alanis.6094

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

And then we wonder why our new heal isn’t good.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I tried this too….. I went rabid against an ele…. with no minions it is literally impossible to get them below 90%. Don’t give me that "just life blast them " crap…. as if we have spare life force to just sit in DS and fire off bolts they can outheal easily.

Amazingly problematic in small fights.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I tried this too….. I went rabid against an ele…. with no minions it is literally impossible to get them below 90%. Don’t give me that "just life blast them " crap…. as if we have spare life force to just sit in DS and fire off bolts they can outheal easily.

Amazingly problematic in small fights.

You mean the life force they can burst through while dodging the 1s obvious cast time LBs using vigor?

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brighteluden.2974

Brighteluden.2974

Well, after a month or so of my “break” good to know I’m not missing much.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: kinglycan.1926

kinglycan.1926

Wow but i’m not surprised at all.

King Aznable ( Power Necro) SoS Server.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I suspect this will completely push roaming necro’s out. I really thought I’d be spending today complaining about our nerfs, not eles buffs.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

What was that video supposed to show us?
Not to start a fight without LF?
Not to open with or use condi skills while a condi-immune mechanic is still active?
Remind us that team play will make Diamond Skin worthless? (see Thief jumping in for quick tag on Ele)

I’m not a fan of the skill design or ANet’s trend of handing out conditional immunities lately, but that video is fairly biased.

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

I guess necro is allowed to spam all condi buttons on the keyboard but when little (10% hp) problem shows up all these buttons are used to make qq threads ^^

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

I guess necro is allowed to spam all condi buttons on the keyboard but when little (10% hp) problem shows up all these buttons are used to make qq threads ^^

Happen to actually watch the video?

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

2 professions down, 5 to go. Arenanet won’t stop until each class directly counter necros. Didn’t you all get the memo?

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: cubed.2853

cubed.2853

wtf seriously! no condi about 90%!? what do theys smoke at anet, I want some too…. what about no direct dmg if life is about 90% for nec???

it was written…

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I don’t know… If necro has so much trouble trimming off 10% hp on a class that is famous for being squishy and having the lowest HP pool of all classes there might of other more urge matter to be focusing on.

#ELEtism

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

I don’t know… If necro has so much trouble trimming off 10% hp on a class that is famous for being squishy and having the lowest HP pool of all classes there might of other more urge matter to be focusing on.

It isn’t about trimming 10% HP alone.

Its about trimming 10% HP when the other class is immune to all of your active defensive mechanics (bar DS), immune to all your CC, and immune to the majority of your damage. Conditions are the very core of the entire Necromancer class, regardless of build, and condi Necros not only get shafted by being unable to use any of that defense, but also have most of their offense removed.

Eles suddenly aren’t that squishy when you get hit once a second for 200 and are immune to CC.

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Assuming about 20k health pool, need to do 2k damage, my life blast hits for 3k+ in a single shot, seems nothing has changed for my build.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Ahahahahahaha…

Engineers perma immune while under 25%, elementalists perma immune while over 90%… and we have perma stealth thieves, moa 1 shot mesmers… condition immunity stun lock warriors…

Did i miss anything…

Ahahahahahahahahaha…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

play power necro… its harder and maybe even up but makes more fun and you can laugh at those traits…

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It is quite clear they are trying to force Necromancers into other builds, quite rightly BUT without actually making the other aspects of Necromancers strong enough to be worth it.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Great potential heal smashed to pieces from every direction conceivable, “We felt that a few traits and skills were too powerful, while others were lacking in efficacy. So we tuned down the good stuff and left you to figure out the rest yourselves.”-balance and now this (which we said would happen when it was previewed)… Guys, I think it’s time for another cake!

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I don’t have a problem with this trait existing. More traits should be so powerful/unique/niche. But where is the Necro’s equally groundbreaking equivalent? The devs take such baby steps with any buffs we get, yet are clearly more than willing to roll the dice on other professions.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Great potential heal smashed to pieces from every direction conceivable

What heal? Didn’t you know? They only added 7 to the game, the one you see for Necromancers is actually a bug… cough.

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

The one that was leaked a while ago, but yeah, I also heard it’s not available in-game yet :P

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

It isn’t about trimming 10% HP alone.

Its about trimming 10% HP when the other class is immune to all of your active defensive mechanics (bar DS), immune to all your CC, and immune to the majority of your damage. Conditions are the very core of the entire Necromancer class, regardless of build, and condi Necros not only get shafted by being unable to use any of that defense, but also have most of their offense removed.

Eles suddenly aren’t that squishy when you get hit once a second for 200 and are immune to CC.

Not to mention the heals. The power components of condition skills and abilities probably hit for the same amount or just under what eles will passively heal for.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

A bit under regen alone.

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

Ah, which good pvp game doesn’t need a bit of hardcountering

Ele / Guardian

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Ah, which good pvp game doesn’t need a bit of hardcountering

Rock-Paper-Scissors agrees completely.

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

In a 1v1 it is powerful against necros but like mid way in the video some random thief hits the ele and the necro finishes the ele pretty easily.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

What worries me most is being able to chill/fear/cripple Eles. As a power necro this makes dagger even more unappealing. Do we have to assume all Eles are running this trait and just autoattack them until 90%?

(if we can even catch them)

(edited by Draehl.2681)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

What worries me most is being able to chill/fear/cripple Eles. As a power necro this makes dagger even more unappealing. Do we have to assume all Eles are running this trait and just autoattack them until 90%?

Yes. Or you could use a ranged LB for an opener.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

That is an option… makes tanky builds even less effective though. Getting them sub-90% could be a chore on some of the more evasive builds, especially without conditions to aid in controlling them…

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Ele has always been the darling profession. It gets shaken up and lot of changes. I always expect to see a bunch of stuff when for Ele when there’s a big update.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Yes. Or you could use a ranged LB for an opener.

Because the ele is just going to stare at the 1s cast time and go HEY GUYS WHAT IS THAT BIG BLACK BALL COMING AT ME OHMYGOD I’M HURT.

yep, that’ll get them for sure.

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Myrkr.5803

Myrkr.5803

Bhawb.7408

What heal? Didn’t you know? They only added 7 to the game, the one you see for Necromancers is actually a bug… cough.

Naw it was a bug, but they updated the patch notes to reflect its intended effects…

Myrkr DraugrNecromancer of the Tarnished Coast

Suggestion for Necromancers Lack of Block/Vigor/Evade/Invulnerable

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

alanis.6094

After testing — so incredibly broken.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Really kittenty “balancing” ANet. Even more annoying than the elementalists new toy is the engineer’s condition immunity at 25% health (which for some reason is a trait lots of engineers are using today) – no condition build can counter or kill them solo. Even if ANet balances the game around sPvP, these condition immunity traits make no sense because even there 1v1 and 1v2 fights are common – fights which condition builds can’t defeat if condition immunity is involved.

Where are my immunity to all physical damage while above 90%, or below 25% health traits? If you think such an idea is ludicrous, then why is condition immunity any less outrageous?

Stop this nonsense, seriously.

(edited by xev.9476)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Monoman.2068

Monoman.2068

Well hopefully necromancer’s will cut back on the dire/rabid gear and go hybrid so that they have a chance against diamond skin elementalists and other classes with less than optimum condition removal will have a chance against them.

I think diamond skin is stupid, but I got an elementalist in the works to abuse it. Anything that will flip the bird to this kittenty condition meta is ok by me.

Laviere – Hybrid Wellomancer
Makonne – Hybrid Regen Ranger

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Atoss.1056

Atoss.1056

Happen. And it looks stupid trying to attack someone with condis when he is immune to condis above certain hp. Try some physical attacks?

Ppl making problem out of it. Take other weapon isntead staff and use your brain. Lower hp below those 90% and then keep spamming your 11112511 condis, its your job that he stays below those 90%.

(edited by Atoss.1056)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

alanis.6094

Well hopefully necromancer’s will cut back on the dire/rabid gear and go hybrid so that they have a chance against diamond skin elementalists and other classes with less than optimum condition removal will have a chance against them.

I think diamond skin is stupid, but I got an elementalist in the works to abuse it. Anything that will flip the bird to this kittenty condition meta is ok by me.

I’m all for forcing condi players to go hybrid, if we also force all power players to go hybrid as well. But I don’t think that was what you were saying, shockingly.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Happen. And it looks stupid trying to attack someone with condis when he is immune to condis above certain hp. Try some physical attacks?

Ppl making problem out of it. Take other weapon isntead staff and use your brain. Lower hp below those 90% and then keep spamming your 11112511 condis, its your job that he stays below those 90%.

Way to miss the point – twice. Necro condi builds can’t do kitten against condition immunity builds – that’s the point. It renders not just whole builds, but an entire damage type unviable.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Ahahahahahaha…

Engineers perma immune while under 25%, elementalists perma immune while over 90%… and we have perma stealth thieves, moa 1 shot mesmers… condition immunity stun lock warriors…

Did i miss anything…

Ahahahahahahahahaha…

Hmmm, not too sure, I think you may have missed Perma-Fear terror spam, Plague camping, Signet of Spite, Signet of Spite + Epidemic, Power Necro Lich Form (not that I’d expect you to know what that is), Dhuumfire, Minon Master body blocking.

Did I miss anything?

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

What I find funny/ludicrous is how if anyone suddenly got a trait making them immune to Stealthed attacks while above 90% health, Thieves would cry a “justified” hissy-fit. But we can’t do so given most of our skills and CC revolves around conditions.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Hmmm, not too sure, I think you may have missed Perma-Fear terror spam,

I hadn’t head of this build before. Considering our shortest possible cooldown Fear is 17 seconds (traited) and lasts for at maximum 3 seconds (all other fears being at least 32 second cooldowns traited and half the duration), I haven’t quite worked out the math for a perma-fear build. Care to enlighten us, or are you ready to admit you’re full of kitten?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Panhauramix.2784

Panhauramix.2784

If you had watch the video, he tried Carrion amulet for a Power approach, unfortunately our damage coefficient on both our condi weapons are too low to even get near the threshold and counter his regen.

If it was a permanent reflect shield above 90% health and engineers/lb-sb rangers/ranged class were asked to just try to hit in melee to remove the shield, would you still say just change your weapon set/entire build and go melee?

Some peoples may still hate the necro for our Dhummfire era and want to see them eat dirt, but regardless of the class been played, those passive immunity traits are all but fun to play against.

80’s: Razdhül Necro/Desire Mesmer/ Ykarys War/ Yphrit Ele/
Panhauramix Guardian/Pistoleros Engineer/ Orbite Thief
Gates of Madness – Leader of Homicide Volontaire [HV]

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

Way to miss the point – twice. Necro condi builds can’t do kitten against condition immunity builds – that’s the point. It renders not just whole builds, but an entire damage type unviable.

He isn’t missing the point, he’s trolling.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Master body blocking.

I love this one. Are you telling me that PvPers, people who are supposedly good enough to PvP, you know play against other players who have some intelligence, is unable of even PvEing? You know, that piece of content so easy that people go about soloing 5 man content, or do runs without armor. Hell, the first people to get their legendaries could PvE while watching entire seasons of anime.

So you’re telling me that that kind of PvE is so complicated that they can’t figure it out? If those people can’t PvE, content that has constantly been criticized for being too easy, why do they think they can handle actual players, who aren’t brain-dead monkeys (well, allegedly)?

Seriously, the QQ about “body blocking” is ridiculous. Never once have I been body blocked by any minions, not in PvE where I get surrounded by 30 mobs, not PvP where 5 are there.

My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!
this video can explain to you exactly whats going on.

PS: diamond skin has not shut down the necromancer class, just the necromancer condi builds. (just so that is clear)

I am a teef
:)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

SonOfKrypton.4357

Hmmm, not too sure, I think you may have missed Perma-Fear terror spam,

I hadn’t head of this build before. Considering our shortest possible cooldown Fear is 17 seconds (traited) and lasts for at maximum 3 seconds (all other fears being at least 32 second cooldowns traited and half the duration), I haven’t quite worked out the math for a perma-fear build. Care to enlighten us, or are you ready to admit you’re full of kitten?

I sure do care to enlighten you, my sweet little sugar possum! n_n

1. There is this thing called Death Shroud. It has an ability called “Doom.”
2. There is this thing called Staff. It has an ability called “Reaper’s Mark.”
3. There is this thing called “Spectral Wall.” It fears you whenever you run into it.
4. There is this thing called “Terror.” Whenever an enemy is feared, they take damage.
5. There is this thing called “Fear of Death.” Whenever you get downed you fear an enemy.
6. There is this thing called “Master of Terror.” It increases all of your fear durations.
7. There is this thing called “Superior Rune of the Necromancer.” If you have six of them, it increases all of your fear durations.

You might not have known this but it is actually possible to chain these fear abilities, with the exception of “Fear of Death.”

So, my tender little petal blossom, what you’re gonna wanna do is:

Have all the necessary traits on. Then you’re gonna use Doom. Quickly hit Tainted Shackles. Hop out of Death Shroud. Reaper’s Mark. Then you drop a Spectral Wall. Ironically enough if you have feared them into a wall and drop Spectral Wall strategically, they will be stuck there if they have no stun breaks or stability.

So, my darling little river lily, that my love, is how you do the “math” for perma-fear! n_n

Glad I could teach you how to play your own class.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

PS: diamond skin has not shut down the necromancer class, just the necromancer condi builds. (just so that is clear)

Please tell me when was the last time a power Necro killed an Ele.
Especially given the fact we can no longer Chill, Cripple or Fear you to catch up with your mobility.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Please tell me when was the last time a power Necro killed an Ele.
Especially given the fact we can no longer Chill, Cripple or Fear you to catch up with your mobility.

You’re thinking a little too simple tho darling. Baby you gotta think outside the box. What you’re feeling right now is similar to what i was feeling when eles got nerfed and other professions got buffed. I was forced to think outside the box, and experiment.

I am a teef
:)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

SonOfKrypton.4357

Master body blocking.

I love this one. Are you telling me that PvPers, people who are supposedly good enough to PvP, you know play against other players who have some intelligence, is unable of even PvEing? You know, that piece of content so easy that people go about soloing 5 man content, or do runs without armor. Hell, the first people to get their legendaries could PvE while watching entire seasons of anime.

So you’re telling me that that kind of PvE is so complicated that they can’t figure it out? If those people can’t PvE, content that has constantly been criticized for being too easy, why do they think they can handle actual players, who aren’t brain-dead monkeys (well, allegedly)?

Seriously, the QQ about “body blocking” is ridiculous. Never once have I been body blocked by any minions, not in PvE where I get surrounded by 30 mobs, not PvP where 5 are there.

Oh honey, I’ll get back to you when I can make sense of this post.

I think I’ll start at: "Are you telling me that PvPers is unable of even PvEing.

I’m more than happy to justify if you clarify.