Devs Q about minions Al on HoT

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Q:

We need a developers confirmation about whether the minions AI will be fixed on HoT release. I heard that there will be general AI changes on the release ,but what about the minions one ?
Minions AI issues >>
- They don’t always attack our target.
- They don’t switch targets when we do.
- They don’t quit combat when we do.
- They shouldn’t attack unless we do even if they were hit. ( This issue forces us to enter combat mode when we don’t want to )

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

A:

All of these issues are fixed , hail Anet !
We are meta now

guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyth.3492

Nyth.3492

+1

I understand you can never get AI to be great. But it would be nice to know if they at least tried to fix some issues.
Pathing issues and stuff are issues I know you’ll never be able to fully solve (although they should be minimal in sPvP !); but I would like it if minions were at least a bit more responsive.
If minions would just attack, then I’d already be semi-satisfied. And it would at least make minion builds more viable.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Let’s keep bumping the topic till we get a dev’s reply.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dakunaito.9602

Dakunaito.9602

after 3 years nothings been done about minions bugs. if they’re not gonna fix the bugs, why don’t remove them and put something more useful that is not bugged? they know how to add drawbacks in our skill etc, but can’t fix the minions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gerrark.9870

Gerrark.9870

I must admit that while the minion bugs don’t affect me too personally since I don’t care for the builds, that’d probably be a lot different if said bugs didn’t exist. So some confirmation that something will be done about them would be nice.

Not only that, but I’m really worried about how one of the newly changed reaper shouts seems to rely on the minions it generates attacking before you can get the true bonus from it. With minions acting how they do now that makes me afraid that shout will just be worthless, and that’s no fun.

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

Are there other minions AI issues ?
Is there any answer from the developers ?

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

With respect, you’re asking the wrong question.

It follows that if the devs were capable of fixing this, they would. Furthermore, it follows that if the minion behaviour was reliable and explainable, then they would explain it.

Given that neither of the above have happened, we must move to the third and final option; the skills must be redesigned to take into account the poor pathing and logic.

What this means is unclear, but it is the only remaining option.

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square

in Necromancer

The Demonic Spirit.3157

in Necromancer

Posted by: SupahSpankeh.8452

SupahSpankeh.8452

Huh. Guess the addition of forge pets finally motivated ANet.

AFTER THREE KITTENING YEARS

Mad Skullz | 80 Necro | Piken Square