Dhuumfire Build: What do you think

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I am having a lot of fun with this build clearing dungeons and soloing a lot of HP for lolz:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7kZTodTscTw4Gg/Gs8LYxJxo4UkKL8FGWQJtAwHA-TlSEQBBSJYCV6JsnAQ2M9Ei9HCo6PS4gAgMlBxT3AAuAAkCIwlVA-w

This build basically tries to stay in shroud 100% of the time while dealing damage through Dhuumfire (I like condi more) and is overall a standard build that focuses on survival and lifeforce generation as soon as you drop shorud.

I am new to necro so this might be the general concept of any reaper build these days. however I have not seen it really combined with dhuumfire and the dumplings that give might without an internal CD.

i also picked decimate defense because this build stacks vurnability extremely fast pushin me close to 100% crit chance. which means i get a lot more boons from my food then from chilling victory.

Adding in warhorn and axe is for extreme lifeforce reg so I enter it at 100% all the time even against one opponent.

this built can avoid the natural shroud decay against multiple opponents.

So what do you think?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

People typically run Lingering Curse for its scepter duration base increase. Bleed stacking dwarfs Necromancer’s other conditions in overall dps.

To take advantage of LC, though, means dropping one of your other trait lines.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7khGobTscTw4GgeTs8LYQJtAwHgKL8FGWxJxn4VE-TViAQBR7JAAQdDBc/B0Z+Biq/AgLAAkUCyhDCAGV+RKAYWWB-w

Auto attack in shroud while on staff
Runes can be changed to whatever you like but Balthazar runes are a waste compared to one sigil of smoldering

The might on crit food is redundant with spite.
Remove spite if someone around you gives might

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Asmodal.6489

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmWD7khGobTscTw4GgeTs8LYQJtAwHgKL8FGWxJxn4VE-TViAQBR7JAAQdDBc/B0Z+Biq/AgLAAkUCyhDCAGV+RKAYWWB-w

Auto attack in shroud while on staff
Runes can be changed to whatever you like but Balthazar runes are a waste compared to one sigil of smoldering

The might on crit food is redundant with spite.
Remove spite if someone around you gives might

I understand your suggestions but it takes me to far away from my build idea without really gaining that much of a dps boost.

reason is that the might on crit food is not redundant. I do realize that I go over the 25 stacks in seconds. Its for blighters boon. The balthazar runes close the gap caused by my food choice. A smoldering sigil in addition slows the might generation down thus you will drop out of shroud earlier.

but you gave me sone stiff to think about.

thnak you.

in Necromancer

Asmodal.6489

People typically run Lingering Curse for its scepter duration base increase. Bleed stacking dwarfs Necromancer’s other conditions in overall dps.

To take advantage of LC, though, means dropping one of your other trait lines.

yeah but I did not want to go the common curses/reaper/soul reaping path. I do feelt it is as much fun. I need to reach like 30-35 bleedstacks to go above this builds dps – which is quite easily possible but takes a while.

thanks for your input

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fenris Amarok.4052

Fenris Amarok.4052

Just as another take on the dhuumfire build, I use trailblazers armor and weapons, with a great sword (for funz) and dagger warhorn for lf generaton, along with augury of death, the heal shout and rise. These together give me a heal every 12 seconds that regens lf and cuts my damage received in half. Using Balthazar and smoldering/bursting, and pizza and utility consumables, I maintain around 7000 dps while being tankier than a nomad guardian. I personally don’t like the scepter as it requires you to stay out of shroud and generates lf so much slower than dagger warhorn and say, spectral armor.