Dhuumfire superiority (PvE)

Dhuumfire superiority (PvE)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roxhemar.6039

Roxhemar.6039

Hey there, I’m Malika the Twisted a long time Necromancer and I like to think quite talented PvE condimancer and this post is to confirm the superiority of Dhuumfire.

With the miserable loss of our chill damage, Condimancers now need to refocus and for that we go back in time back to the good old Dhuumfire, I’m making this post to help those who loved their Deathly Chill dearly cope with what appears to be a nerf intended for PvPer’s, why PvE players had to swallow this pill, I’ve no idea – HOWEVER

I now run Curses (Which remains unchanged.) Soul Reaping and Blood Magic.

This means I am no longer running reaper shroud but INSTEAD the old school way of condimancing which is picking up Dhuumfire. Much like Chill previously applied damage, Dhuumfire is a DPS gain over picking the reaper Elite Specialization (So much for elite, Eh Anet? Lololololol)

However, this said Dhuumfire only applies in shroud and obviously as a Condimancer you are a ranged profession with scepter/dagger and for those few cool kids who run focus ^.-

SO because Reaper shroud is a melee oriented build, it is made obsolete, so for all you fellow Necromancer’s who worked their tails off for your ascended vipers, this one goes out to you…

Pick up Dhuumfire and save your place in your raid group.

Since we’ve already suffered a NET loss of DPS, Dhuumfire is a bandage for this god awful situation, not a complete fix but at least you won’t be completely broken. This is a trait that was forgotten by time and clearly, thankfully – forgotten by Anet.

There are so few actual damaging conditions and the new 8 sec bleed applied by deathly chill is worse then a joke, it’s quite frankly insulting.

(edited by Roxhemar.6039)