Diamond Skin

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

snip

All skills listed with 100% duration and all reduced CDs (something no one ever does, mind you).

Doom – 3s, 17% uptime
Reaper’s Mark – 2s, 6% uptime
Spectral Wall – 5% uptime

Now, I know math is really, really hard. But I’ll help you: 17 + 6 + 5 = 28. That means, if you have all 3 traits to reduce all the CDs on those skills, and you have 100% fear duration, you get 28% total fear uptime.

Oh, did I mention that to include terror, you have somehow managed to use a 30/30/10/0/20 build? Pretty impressive build, even for an “OP” build.

Nice try though.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

-snipped for length-

Sooo, a whopping 6 seconds of fear on a 32 second cooldown is “permanent” now? Very strong, yes, but nowhere close to “perma-fear”.

Even so, if you get caught in that setup and you don’t have an available stunbreak, it’s your own kitten fault for failing as a PvP player. Everyone remotely competent in PvP knows that is a possible thing to happen, so you save a stunbreak for when the chain gets used, knowing full well that once it’s broken, the necro is out of options to actually combat you due to being a one-trick pony build.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!
this video can explain to you exactly whats going on.

PS: diamond skin has not shut down the necromancer class, just the necromancer condi builds. (just so that is clear)

Please tell me when was the last time a power Necro killed an Ele.
Especially given the fact we can no longer Chill, Cripple or Fear you to catch up with your mobility.

You’re thinking a little too simple tho darling. Baby you gotta think outside the box. What you’re feeling right now is similar to what i was feeling when eles got nerfed and other professions got buffed. I was forced to think outside the box, and experiment.

There is no “outside the box” here. Necros have no hard CC outside of the three conditions I listed (plus one Immob, which is also a condition). A dagger Necro simply cannot stay on any Ele with a pulse long enough to do damage.\
I don’t care that they nerfed condition damage builds. I care that they nerfed the few skills Necros had that could let them land damage/prevent escapes. You have easy access to CC, swiftness, vigor and escapes/invulns with almost every weapon set, and you can kite both us and our minions. And we can’t do anything about it anymore because our skills don;t work.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

(edited by Balefire.7592)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: The Game Slayer.7632

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

PS: diamond skin has not shut down the necromancer class, just the necromancer condi builds. (just so that is clear)

Especially given the fact we can no longer Chill, Cripple or Fear you to catch up with your mobility.

You’re thinking a little too simple tho darling. Baby you gotta think outside the box. What you’re feeling right now is similar to what i was feeling when eles got nerfed and other professions got buffed. I was forced to think outside the box, and experiment.

There is no “outside the box” here. Necros have no hard CC outside of the three conditions I listed (plus one Immob, which is also a condition). A dagger Necro simply cannot stay on any Ele with a pulse long enough to do damage.\
I don’t care that they nerfed condition damage builds. I care that they nerfed the few skills Necros had that could let them land damage/prevent escapes.

Yea, you shouldve heard me in the forums when eles got nerfed. Its all part of the cycle man. You’re soon going to realize that this is intended, that it’s eles time to shine, and that necros time to shine is coming to a close now. That doesn’t mean that necros are going to be completely useless, cause i stuck it out with ele and in a few weeks i found something half-way decent to carry me through to this patch. If you dont like the type of balancing anet does, that means theyre actually succeeding. Thats just the nature of imperfect balancing.

I am a teef
:)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

You see all those points in the video where he discusses how “perfect imbalance” is good, but you don’t want things that are broken? Diamond Skin is what he is warning about.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

That’s so unfair. I, as a power necro, killed an Ele just the other day before the patch!

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

I don’t care that they nerfed condition damage builds. I care that they nerfed the few skills Necros had that could let them land damage/prevent escapes.

Yea, you shouldve heard me in the forums when eles got nerfed. Its all part of the cycle man. You’re soon going to realize that this is intended, that it’s eles time to shine, and that necros time to shine is coming to a close now. That doesn’t mean that necros are going to be completely useless, cause i stuck it out with ele and in a few weeks i found something half-way decent to carry me through to this patch. If you dont like the type of balancing anet does, that means theyre actually succeeding. Thats just the nature of imperfect balancing.

I’m well aware that Ele’s have suffered. But an eye for an eye leaves the world blind.
I’m not asking for the removal of Diamond Skin. You can keep it – but a version that doesn’t ruin everything Necros are about.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: SonOfKrypton.4357

SonOfKrypton.4357

Sooo, a whopping 6 seconds of fear on a 32 second cooldown is “permanent” now? Very strong, yes, but nowhere close to “perma-fear”..

“Perma” in this case is relative, babe. The time frame I’m referring to is the time that I am alive to the time I am dead.

Even so, if you get caught in that setup and you don’t have an available stunbreak, it’s your own kitten fault for failing as a PvP player.

Alas, the train has reached the station much sooner than I thought it would. It’s always pleasurable to be early.

If I should have to have a certain counter to this available, then you should have to have a certain counter available to diamond skin.

Thank you for your time and co-operation, Drarnor Kunoram.5180.

Was an absolute pleasure.

G’byeeeee!

Jam xo

Attempting to contact arenanet.support seeking counselling expenses.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

You see all those points in the video where he discusses how “perfect imbalance” is good, but you don’t want things that are broken? Diamond Skin is what he is warning about.

No, youve almost understood it, many many people are going to use diamond skin (Including i), and then people are going to look to find counters against it. you can’t possibly say diamond skin is broken without giving it 2-3 weeks to settle in while people build to counter it.

I am a teef

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

I’m well aware that Ele’s have suffered. But an eye for an eye leaves the world blind.
I’m not asking for the removal of Diamond Skin. You can keep it – but a version that doesn’t ruin everything Necros are about.

fortunately you have attacks that do damage and damage is what counters diamond skin. if the ele is outhealing you, that means hes full bunker and he cant kill you anyway. if he IS killing you, that means he is zerk spec and you’re power necro builds are going to rip him apart. give the meta some time to shift.

I am a teef

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

The Game Slayer.7632

By all means, if in 2-3 weeks no one has found a counter to diamond skin on the necromancer profession, then yes d-skin is broken and should get nerfed. Give it some time. its literally only been 12 hours. no one said this was an easy flip flopping of 2-3 traits. its going to take an entire re-think of many of your builds.

I am a teef

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

fortunately you have attacks that do damage and damage is what counters diamond skin. if the ele is outhealing you, that means hes full bunker and he cant kill you anyway. if he IS killing you, that means he is zerk spec and you’re power necro builds are going to rip him apart. give the meta some time to shift.

And if he’s Scepter and I can’t even catch him because of Diamond Skin?

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

That’s the whole point though. If we can’t catch the Ele, we can’t do any damage. I’m not asking for a removal of the trait – keep your bleed, poison, burning and torment immunity. Condi spam is OP, so that’s valid. But my snares aren’t what kills you, they’re what allows me to actually be able to fight.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

No, youve almost understood it, many many people are going to use diamond skin (Including i), and then people are going to look to find counters against it. you can’t possibly say diamond skin is broken without giving it 2-3 weeks to settle in while people build to counter it.

Not quite. Diamond Skin is indeed one of those broken cases. In SC2, you can beat a battlecruiser strategy by using a ton of mutalisks. It’s difficult, but quite possible, typically involving outmaneuvering the much slower Terran capital ships. Even a head-on engagement can work if you have enough mutas (though it will be very costly). Diamond Skin is like trying to take down said battlecruisers with roaches: it results in a one-sided slaughter.

I’m a Geeleiver

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

2-3 weeks for eles to abuse a broken mechanic. I know you guys have a rush right now with being given access to such an overpowered trait that makes an entire class irrelevant, but could you possibly go and troll elsewhere? This horse has been dead for a while.

Thanks Hun/babe/insertmockeryhere.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

That’s the whole point though. If we can’t catch the Ele, we can’t do any damage. I’m not asking for a removal of the trait – keep your bleed, poison, burning and torment immunity. Condi spam is OP, so that’s valid. But my snares aren’t what kills you, they’re what allows me to actually be able to fight.

think of something. That’s on you. adapt to the gameplay is all i can say. i need to go to bed, ill visit this forum tomorrow to talk some more. peace

I am a teef

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Not quite. Diamond Skin is indeed one of those broken cases. In SC2, you can beat a battlecruiser strategy by using a ton of mutalisks. It’s difficult, but quite possible, typically involving outmaneuvering the much slower Terran capital ships. Even a head-on engagement can work if you have enough mutas (though it will be very costly). Diamond Skin is like trying to take down said battlecruisers with roaches: it results in a one-sided slaughter.

You’re statement is not credible at all due to the time frame that’s been allotted to test different options.

I am a teef

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

think of something. That’s on you. adapt to the gameplay is all i can say. i need to go to bed, ill visit this forum tomorrow to talk some more. peace

1. Only ranged options for necros are condition damage, which is completely countered by Diamond Skin

2. Only power options are close-range, which rely on snares to work due to a lack of mobility skills, which is completely countered by Diamond Skin

Sooo, what do you think necros will do? I guess we can avoid losing to the trait by not playing PvP at all, which I’m sure you eles would like, but that’s kind of a bad way to run things.

I’m a Geeleiver

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Translation: There is no counter – I want your class to be complete trash because mine was. I’m a spiteful little troll.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

The Game Slayer.7632

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Translation: There is no counter – I want your class to be complete trash because mine was.

yup. like i said, eles time to shine. OH but do remember!!! this game is based around spvp where its most of the time never 1v1. 5v5 is more relevant. and you’re very right in thinking that im going to enjoy the hell out of steam-rolling every single necro i run into. its going to be a necro-slaughtering for the next few months. i love it, and every second i will cherish it.

I am a teef

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

I agree with this. The meta changed but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t available counters. If none are found, then it’s broken.

@Game
I’m kinda glad eles got a buff. That class had been eviscerated in the past so it’s only right that they get to make a comeback. It’s bad news for those who main a condi necro but fair’s fair.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Whats really getting me is that Auto-immune Response is comparatively a very well designed trait. An Engineer with the trait will drop below 25% health, then cleanse, but now they are on a very difficult balancing act. They are low on health and still have direct damage coming in, but if they heal too much, then their immunity is lost. They have to try an endure the direct damage instead of healing it.

Diamond Skin eles, on the other hand, don’t have such a balancing act. They just want to be at full health, which is never a bad idea. If their regen is strong enough to out-heal the incoming damage, they’re good to go regardless.

I’m a Geeleiver

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Translation: There is no counter – I want your class to be complete trash because mine was.

yup. like i said, eles time to shine. and you’re very right in thinking that im going to enjoy the hell out of steam-rolling every single necro i run into. its going to be a necro-slaughtering for the next few months. i love it, and every second i will cherish it.

Ele’s have every right to their time in the spotlight. But if it comes at the expense of another profession, you may need to re-evaluate your definition of balance.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

It’s a sign of horrible balance in a game when one trait can cancel out a whole professions build.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

yup. like i said, eles time to shine. and you’re very right in thinking that im going to enjoy the hell out of steam-rolling every single necro i run into. its going to be a necro-slaughtering for the next few months. i love it, and every second i will cherish it.

Ele’s have every right to their time in the spotlight. But if it comes at the expense of another profession, you may need to re-evaluate your definition of balance.

It counters a very specific build, and one that sorely needed a counter at that. If every necro is using one build as your post implies, then that means one of two things: There’s a lack of build diversity, or the build the necro is using is OP as all sin and needed a counter. Since power necros are definitely a thing, the latter is likely true.

Every build needs a counter. If you don’t want to adapt to this counter to condi tanks, that’s not the developer’s fault.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

It counters a very specific build, and one that sorely needed a counter at that. If every necro is using one build as your post implies, then that means one of two things: There’s a lack of build diversity, or the build the necro is using is OP as all sin and needed a counter. Since power necros are definitely a thing, the latter is likely true.

Every build needs a counter. If you don’t want to adapt to this counter to condi tanks, that’s not the developer’s fault.

It’s a sign of horrible balance in a game when one trait can cancel out a whole professions build.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

As I stated earlier, please provide verifiable evidence that Power Necros are a thing in high level PvP.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Draehl.2681

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Again. Dagger (power) Necros struggle to maintain close range enough already. How are we supposed to catch a target that is immune to immobilize/cripple/chill/etc? Scepter Ele is going to have a field day with us.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Jugglemonkey.8741

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Look on the bright side, I play thief and anyone can stealth trap me, taking away my regen, damage and condi cleanse -.-

Condi-spam tank builds are a counter to my thief, diamond skin ele is a counter to your condi-spam tank build, and my thief is a counter to diamond skin eles. Every build has a counter, that’s how it should work.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Jugglemonkey.8741

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

As I stated earlier, please provide verifiable evidence that Power Necros are a thing in high level PvP.

If no-one uses power necros in high level PvP, that just proves my point that the condi spam build is OP. Power based necro builds can demolish things when used properly, try it out.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

Look on the bright side, I play thief and anyone can stealth trap me, taking away my regen, damage and condi cleanse -.-

Condi-spam tank builds are a counter to my thief, diamond skin ele is a counter to your condi-spam tank build, and my thief is a counter to diamond skin eles. Every build has a counter, that’s how it should work.

Do you understand the difference between soft and hard counters (I’m not being sarcastic)? Soft counters should be in the game, hard counters shouldn’t be within fifty miles of a game that is supposedly about skill.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Balefire.7592

ITS OUR TURN BABY!

If no-one uses power necros in high level PvP, that just proves my point that the condi spam build is OP. Power based necro builds can demolish things when used properly, try it out.

That’s confirmation bias, not proof.
And I know very well what Power Necros do, I run one.
They twiddle their thumbs when you Ride the Lightning/Burning Speed/Lightning Flash/Mist Form/Obsidian Flesh and run away since without an available snare, you can’t catch the Ele. Trust me, I would love to just mash people with my dagger, but as it turns out, opponents are not so fond of just sitting around and eating damage.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Jugglemonkey.8741

Do you understand the difference between soft and hard counters (I’m not being sarcastic)? Soft counters should be in the game, hard counters shouldn’t be within fifty miles of a game that is supposedly about skill.

I do, and I don’t think that this particular counter is an issue unless the entire player base refuses to adapt. It’s a grandmaster trait in a lesser used trait line on one class. You have ways of dealing with it. If you choose not to use them, that’s not the ele’s fault.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Jugglemonkey.8741

That’s confirmation bias, not proof.
And I know very well what Power Necros do, I run one.
They twiddle their thumbs when you Ride the Lightning/Burning Speed/Lightning Flash/Mist Form/Obsidian Flesh and run away since without an available snare, you can’t catch the Ele. Trust me, I would love to just mash people with my dagger, but as it turns out, opponents are not so fond of just sitting around and eating damage.

Ele’s running away shouldn’t be any more of an issue than it was, since people only tend to run on low health which means the trait wouldn’t help them anyway. All you have to do is have a way of dealing 10% damage to an ele, then you can use your snares/conditions as normal.

My point is that there is a way to deal with people using this trait. If people insist on using the condi only build, then that’s their choice. Having a counter to the tactic and not using it is just a little silly imo.

Not to mention, the patch has been out less than a day. The meta needs time to adjust. Give it time.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

Terok.7315:

I do, and I don’t think that this particular counter is an issue unless the entire player base refuses to adapt. It’s a grandmaster trait in a lesser used trait line on one class. You have ways of dealing with it. If you choose not to use them, that’s not the ele’s fault.

Same thing happened to me whilst roaming with another thief, a necro and a guardian sat on the trap and waited for the free loot bag. I got hit by the trap and got focused into the floor.

My roaming partner then got me up and we murdered them of course, but that’s beside the point. When 2 of the tankiest classes in the game abuse a mechanic that removes pretty much all healing, damage, condi cleanse and blinds from the squishiest class in the game just to get an easy kill, it speaks volumes about how badly balanced said mechanic is.

I’d love to see the reaction if an anti adrenaline/death shroud trap came out, but of course that wouldn’t happen since that would victimize warriors/necros…. -.-

I don’t think you’re being honest with me. You know necromancer is balanced around conditions, you know that this trait hard counters our class and you don’t like it when the same thing happens to you. Why is necromancer a special case?

Edit: I thought I would spare us both this pointless debate.. Here we go I guess.

(edited by Terok.7315)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: youlostthegame.8102

youlostthegame.8102

Ahahahahahaha…

Engineers perma immune while under 25%, elementalists perma immune while over 90%… and we have perma stealth thieves, moa 1 shot mesmers… condition immunity stun lock warriors…

Did i miss anything…

Ahahahahahahahahaha…

Yes you forgot Terror Necromancers.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Full immunities are never good, but if we have to have them, they make far more sense activating right before you might die, than at the start of a fight, full passive.

But I think this trait could be balanced rather easily by simply putting a time limit on the immunity, starting from when the first condition hits them. 5 Seconds would probably be fine, offering some counter play from the opponent. Or of course he can burst through the threshold depending on build.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Jugglemonkey.8741

Terok.7315:

Same thing happened to me whilst roaming with another thief, a necro and a guardian sat on the trap and waited for the free loot bag. I got hit by the trap and got focused into the floor.

My roaming partner then got me up and we murdered them of course, but that’s beside the point. When 2 of the tankiest classes in the game abuse a mechanic that removes pretty much all healing, damage, condi cleanse and blinds from the squishiest class in the game just to get an easy kill, it speaks volumes about how badly balanced said mechanic is.

I’d love to see the reaction if an anti adrenaline/death shroud trap came out, but of course that wouldn’t happen since that would victimize warriors/necros…. -.-

I don’t think you’re being honest with me. You know necromancer is balanced around conditions, you know that this trait hard counters our class and you don’t like it when the same thing happens to you. Why is necromancer a special case?

Diamond skin isn’t a hard counter to your class, just like stealth trap isn’t a hard counter to thief. That is because the class doesn’t have to rely on one mechanic, even if it’s built with it in mind. It does however counter a specific build. Only one class can use diamond skin (when fully invested in an otherwise mediocre line), and you have an easy way to deal with it when you see it: knock the ele’s health down a bit with physical attacks, then resume condi spam. This makes it a fair counter. Anyone can do what happened to me in that post, and it takes the stealth based thief out of the fight for 30 seconds with no way to counter it except wait, that lack of counter is why it’s a problem. Try again.

I’m not saying it’s a nice thing to happen. I clearly don’t like it when it happens to me, who would? What I am saying is that you have an easy way to deal with this, and if you refuse to use it then that’s your problem really. Try opening with something other than signet of spite or fear.

(edited for clarity)

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

(edited by Jugglemonkey.8741)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Diamond skin isn’t a hard counter to your class, just like stealth trap isn’t a hard counter to thief. That is because the class doesn’t have to rely on one mechanic, even if it’s built with it in mind. It does however counter a specific build. Only one class can use diamond skin (when fully invested in an otherwise mediocre line), and you have an easy way to deal with it when you see it: knock the ele’s health down a bit with physical attacks, then resume condi spam. This makes it a fair counter. Anyone can do what happened to me in that post, and it takes the thief out of the fight for 30 seconds with no way to counter it except wait, that lack of counter is why it’s a problem. Try again.

I’m not saying it’s a nice thing to happen. I clearly don’t like it when it happens to me, who would? What I am saying is that you have an easy way to deal with this, and if you refuse to use it then that’s your problem really. Try opening with something other than signet of spite or fear.

OMG!! Why didn’t we think of that?!?! The linked video and our personal experiences indicating otherwise have all been mistaken!

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nagato no Kami.4980

Nagato no Kami.4980

Sooo, a whopping 6 seconds of fear on a 32 second cooldown is “permanent” now? Very strong, yes, but nowhere close to “perma-fear”..

“Perma” in this case is relative, babe. The time frame I’m referring to is the time that I am alive to the time I am dead.

Even so, if you get caught in that setup and you don’t have an available stunbreak, it’s your own kitten fault for failing as a PvP player.

Alas, the train has reached the station much sooner than I thought it would. It’s always pleasurable to be early.

If I should have to have a certain counter to this available, then you should have to have a certain counter available to diamond skin.

Thank you for your time and co-operation, Drarnor Kunoram.5180.

Was an absolute pleasure.

G’byeeeee!

Jam xo

Hmm… Got caught not knowing uptime/CD ratio, tried to play it off with some lame excuse about things being “relative” and ran away.

It was fairly good trolling before that. The great trolls are better prepared and aren’t so sloppy with their word choices. The latter was where you really lost it. If you didn’t go “perma” you could have wriggled out of the corner and continued.

Overall, not bad. I’d say 6/10. The exit was flamboyant but we all saw the toilet paper stuck to your shoe.

On a more general note, I’d stop with the pet names. It’s not aggravating — it just makes you feel like you’re talking to a 50 year-old lady or a really bad caricature of an effeminate man. Either way, it doesn’t quite work. It feels forced… too over-the-top… If you’re trying to irritate someone, it’s a good idea to make it less obvious that this is your goal. This way, they focus on the conflict rather than being distracted by your antics. It’s the same thing that happens when writers go too far and break the audience’s suspension of disbelief. It’s jarring and makes you very aware that you’re watching a performance. This isn’t to say I don’t commend you on having a “trolling voice.” It shows you really care and that counts for something but given your command of the language and the intelligence I detect, I believe you can do better.

I was amused and look forward to your future posts.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

I guess necro is allowed to spam all condi buttons on the keyboard but when little (10% hp) problem shows up all these buttons are used to make qq threads ^^

Happen to actually watch the video?

Happen. And it looks stupid trying to attack someone with condis when he is immune to condis above certain hp. Try some physical attacks?

Ppl making problem out of it. Take other weapon isntead staff and use your brain. Lower hp below those 90% and then keep spamming your 11112511 condis, its your job that he stays below those 90%.

I want you… to use a riffle on an elementalist to damage the necromancer because he is immune to physical attacks when over 90% health… doesn’t matter if you can’t fit riffle in your build, or if you can’t use riffle at all… YOU MUST ADAPT !…
Wait what… a right… nwm…

In all seriousness… why didn’t i think of that… it’s genius… especially with all the nerfs to condition damage, how about we don’t even use condition damage weapons in condition builds… We use power weapons, yessss… so we can do just a bit more power damage for an elementalist alone, and then since we have power weapons with condition damage stat, watch as all our damage we can ever do barely tickles the elementalist and his passive healing…

Best idea ever… i like it… elementalist FTW.

ps: I’m not sure if i got this right… we are having fun that the elementalist can now troll us right ?… I’m in… errr…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

Terok.7315:

Diamond skin isn’t a hard counter to your class, just like stealth trap isn’t a hard counter to thief. That is because the class doesn’t have to rely on one mechanic, even if it’s built with it in mind. It does however counter a specific build. Only one class can use diamond skin (when fully invested in an otherwise mediocre line), and you have an easy way to deal with it when you see it: knock the ele’s health down a bit with physical attacks, then resume condi spam. This makes it a fair counter. Anyone can do what happened to me in that post, and it takes the thief out of the fight for 30 seconds with no way to counter it except wait, that lack of counter is why it’s a problem. Try again.

Its been thoroughly explained to you how this negatively impacts both power and condition based necromancer builds, you keep responding with impractical tactics (i.e “knock the ele’s health down a bit with physical attacks”) and avoiding/dismissing discussion of how the necromancer is balanced and functions. The post I linked presented a situation where an ability nullified an important defensive/offensive mechanic that saves your backside all the time. It wasn’t a perfect example, but you clearly didn’t think it was a balanced mechanic when it affected you.

This conversation is going in circles, you refuse to acknowledge that this trait puts powermancers in a tougher spot than they already were and you seem to be fine with condition builds being hard countered by passive play. We’re not going to agree on this. All the same, just like dhummfire — diamond skin will eventually get the nerf bat because it was a poorly thought out mechanic. Its just a shame we’ll have to deal with it for the foreseeable future.

(edited by Terok.7315)

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

This is absolutely insane. How does anet expect me to keep up as a necro if I’m forced to use skill and strategy to beat an opponent? Why are they forcing build diversity and class balance on the game? This is stupid, I think I’ll take a break until they revert it back to where it was before.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Jugglemonkey.8741

Terok.7315:

Its been thoroughly explained to you how this negatively impacts both power and condition based necromancer builds, you keep responding with impractical tactics (i.e “knock the ele’s health down a bit with physical attacks”) and avoiding/dismissing discussion of how the necromancer is balanced and functions. The post I linked presented a situation where an ability nullified an important defensive/offensive mechanic that saves your backside all the time. It wasn’t a perfect example, but you clearly didn’t think it was a balanced mechanic when it affected you.

This conversation is going in circles, you refuse to acknowledge that this trait puts powermancers in a tougher spot than they already were and you seem to be fine with condition builds being hard countered by passive play. We’re not going to agree on this. All the same, just like dhummfire — diamond skin will eventually get the nerf bat because it was a poorly thought out mechanic. Its just a shame we’ll have to deal with it for the foreseeable future.

Ok, you’ve explained how it affects power builds. If you can’t remove 10% of the ele’s health before it starts to kite so you can use your snares, you’re doing it wrong. All you have to do is knock the ele below 90%, then you can attack in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY AS YOU DID BEFORE. I really don’t mean to be rude, please don’t take it that way, I just don’t see what’s so hard about that.

The part I objected to in that post is anyone being able to remove my stealth. I now counter this by bringing a secondary weapon I can kite with that doesn’t rely on stealth to function. You only have to counter one class, using a trait from an unpopular tree that means they either sacrifice damage or healing to get it.
Frankly, if you think damaging an ele before piling on conditions to remove their immunity is an impractical tactic, then I don’t know what to say to you.

Critical Kit, Thief.
Power Build Condi Build

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knight mccormick.4592

Knight mccormick.4592

Look all this means is that Necromancers will have to start playing differently they can just rely on conditions any more. It’s not the end of the world of any necro you just need to learn to play a different style and not put all you have into condition damage. Start playing around with other build’s because the reason you are complaining is because your build can’t kill all the things you see. Start playing around with power not just condition damage have a split of both.
And if you are complaining about this one little trait which is a 30 point trait so a grandmaster trait so the ele has no healing or no damage and you can kill it then it’s not your build it’s just your skill. And also any one can kill anything if you have the skill. Yes necros might be the Meta at the minute BUT that does not mean you can kill everything you can dam see.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Look all this means is that Necromancers will have to start playing differently they can just rely on conditions any more. It’s not the end of the world of any necro you just need to learn to play a different style and not put all you have into condition damage. Start playing around with other build’s because the reason you are complaining is because your build can’t kill all the things you see. Start playing around with power not just condition damage have a split of both.
And if you are complaining about this one little trait which is a 30 point trait so a grandmaster trait so the ele has no healing or no damage and you can kill it then it’s not your build it’s just your skill. And also any one can kill anything if you have the skill. Yes necros might be the Meta at the minute BUT that does not mean you can kill everything you can dam see.

I would ask you if you ever played a necromancer before… but alas all of this is pointless, it’s too late to go back…

No one here can say i don’t know what i am talking about when it comes to the necromancer… and i am saying that ArenaNet made too many mistakes in the past few months, the game is now on it’s way down…

Sad…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knight mccormick.4592

Knight mccormick.4592

I would ask you if you ever played a necromancer before… but alas all of this is pointless, it’s too late to go back…

No one here can say i don’t know what i am talking about when it comes to the necromancer… and i am saying that ArenaNet made too many mistakes in the past few months, the game is now on it’s way down…

Sad…

To be honest when haven’t they made a mistake that one part of the community have not liked?

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

It was time for Anet to do something about the overpowered condition meta(especially necros). No need to rage.

And by the way: eles are the squishiest in the game and have low armor, if you cant get them < 90% health you are in fact a bad player. Think about it…and dont tell me “But my build is based on condi dmg”. You cant have a build to counter every other class in the game, so please stop crying. Necros are already tough as hell.

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

It was time for Anet to do something about the overpowered condition meta(especially necros). No need to rage.

And by the way: eles are the squishiest in the game and have low armor, if you cant get them < 90% health you are in fact a bad player. Think about it…and dont tell me “But my build is based on condi dmg”. You cant have a build to counter every other class in the game, so please stop crying. Necros are already tough as hell.

Hahahaha… do you play your class with more then 4 buttons ?

Let me guess… you learned the one shot macro on the elementalist and do it quickly then run away…. orrr… you heartseeker thief until target dies… wait wait… i got a better one… you stun lock necromancers while have condition immunity and then die because they are like 3 times your skill level…
That’s not fair… NERF !…

In fact… i want you, to have your own class… a really OP class, so you can own people 3 times your skill level all the time, and if they manage to kill you by focus fire, NERF !

Oh god… why am i even speaking… this is pointless… going to even close the forum tab in my browser…

Diamond Skin

in Necromancer

Terok.7315

Ok, you’ve explained how it affects power builds. If you can’t remove 10% of the ele’s health before it starts to kite so you can use your snares, you’re doing it wrong. All you have to do is knock the ele below 90%, then you can attack in EXACTLY THE SAME WAY AS YOU DID BEFORE. I really don’t mean to be rude, please don’t take it that way, I just don’t see what’s so hard about that.

The part I objected to in that post is anyone being able to remove my stealth. I now counter this by bringing a secondary weapon I can kite with that doesn’t rely on stealth to function. You only have to counter one class, using a trait from an unpopular tree that means they either sacrifice damage or healing to get it.
Frankly, if you think damaging an ele before piling on conditions to remove their immunity is an impractical tactic, then I don’t know what to say to you.

You’re being intentionally obtuse and the lessons are over. Either play necromancer for yourself and find out why diamond skin is a problem for our class specifically or wait until someone else comes around to entertain you. Though I do want one last crack at the stealth trap tidbit. Let’s turn stealth trap into an ability and give it to the mesmer. You can adapt and kite that, right? That’s good balance, right? Yeah, we don’t think so either.