Did the Karka remind you

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Of how Squishy we actually are vs true opponents?
2.1k damage pre spit, 6 spits pre attack chain, on 3k armor… While on my thief who i used to farm shells and blood there its evade evade stealthe into shadowstep and evade last hit when revealed…

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dredlord.8076

Dredlord.8076

I tell you kitten right!

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

No, they reminded me how good condition builds can be. Karka have very high armor and low health. One well-timed dodge negates their only really damaging attack (the spine barrage) and a condition build will always kill them before they get to the next round.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

No, they reminded me how good condition builds can be. Karka have very high armor and low health. One well-timed dodge negates their only really damaging attack (the spine barrage) and a condition build will always kill them before they get to the next round.

This.

The barrage hurts like a kitten regardless. It’s not “Necros are squishy!”. That thing hurts even on a full bunker guardian.

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

This.

The barrage hurts like a kitten regardless. It’s not “Necros are squishy!”. That thing hurts even on a full bunker guardian.

True on barrage hurts on guardian, not true barrage hurts on someone with protection as my zerker mesmer showed me somehow taking less damage than my necro despit having 1/3 of each defensive stat.
Also its 2 dodges since the barrage lasts 6 seconds cough lack of vigor cough making it impossible to just run past a line of the annoying crabs since they also apply weakness if you even dare to move 1 inch away from them. Not that there is a problem slowly lawn-crab mowing them down 1 by 1 like some sort of demented parasitic veggies, just that it once again showed how much a-net likes mobility and that toughness is worth bugger all if you can hold protection and/or aegis over 66% of the combat time…
Fellow necros…

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Yeah, I should have said a double dodge. The fact remains that they really aren’t difficult for a necro to deal with even en masse. (hint: Flesh Golem or Flesh Wurm can bait the barrage leaving you to decimate them with AoE bleeds)

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kau.8495

Kau.8495

they remind how much i like to smush them with my dagger siphon build and that little jagged horror that allways gets barraged 70% time dont see any problems with kaka :P

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Kau.8495

allso just drop well with “ritual of protection” and pat the poor things on the shell when there barrage hits sub 1k numbers ^.-

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

allso just drop well with “ritual of protection” and pat the poor things on the shell when there barrage hits sub 1k numbers ^.-

True on that, but please let me have it outside of Death magic… Im still in the firm belief if i dont use DM reanimator will just get bored and go away…

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Kau.8495

yeah but on kaka island that useless minion trait is so kittening usefull its funny about only place it is :x

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

yeah but on kaka island that useless minion trait is so kittening usefull its funny about only place it is :x

I noticed, but i also noitced that golem and/or blood fiend are even better and i still dont have to pick up reanimator. Also blood is way cuter than that rat.

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

It’s not new that you don’t want to facetank burst, but outside of dodging, that’s the Necro’s downfall. Not enough mobility or deception to outright avoid damage.

Try to tank in DS sure, that’s the devs idea, but your whole LF bar can be wiped absorbing one burst from an opponent, then you have very little to work with defensively the rest of the way, while other profs will still have multiple defenses, and often their main one back up from cooldown soon. DS will not come back up as rapidly unless you are a power or heavy spectral build.

Karka aren’t a problem they are dumb AI, and weak to condition. But when you face live humans, the above issues begin to present more obviously.

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

Karka aren’t a problem they are dumb AI, and weak to condition. But when you face live humans, the above issues begin to present more obviously.

You know, that was kinda the thing the whole thread was based on, its just i noticed it when i tried to run past 8 karka in a small hallway and they ate 100% LF in half a second…

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

You know, that was kinda the thing the whole thread was based on, its just i noticed it when i tried to run past 8 karka in a small hallway and they ate 100% LF in half a second…

I assume you mean that suicide cave… I couldn’t run through it even with plague. I got straight dps’d out of it, and then out of LF, and then dead.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

On My regen ranger and GS guardian I stand my ground and tank regardless of small or vets!

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Budg.3064

Budg.3064

Not how squishy, but they reminded me my lack of disengage requires me to be more aware of my surroundings. I was defending the central camp from waves of frenzied karka with a few randomers, we were doing alright. A wave comes in from behind before we finished the previous one and wiped us all, except a mesmer who blinked to safety.

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I assume you mean that suicide cave… I couldn’t run through it even with plague. I got straight dps’d out of it, and then out of LF, and then dead.

Yeah any situation like that is a similar representation to a Necro getting focus fired in PVP. Our main form defense is facetank, our class mechanic is a self degenerating face tank, and even our elite is just a buffed up facetank. How redundant can you get. In a situation like that, stealth is better, RTL is better, invulnerability is better, blink is better, etc.

Even Spectral Walk and Flesh Worm, which gives us pseudo telpeorts, can’t match the above, because their access is limited to a stagnant points which are behind where we’ve already been. They can never be used to cross a gap, or burst damage to a forward point.

Dark Path reverting to be used as it once was, as a true teleport, just drop the targeting requirement, would solve a lot. Would need to be a bit faster though.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

Did the Karka remind you

in Necromancer

Andele.1306

You know, that was kinda the thing the whole thread was based on, its just i noticed it when i tried to run past 8 karka in a small hallway and they ate 100% LF in half a second...

I assume you mean that suicide cave... I couldn’t run through it even with plague. I got straight dps’d out of it, and then out of LF, and then dead.

Yeah any situation like that is a similar representation to a Necro getting focus fired in PVP. Our main form defense is facetank, our class mechanic is a self degenerating face tank, and even our elite is just a buffed up facetank. How redundant can you get. In a situation like that, stealth is better, RTL is better, invulnerability is better, blink is better, etc.

Even Spectral Walk and Flesh Worm, which gives us pseudo telpeorts, can’t match the above, because their access is limited to a stagnant points which are behind where we’ve already been. They can never be used to cross a gap, or burst damage to a forward point.

Dark Path reverting to be used as it once was, as a true teleport, just drop the targeting requirement, would solve a lot. Would need to be a bit faster though.

Or 2 old traits *cough perma stability in DS and 10% less damage taken in DS, well used to be 33% but thats op*