Devs are talking pets in Ranger forum

in Necromancer

Posted by: Azlidax.9753

Azlidax.9753

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It is interesting, and in this case I will forgive you for drawing the parallel between minions and pets

I think they will give AR to all pets/summons, it just makes sense to. Beyond that, who knows.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: striker.3704

striker.3704

I doubt they would give the pet commands to all pet users. It’s the ranger’s class mechanic. Though it would be cool if they made it so extra F skills are added per minion (f2-f5 added per minion utility and are their active skills, the regular 6-9 are simply the summon skills) however that really steps on the engineer’s toes.

D/S/R necromancer F/A/T elementalist
S/I/F engineer Z/R/D guard

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

They have a pretty great dialog with their Ranger representative. I’m jealous. Would love to see that type of open dialog for the necro

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

From what I read, that is just some guy that happens to play ranger, he is not an official rep. Devs have posted here before, it instantly backfires on them.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Robert Hrouda took a shot at trying to interact with ranger community and I admire that attempt.

He just plays a ranger and designs dungeons which combined allow him to provide suggestions to improve the profession during balance meetings he attends. I even asked if necro has such an enthusiast, but I don’t think so.

Oh well, being happy for ranger players, rangers are insanely fun.

Leman

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

They have a pretty great dialog with their Ranger representative. I’m jealous. Would love to see that type of open dialog for the necro

Oh wow. You were not in the ranger forum for the last two months.

Whether or not the dialogue was good / on par or whatever then, the crying was insane. It reminded me of a stage the necro forums went through.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: HannaDeFreitas.4236

HannaDeFreitas.4236

Minions are getting agony resist, yay!

Hopefully we can get them to dodge boss oneshots too (i.e. trait that gives minions aegis when you dodge).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Minions are getting agony resist, yay!

Hopefully we can get them to dodge boss oneshots too (i.e. trait that gives minions aegis when you dodge).

I would not bank on aegis. As a MM, I would abuse that so often against other players in pvp. Remember Minions can be used as shields. So someone targets me I run behind minion minion gets hit I don’t. Add aegis to that and it’s a block so no one takes damage.

Not saying it isn’t a good idea just that it could be easily abused.

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

The biggest problem with the minion AI is how unresponsive the minions are, especially the melee minions like bone minions. Yesterday I tried a MM build. I start hitting a yak at around 6:00 with a scepter at close range. The minions did not attack the yak. At 5:40 (20 seconds later) the minions are still not hitting the yak. By the time they finally start hitting it was like 5:30, 30 seconds after the start of a fight.

This is the first time I tried MM after the update, which made the minion less aggressive. It is worst than before. It was so bad that I switch back to my old build soon after.

It was already tough enough to fight against foes. I don’t want to be fighting a broken AI too.

Attachments:

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

CHIPS, I will run minions with you in a pve event and teach you how easy it is. 30 seconds of non-attack is virtually impossible unless you only use aoe abilites, never use your auto attack twice in a row and absolutely never use their abilities.

The longest I have ever had a minion not named Flesh Golem wait to attack is 4 seconds. and that is the shadow fiend. BTW, in your pictures your Blood fiend is attacking.

in Necromancer

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Meh, either make the skills start recharging on summon, or have them regen out of combat. Having them not regen and the recharge start on death just adds insult to injury. Oh and please please please copy the bit of code from mesmer that makes the illusion run at the target before going poof and attach it to the bone minions. Maybe also grab that bit of code that allow the engineer to pack up turrets with the F key for shorter cooldown and apply it to the bone wurm.

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

CHIPS, I will run minions with you in a pve event and teach you how easy it is. 30 seconds of non-attack is virtually impossible unless you only use aoe abilites, never use your auto attack twice in a row and absolutely never use their abilities.

The longest I have ever had a minion not named Flesh Golem wait to attack is 4 seconds. and that is the shadow fiend. BTW, in your pictures your Blood fiend is attacking.

I used my scepter auto attack. My bone minions did not attack at all. Look at the clock in the pictures and that’s 15 seconds right there. In reality its more like 30 seconds.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xynn.2748

Xynn.2748

Hrouda is a content designer. PS it’s nice to know that necros rank somewhere lower than pets.

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Hrouda is a content designer. PS it’s nice to know that necros rank somewhere lower than pets.

Maybe they don’t comment on necro’s because we have more clearheaded players (CHIPS exlcuded :P). I do wonder if we have ever had a moderater comment how often we would pepper him with questions.

Hmmm, what would be really cool is if I could get even a design guy onto the But of Corpse podcast haha!

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

As I always say, everything starts with an enthusiast inside the studio (like Robert) who pushes the cause of some particular part of the game (in this case – the ranger).

How I see it – necros just don’t have that person and so there is truly no one to get the profession to be interesting and cool like others.

I may be horribly wrong, but that’s just how it looks and always did.

Leman

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

I have a ranger at lvl 20, and played a ranger all through beta. They are in probably the worst place overall for any class. They are limited to 2 builds in pvp to be even remotely competitve, and a single build in pve. Their dps pets die faster than our minions, and everytime they use the f1/f3 button they lose dps.

They can’t really use the most iconic weapon they have in the LB because if you are closer than 1000 it’s damage is worse than everything that isn’t axe. I am glad they finally have someone helping them out.

in Necromancer

CHIPS.6018

Maybe they don’t comment on necro’s because we have more clearheaded players (CHIPS exlcuded :P). I do wonder if we have ever had a moderater comment how often we would pepper him with questions.

Hmmm, what would be really cool is if I could get even a design guy onto the But of Corpse podcast haha!

Noooooo I am clear headed!!!! >_<

Trust me those bone minions didn’t attack, and it isn’t the first time. Sure there are cases where it would attack in a few seconds. But other times it would be like what I posted, just stand around and do nothing for 15 seconds+. It just seems random.

When I start my autoattack animation, the minions should already be attacking. There shouldn’t be any lag at all.

(edited by CHIPS.6018)

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

It isn’t random, I’ve done hours and hours of testing to see that. The reason they don’t attack on first auto attack is because of pulling, I imagine. You wouldn’t want to try to pull a mob only to have all your minions charge directly at him.

My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Noooooo I am clear headed!!!! >_<

Trust me those bone minions didn’t attack, and it isn’t the first time. Sure there are cases where it would attack in a few seconds. But other times it would be like what I posted, just stand around and do nothing for 15 seconds+. It just seems random.

When I start my autoattack animation, the minions should already be attacking. There shouldn’t be any lag at all.

CHiPs I put the little tongue in cheek icon there for a reason.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

As I always say, everything starts with an enthusiast inside the studio (like Robert) who pushes the cause of some particular part of the game (in this case – the ranger).

How I see it – necros just don’t have that person and so there is truly no one to get the profession to be interesting and cool like others.

I may be horribly wrong, but that’s just how it looks and always did.

The Ranger forum was on the point of exploding, they were promised fixes months ago that never came and no one from Anet ever commented since then. IMO, that dev was designated to post there because the situation was getting out of hand, it was getting worse every patch.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -