Devs and their Degenerating Fetish..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

Needs to stop…

Why they think adding degeneration Allways to necros Only existing Defenses ?

Shroud has it we fixed it with Traits somewhat……
then they nerfed those traits to oblivion
now we have Barriers and they degenerate 50000000000x faster….. and it even has a freaken CAP looooooool
why it needs to degenerate when it has a kitten CAP on it ???
you can even realy Spam those barriers we barely even can reach the cap lol

These stuff are necros ONLY defenses… Atleast Make it actualy freaken powerfull it soppused to replace 4+ defense mechanics for crying out loud….

give me ONE GOOD reason WHY our defenses NEED to Degenerate ????

WHY ?!!!!

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

(edited by Zoltreez.6435)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mastamaker.2957

Mastamaker.2957

So you can’t walk around with maximum shields all the time by spamming abilities

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

So you can’t walk around with maximum shields all the time by spamming abilities

they degen in combat….

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Make it degen out of combat. No degen in combat.

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Make it degen out of combat. No degen in combat.

agree it should be a shield while in combat aka better shroud

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wintermute.5408

Wintermute.5408

Why not though?

Welcome to Rivendell, mister Anderson

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

tested barrier is worst defense for a necro than death shroud… new spec condi is really good so one trick pony
on spvp you will die even faster

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

tested barrier is worst defense for a necro than death shroud… new spec condi is really good so one trick pony

not having this problem at all. been winning 1v2 all day. the condi burst is real.

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

not having this problem at all. been winning 1v2 all day. the condi burst is real.

I’m winning 2 but not because my def the condi spam is op way off the charts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

whats so bad defensively? we have the best condi cleanse we’ve ever had, with path of corruption F2 becomes OP.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

whats so bad defensively? we have the best condi cleanse we’ve ever had, with path of corruption F2 becomes OP.

This guy. How are you doing against spellbreaker and holosmith? Since you think good condi cleanse sets the bar for how a profession ranks in pvp.

Also, this isn’t just about PvP. Necro has always been middle of the road in PvP. Most of the necros screaming in here, are because Necros have been given the shaft in every other aspect of this game out outside of WvW/PvP since this game has been released. Let me know how great self condi cleanse gets you in a raid group.

Psst…

It won’t.

Do us all a favor and sit down. This isn’t about you part time Necro PvPrs. This beta is also being used to show what the profession can do. It’s clear. This profession is going to suck ass in PvE. Let me remind you, PvE is over 50% of this game. So don’t think, “they’re good in PvP so they’re good for everything” is a valid argument.

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zoltreez.6435

Zoltreez.6435

and ? why not ? as the only existing necro defense ?

a 15k shield is not actualy ground breaking when people can melt 20k HP players in seconds….

-Stellaris
-Total War: Warhammer
-Guild Wars 2

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

" It’s clear. This profession is going to suck ass in PvE."

Do us a favor and sit down, part time PvEers might not enjoy it but for the rest of us, it’s great.

Superb, competitive damage coupled with good support, exactly what necro needed.

Scourge is okay in PvP, where it shines is PvE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

Do us a favor and sit down, part time PvEers might not enjoy it but for the rest of us, it’s great.

Superb, competitive damage coupled with good support, exactly what necro needed.

What kittening support? A fast degenerating barrier? Jebus christ…

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

in Necromancer

Brokensunday.4098

Barrier decay so fast is not even support

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well, Zefiris don’t seem to get why the scourge will suck in PvE raids. Just a bit more and I could picture him saying that crippling bosses reduce their movement speed. In PvE, at least, barrier need to not degenerate or degen at the speed that shroud decay to be of some use as support.

The “Superb, competitive damage coupled with good support” especially make me laugh.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Scourge will melt trash mobs like there’s no tomorrow. The problem is that its damage output is limited by life force so if things aren’t dying, the damage drops off quick.

Scourge has high burst, but I don’t think its long-term DPS will actually be that high.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Scourge will melt trash mobs like there’s no tomorrow. The problem is that its damage output is limited by life force so if things aren’t dying, the damage drops off quick.

Scourge has high burst, but I don’t think its long-term DPS will actually be that high.

This may actually be the key to DPS as scourge. We do not actually HAVE to use scepter on both weapon sets. What if we use Daggers? Shade damage seems vastly superior to scepter damage, and this could ensure we can keep doing so.

Well, Zefiris don’t seem to get why the scourge will suck in PvE raids.

Oh, I sure get the spec. The issue is that you do not seem to be able to – you keep whining about Barrier (while using it wrong), and keep failing to notice the rest of the spec. It’s almost cute.

(edited by Zefiris.8297)

in Necromancer

Posted by: InkTide.1908

InkTide.1908

I’d appreciate if you told us what magical method of ‘using it right’ will make barrier a viable support option. Did you forget that evades exist? Invulnerability? Aegis and blocks? Straight healing that gives you more HP outright and only decays with damage?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

I’d appreciate if you told us what magical method of ‘using it right’ will make barrier a viable support option. Did you forget that evades exist? Invulnerability? Aegis and blocks? Straight healing that gives you more HP outright and only decays with damage?

Probably ether by spamming the barrier skills to prevent the decay (which we actually can do for a short time but i would consider stupid) or by using the skills at the right time (which is doable with the f skills but i dont think that would work reliable with our other barrier skills especially against other players).

For other e-specs that also have barriers (e.g. weaver) i imagne it will be far more annoying then with our e-spec.

Ether way i dont really like the current barrier implementation, if it stays this way i probably will pass on the scourge.