.
All good now. We’re back on track. We don’t want those kitteners doing sPvP, keep em in PvE. Oh… wait.
Just kidding. Really though… one Necro managed to get into a top team / team that gets a lot of coverage and all of the sudden bam, nerf. So what do we have so far….“Unintended function” 1, bam, nerf. “unintended” function 2", bam, nerf. , 3 nerf, 4 nerf, 5 nerf and 6 nerf. Please, moar!

Honestly, this was either
a) an accidental nerf or
b) We will be getting some sort of sustain buff soon
because if it’s not a, and it’s not b… then… it’s … c?
A Necro right now: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbduucjZIk1qjnnc9o1_250.gif
Anet: http://i.imgur.com/7gkCf4E.gif

Solution: place 2 little white bugs in both bases so that they can be killed before the match starts.

Ohh, and Anet, by ‘bugs’ I mean creatures, not your usual bugs.

This can be a good fix in my opinion. The only problem with this is that the ambients would give you up to 13% life force per creature. So that’s 26% from the two ambients. Then if if you used your staff it would be another potential 8.8% (4.4% + 4.4%). So you’d get a nice 34.8% life force just from the two ambients. I don’t object to that at all, but it would be more than what we had with the minion sacrifice. If you used Spectral Grasp (if it workes on ambients?) that’s 16.5% life force (or 22% with Spectral Attunement)… which adds up to……… 17.4% (staff auto: 4.4% with gluttony, 13% from death because of gluttony and death magic minor) from one ambient, 13%+16.5% from the other… 47% life force or 52.4% with Spectral Attunement. So if it worked with Spectral Grasp… that would be pretty huge. Not that you’d be taking Spectral Grasp, but anyway.
….Having only one ambient would give us up to 17.4% (staff auto, Gluttony trait, Death magic minor) up to 39.4% (spectral grasp, gluttony, spectral attunement) which imo is nice too and could possibly work, maybe. But did we REALLY have such HUGEEEE, OVERWHELMING life force regen that the little trick had to be removed? -_-

Edited because I forgot the death magic minor (20% more life force from deaths which added an additional 2% life force regen from each ambient).

Necro, Ele, Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior, DR[OHai]
YouTube Channel

(edited by MethaneGas.8357)

in Necromancer

Posted by: unlucky.9285

unlucky.9285

Long story short, I don’t look to u to get much if anything from a-net regarding necros other than marginal buffs, and bug fixes that only hurt us.

negative but true =\

in Necromancer

Posted by: Infect.2738

Infect.2738

I literally was about to post that i am surprised no one complained about this yet….but then i found this thread haha. We will be fine though guys. I promise.

edit- though id still be willing to trade some stuff for better lifeforce generation tools.

Zombify – 2013 PAX NA and 2014 NA All-Star Necro
Stream- http://www.twitch.tv/thezombify
Twitter- @ZombifyGW2

in Necromancer

Nacht Fuchs.3762

I literally was about to post that i am surprised no one complained about this yet….but then i found this thread haha. We will be fine though guys. I promise.

edit- though id still be willing to trade some stuff for better lifeforce generation tools.

Unless you have some magic prediction powers, i don’t believe we will be fine.

Indeed i think that noone who aims for top competitiveness will take a necro over any other class in his roster. Not in this state of balance atleast.

I agree that the 0 lifeforce start is fine if we will be compensated by better overall LF generation or by regen etc. working in DS.

BTW sorry for being off topic here. I believe the skill Unholy Feast of axe is bugged and does not remove a boon. When you fix this skill anet make it that not only the boon is removed but that the necro recieves every removed boon from this skill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I dont believe any class should have to go through so much trouble just to use their class mechanic.

And they certainly shouldnt be punished further for using it (no heals).

in Necromancer

leman.7682

Guys, I can tell you for a fact, that all this (combined with over 2 years of necro’s total relative uselessness in PvE) is a preparation before the expansion when necro’s going to get all-new goodies and become competitve in all the game modes. Trust me.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

We need another 5 years before that though.

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

Bookmark this:

Anet will nerf us in secret again. They will act all clever about giving us 20% LF at the start of the game and people will stop complaining. This is still a nerf though as previously we got 39% life force. So they SHOULD give us that if its not a nerf. They won’t though :P

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

Bookmark this:

Anet will nerf us in secret again. They will act all clever about giving us 20% LF at the start of the game and people will stop complaining. This is still a nerf though as previously we got 39% life force. So they SHOULD give us that if its not a nerf. They won’t though :P

It should be 20% ON RESPAWN , like we were saying for last years.

If its that much on every respawn, its more than worth it over 30-39% just on start. Remeber we want balanced games with some comeback potential, not unstopable snowballs.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Lordrosicky.5813

Bookmark this:

It should be 20% ON RESPAWN , like we were saying for last years.

If its that much on every respawn, its more than worth it over 30-39% just on start. Remeber we want balanced games with some comeback potential, not unstopable snowballs.

Then it would need to be 30% every respawn as 20% every respawn is a pretty huge nerf based on the fact it is common to spawn with way way more LF than that.