Dhuumfire Doesn't Even Belong

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I’ve seen the recent arguments in regards to nerfing Dhuumfire or Terror, but let me put it in a different light from the perspective of a power/tank Necro. Dhuumfire really doesn’t fit the form or function of the Spite line. While the line certainly possesses increased condition duration, should this necessarily be directed strictly at damaging conditions? There are a wide variety of conditions and only a few do any damage. Why should one of the two grandmaster traits be so narrow in scope, especially when it triggers off a crit, a stat not even present in the Spite line. It almost feels like a dev with a soft spot for Curses added this trait simply to supplement the Curse line, rather than actually bother to flesh out Spite as it’s own independent and uniquely functioning trait line.

Would it not be more appropriate to slot some sort of control-condition focused trait instead? Perhaps revolving around Vulnerability or Chill? We have a number of traits and skills that can apply both of these conditions, but no interesting mechanic to really play off of them. I would urge Anet to re-examine this trait.

In summary:

-Dhuumfire procs off crits, but there is no crit in Spite.
-Dhuumfire only benefits very specific builds- Curses and Deathly Perception, the former much more than anything else.
-Dhuumfire doesn’t at all fit the thematic of the Spite line. Chill and Vulnerability are both common Necromancer conditions, why not design a trait to play off one of these that would benefit power, condi, tank, and support builds?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Because they want Necro to work so bad without actually doing the legwork that they pigeonholed the profession into a cookie cutter condition build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Bumping for great justice!

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I didn’t really read al of this, but the fire doesn’t belong at all, I did however hear they were considering making that trait stacks of Torment instead. I’d love that. Feeds more into the roles, we wouldn’t have burning, condition stacking would be a little less ridiculous. Could be fun.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)