Dhuumfire- Transfer condis

in Necromancer

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

What if Dhuumfire also gave the ability to transfer condis at enemy with Life blast? One condi per a blast. There would be a cool down for Reaper specialization.

It will synergize with Unholy Martyr, Plague signet. MoC also might be an attractive trait.

It can stand equally compared Foot in the grave for condi necromancers and give them both a good and equal choice.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Putting a condi transfer on a AA is kinda broken. Plus necros have already a very good amount of condi transfer/cleanse. I think that is not the best way to fix Dhuumfire.
This being said, Dhuumfire is actually fairly decent with the reaper thanks to the attack speed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

They just need to globally reduce the cast speed of LB to more closely match Reaper speed and give LB a baseline pierce of 3 and change unyielding blast to:

Shroud 1 skills apply 2 stacks of Vulnerability. Increases the number of targets hit with Shroud 1 skills to 5.

Easy peasy, everybody happier.

Also, increase Dhuumfire to 4 seconds, 1 stack burn.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

I personally think they should have switched land/underwater life blasts (ofc dmg modified to say same)

-in water its slower, but has a condi transfer every 1,5s
-on land its faster, so it works better with might and vuln traits and isnt blind countered by 4/8 classes, again double speed means half dmg per hit so it stays same

cz right now the underwater one is just stupid..

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brokensunday.4098

Brokensunday.4098

is called fire for a reason lol for this to work they need to change the whole trait make it name someting like infectious or someting like that

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

I’d rather they did a baseline increase of attack speed for Life Blast and increased the duration of the burn to 4-5 seconds.

[qT] Necro main.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

This being said, Dhuumfire is actually fairly decent with the reaper thanks to the attack speed.

In theory only we have to test if it’s worth it and how effective it will be. Check my signature for dhuumfire suggestions.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

What if Dhuumfire also gave the ability to transfer condis at enemy with Life blast? One condi per a blast. There would be a cool down for Reaper specialization.

1.That would be OP

2.I think the two effects, burn and transfer, dont really fit together

Just increase the life blast speed by default, see how that turns out. if Dhuumfire is still kitten, buff the duration.

Condi transfer on life blast could easily be a trait all on its own.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

So how about the fire parts “burns” boons off of a target?

Instead of transferring conditions from you it removes boons from the target. Kind of put the doom in dhuum so to speak.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

I’d prefer they not add more effects onto things, and instead just buff the actual base effects.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

I’d prefer they not add more effects onto things, and instead just buff the actual base effects.

That never works instead of giving back the bleed stack to Grasping Dead and Mark of Blood they nerfed it on all game modes and nerfed bleed in general.

3 more years to go.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

That never works instead of giving back the bleed stack to Grasping Dead and Mark of Blood they nerfed it on all game modes and nerfed bleed in general.

3 more years to go.

LoL, so it always works they just never do it?

in Necromancer

Sagat.3285

3 more years to go.

LoL, so it always works they just never do it?

I have a thread dedicate to Dhummfire I honestly don’t trust it I look at axe and see complaints and suggestion from beta and now we have to complain about it’s animation it’s not that they are terrible at balancing they are just unreliable and unpredictable(not so much that last one). Luckily I picked up “3 more years to go” from a GW1 player to give me hope so I struggle daily.

I started following rules when talking necro balance from the devs point of view:

1)They don’t see the class like we do
2)The “necro theme” is preferred by them over balance
3)They are always to keep necro “in line” before action/live (hello rest of the game)
4)They overestimate DS that starts at zero LF before every match
5)Like someone mentioned necro is very different from the rest of the classes
6)They use perfect scenarios for balance

The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

The biggest one is 2. With necros they always say, “but but but necro can’t have X, Y, or Z because they are necros.” No actual reason, just cause they are necros. I very rarely if ever hear them say anything about other classes not getting something because of their theme. Meanwhile, eles are getting aoe boon removal, and a cd reduction elite which don’t fit eles theme at all.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I am not so pessimistic (I’m an eternal optimist). They did a massive change of the traits. That was meant to prepare for the expansion (introducing the elite specialization) + makes balance easier. While not everything worked so well, I think this was an amazing change, and the build variety has been opened on most classes.

Now, they won’t change much until the expansion because they want to first know how things interact with the elite specs. Once the expansion comes, they will be able to fine tune the traits again. On the other hand, I would not expect any new big trait shake up in a foreseeable future, so I fear some clunky traits competitions (like all the curse line) will probably remain. But I see a Dhuumfire fix as very possible.

I am also optimistic that a big weapon/skill overhaul is still possible. That is the part they almost haven’t changed since launch. This is also one of the easiest things to balance: if a weapon is not meta in any game mode, it needs to be improved! It is easier than for example improving wells like another thread is asking, because wells are already meta in WvW so you buffing it could make it OP.
So easy situation for necros:

• scepter needs to be fixed
  • axe needs to be fixed
  • corruption needs to be fixed

because those are hardly used anywhere.

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

The biggest one is 2. With necros they always say, “but but but necro can’t have X, Y, or Z because they are necros.”

their vision of necro theme is also pretty kitten weird.

Meanwhile, eles are getting aoe boon removal, and a cd reduction elite which don’t fit eles theme at all.

that’s even more disgusting than chill on guardians. or burning on necros.

Gunnar’s Hold