(Discussion) "Chill Out" Reaper Build (Video)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mysteriax.6049

Mysteriax.6049

From the video description:
Hey guys, today’s video is the culmination of my beta testing today: A reaper build that uses its greatest asset to the fullest degree, the chill condition! This build includes rarely seen sigil and rune choices since chill is rarely the forefront of any build, but in this buildcreates a highly potent combination. But, enough about me. Perhaps you should see the true nightmare for yourself…

Check out the video here!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

Mysteriax.6049

Bump. Hope you guys are having fun this weekend!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

Posted by: DrMundo.2896

DrMundo.2896

How do you actually hit people with the 3rd auto attack on gs?? No really this is an honest question I have yet to get any kills with the gs. :/

in Necromancer

Mysteriax.6049

The big thing that helps us hit our greatsword attacks is the fact that our enemies move 66% slower with chill. This means that you’ll usually be right on top of them most of the time, but even then, you can always not use the 3rd attack on the chain altogether. Because the greatsword is such a slow weapon, it almost makes sense to simply use it for its other skills and not necessarily the auto-attack chain. I’ve done it both ways.
Hope everyone has had a fun beta weekend!

Bad Axxe
Blissful Epidemic [Blis]
Gate of Madness

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

I came here hoping for gameplay.

All of this sounds lovely on paper. In practice, the greatsword doesn’t deliver the chill uptime you seem to be hoping for in any reasonably competitive PvP environment. Myself and many others dearly wish this wasn’t the case.

After the buffs come in, I could see your proposed build being pretty effective. Let’s hope your effort in theory crafting pays off.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

u went overkill in the wrong direction. first of all why reapers onslaught? IT DOESNT WORK. then why curses? chilling darkness was nerfed! why bitter chill? u have enough vuln already! why not the best elite we have? -why not chilling nova- kitten overnerf chillomancer so op.

chill uptime will never happen. every good way of chill has been consistently nerfed and will in the future same as nerfing the condition in general.

also there is no reason to use the current form of the greatsword as its inferior to dagger in every possible way.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140