Discussion of 11/15 Necromancer Changes

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

overall pretty mixed feelings about it just need some sleep and when i wake up tomorrow ill really see the impact it had.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

Since when has that kept channeling outside of DS?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vorz.7952

Vorz.7952

Can someone explain what they mean here about the blood fiend? “and its attack now heals the necromancer for 200% of its previous heal.”

just means it got 200% better healing so normally it gives like 258 now it gives like.. 550 should be 516 but im not complaining.. it still competes with 2 other really strong healing spells tho. but for pve this one should be nice.

Ah of course

I blame the late hour.

in Necromancer

Posted by: haqqa.8194

haqqa.8194

Overall, fine by me, except for lack of stability, but I’m still waiting for Reanimator to get scraped. This is not just useless, especially if you don’t use minions at all, and useless I could live with, but it causes a serious issue I don’t know if it’s been listed before, and some may be aware. (no info from me to non-nec ). Besides, the guardian for instance, doesn’t have a minor that affects spirit weapons, which he/she may or may not use.

And a fix to drop rate on loot would be cool.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

Soul reaping fix is pretty huge, I like that it’s fix. Because Death Shroud mechanics are so shrouded in mystery it’s no surprise it was caught so late. What I would love even more is for someone to dedicate a couple of hours to properly explain DS mechanics because it’s the most obscure profession mechanic. Dev’s hinting that some of the bug’s in the bug thread is working as intended is just teasing.

I would say good patch even though most changes are not that relevant to my build. Considering how it was hyped as a “huge patch” I understand people not being impressed. It is pretty huge on the content side at least. And I feel for Jon Peters – rangers will be going mental considering his earlier post about upcoming changes.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mammoth.1975

Mammoth.1975

Oh yeah, and nerfs to bunkers to the point where power/burst builds will be able to solo them without even using boon removal. Way to kitten on the necros team role.

If you’re not playing to win, don’t complain when you lose.

(edited by Mammoth.1975)

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

Was only really looking for 2 things to get fixed. Soul Reaping effecting LF pool and Gluttony

honestly I would’ve been super content with just getting Gluttony fixed

Rest of the notes were fine I suppose

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ianervan.3415

Ianervan.3415

I was waiting for this patch to decide whether to make a necro or not.

I honestly don’t understand you necros who are satisfied with this patch. To me, this looks like a nerf and not buff.

At the rate they are fixing/balancing stuff, making necro within next two years is IMO not worth it. I’d love to play a “dark” profession, but I think I’ll have to wait for one of the expansions for that.

Unemployed people should not receive any social benefits if they are already working in an MMO.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arvid.3829

Arvid.3829

Now when you cast Dark Path you can’t leave death shroud during it’s cast time or it cancels the skill. Well, I guess that was kind of a bug. But funny as a Dev used that tactic in a post not too long ago

Leaving DS always canceled spells you were still casting. Leaving DS never cancelled spells in flight. Very different things, there.

Nothing broke there, you’re being paranoid. It still works fine, you’re just leaving death shroud too early.

Yeah, noticed this too. Made me smile.
The only thing Anet are good at is trolling their necro playerbase, well maybe two things actually.. being clueless about their own game as well.

You too.

I can second that, this still works.

lot of text lill change i can tell you one thing tho.. bloodfiend healing is pretty good now 574 that doesnt scale with healing for every time he attacks thats not bad thats not bad at all

also dark path seems faster the hand.. could be my imagination and wishful thinking tho. but since they made the staf animation faster.. it wouldnt suprise me this would be a lucky fix too and it got 33% faster.

I believe they made Spectral Grasp faster, not Necrotic Grasp?
Also, mine heals for 614, so it must scale with something or there some other effect in play?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Its ok, was really hoping to see gluttony fixed. That trait is crucial in how we spec necromancers I think.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Grimstein.2176

Grimstein.2176

The bug fixes are not nerfs. They are bug fixes. Did any one think it was supposed to give a blast finisher?

The change to staff one and focus 4 are nice. I just started using the focus in a well dagger build in tourneys and it is great for bunker busting and now it will be better. I am disappointed they didn’t fix the bounce bug for the focus when it is traited for more range. It is annoying to trigger it at 1200 and not get the bounce back. An extra 10% damage for staff one is big for power builds, though i think it should also get a speed boost, it might make it op.

I have rarely used spectral grasp since it is so slow it might be useable now. I don’t think it will fit my current build but maybe in some power spectral build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: barti.7685

barti.7685

Now when you cast Dark Path you can’t leave death shroud during it’s cast time or it cancels the skill. Well, I guess that was kind of a bug. But funny as a Dev used that tactic in a post not too long ago

Leaving DS always canceled spells you were still casting. Leaving DS never cancelled spells in flight. Very different things, there.

Nothing broke there, you’re being paranoid. It still works fine, you’re just leaving death shroud too early.

Yeah, noticed this too. Made me smile.
The only thing Anet are good at is trolling their necro playerbase, well maybe two things actually.. being clueless about their own game as well.

You too.

I can second that, this still works.

lot of text lill change i can tell you one thing tho.. bloodfiend healing is pretty good now 574 that doesnt scale with healing for every time he attacks thats not bad thats not bad at all

also dark path seems faster the hand.. could be my imagination and wishful thinking tho. but since they made the staf animation faster.. it wouldnt suprise me this would be a lucky fix too and it got 33% faster.

I believe they made Spectral Grasp faster, not Necrotic Grasp?
Also, mine heals for 614, so it must scale with something or there some other effect in play?

ah thought they made the staff animation faster since that shares animation with dark path same hand .. ah well the pet doesnt scale iwith anything with me tho maybe you got inflated lvl 80 stats with gear.. i dunno switching to cleric amulet didnt increase the health it gave to me tho nor did bloodthirst.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

I give up on Necro. Only reason I’ll play it now is because it’s my furthest PvE character and I know it’s skills best. I was hoping for healing improvements and a Death Shroud that is actually fun.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

warrior wars II

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Derk.3189

Derk.3189

Lol after all that response from Jon Peters about reanimator, did we see a change? Nope.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vorz.7952

Vorz.7952

Well considering the response the rangers got after last patch and what they got today I don’t think we should be too dissappointed

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arianna.7642

Arianna.7642

Oh, and this gem was sitting in the notes too:
Leeching Venoms: This trait now scales based on the thief’s power

This honestly pisses me off. Complete and utter bullkitten.

Blood Fiend’s heal is scaled with WvW buffs. It doesn’t heal for 600+.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aziff.3248

Aziff.3248

So Plague Signet isn’t fixed

+1600 hours played as Asura Necromancer | Miniature Collector
Pain Killer [pK] | Blacktide EU | PVE: Corruptionmancer | PVP: Support Wellmancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

FYI, Spectral Grasp is about as fast as an elementalist’s fireballs now.

Just in case anyone wants something common to compare it to.

in Necromancer

Arvid.3829

Blood Fiend’s heal is scaled with WvW buffs. It doesn’t heal for 600+.

Yeah, our sever has a 7% increase to healing atm, which explains the difference I saw.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

Lol after all that response from Jon Peters about reanimator, did we see a change? Nope.

When Anet says they’re going to do something, expect the opposite. Remember in beta when they said necros need love? They turned around and nerfed axe into the ground. Remember when Anet said they were going to nerf thief backstab? Dancing Dagger got nerfed instead while leaving backstab untouched. Then everything about rangers.

The developers are obviously not communicating with their teams. They say one thing, and something else completely different happens.

Stuff goes here.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kiriakulos.1690

Kiriakulos.1690

Couple of undocumented changes I noticed.

Necrotic Grasp (Staff 1) Is hitting alot further than 1200 range.

Minions seem to aggro my targets when I use staff Auto attack.

Gluttony was never broken, it’s always been such a small increase no one notices it.
Test it in the mists, count the number of Necrotic Grasp attacks it takes to fill LF pool with and without gluttony, gluttony will decrease from 33 to 32 attacks.

Attrition – A pretty name for taking longer than anyone else to kill something.

in Necromancer

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Couple of undocumented changes I noticed.

Minions seem to aggro my targets when I use staff Auto attack.

Gluttony was never broken, it’s always been such a small increase no one notices it.
Test it in the mists, count the number of Necrotic Grasp attacks it takes to fill LF pool with and without gluttony, gluttony will decrease from 33 to 32 attacks.

wow one full attack less.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

i love how they spend more time on awful underwater combat than major issues. but hey only 2 designers working on classes so we should see meaningful trait and bug fixes by 2014

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

Posted by: hackks.3687

hackks.3687

if that’s the intended design of Gluttony then chalk up another trait as useless…

Also, where are people seeing this buff to Staff 1 AA? I saw a speed increase on Spectral Grasp but not Necrotic Grasp

Hackkz/Riggamaroll
I’ve stayed at this party entirely too long

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andlat Helsonr.1284

Andlat Helsonr.1284

I always assumed gluttony did not give 5% more Life Force as in if a skill gives 10%, gluttony gives 5% more = 15%. I imagined it gave 5% more to the LF already gained by the skill, as in 10% LF gained from skill + .5% from gluttony.

(My explanation is bad and I should feel bad, its almost 3 AM and I need some sleep, hope I managed to explain my point xD.)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

Just a question, is that all that they have for the necro for this 11/15 patch?

Coz I can’t see the patch note atm.

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sprawl.3891

Sprawl.3891

yup

Sprawl – Necro – Eredon Terrace

in Necromancer

Posted by: Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Elmentcius Koronel.6234

Seriously, a lot of Engi and Warrior projectiles are now combo finishers. Necro? Nah, we still only get staff #1… Need more finishers!!!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

yup

Then it is a sad sad day for necros, I know they still had fixed some yet I was really hoping for a major fix/update for necro. Quite disappointing for Anet team, especially for those red posts in this necro community.

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

Feel bad about ranger.

in Necromancer

Unpredictability.4086

Necrotic Grasp (Staff 1) Is hitting alot further than 1200 range..

Yes, this is VERY apparant. Here’s an image comparison I did on it.

UPDATE: My estimation (using another player to help judge distance) puts new Necrotic Grasp at about 1430-1450 range.

(edited by Unpredictability.4086)

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Even if gluttony works, well it doesnt work with all skills. Old blood is power didnt give 21% with gluttony.

And lets say that it does increase it by 5%, its so tiny and small that its pointless and such a horrible designed trait.

Why did they design the class so when their users sit there choosing trait their like “mm no dont want that it sux or do nothing” “nope not that either” “hmm why is there so many on kill traits” “whats this bleed on crit but condition dmg cant crit” “20 toughness for each minion, but i dont want to play with minions….. although it does explain the purpose of first trait…sigh” “might when health reaches 25% OMFG im a super powerhouse when that thing hits”

So many things about the necromancer is just so insanely horrible designed they have 0 synergy and make no sense whatsoever.

Only thing i find slight interesting is the death nova change although hopes are at an all time low now.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nyorai.1630

Nyorai.1630

Well my useless whatever that minion is called at least does not keep me in combat for some time now. I think it use to do that before.

in Necromancer

Arvid.3829

It did this pre-patch aswell.

This is indeed how it SHOULD work: honestly people, who really believes an adept trait would turn our staff 1 into 8% LF/hit? That would make it a better trait than any of our grandmaster ones…

EXCEPT, I tested this before and now after the patch and I can not reproduce what you say Kiriakulos: every hit gives me 3%, never 4 (and never 6 either).

in Necromancer

Posted by: Necronous.2678

Necronous.2678

Ghastly Claws: This skill’s damage has been increased by 10% and updated to indicate the correct life force gained.

Axe Boost … YES

Reaper’s Touch: This skill applies 4 stacks of vulnerability per hit instead of 3.

Focus Boost … YES

Mark of Evasion: This trait is no longer a blast finisher when the mark is created.

Noooo …. as an Axe/Focus user, this was my only finisher that I had. I made a habit of dropping a well, backing up, then rolling into an enemy for Bleed + Blindness Blast. Some obscure reason for removal I’m not aware of?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mazra.1625

Mazra.1625

Hey guys, these patch notes are irrelevant once you’ve mastered Death Shroud.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

The only thing I really wanted was a minion AI fix and nothing. That makes me a sad little necro

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Galrukh.6532

Galrukh.6532

This is kittening disgusting.
They dont fix or improve the class even though it needs it the most, instead they just change wordings so the fact that skills dont work are now a feature and not a bug.
kitten this kitten.

Help build the next big RvR game.
Camelot Unchained is on Kickstarter.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained?ref=live

in Necromancer

Unpredictability.4086

Is it weird that putting 30% into +Plus Life Force trait sets max life force to 87%, not 70%? That’s not how I envisioned it working when I heard about how we could tell when it was working.

in Necromancer

Posted by: GetheartMcLiar.7658

GetheartMcLiar.7658

Leaving DS always canceled spells you were still casting.

How about Life Transfer, m8?

That was a bug.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I was glad to see we got a couple of buffs and fixes, but extremely disappointing that so many other glaring issues remain untouched. Why doesn’t Anet just remove all minion skills and rename us Warlock or Dark Mage or something? Adding to my disappointment is the fact that my ele received some really stupid nerfs for no reason.

Meanwhile the game keeps getting frequent new quests and content no problem. Anet needs to fire the entire balance/bugfix team and hire people that are actually capable of doing their jobs like the creative content team.

in Necromancer

gamefreak.5673

I was glad to see we got a couple of buffs and fixes, but extremely disappointing that so many other glaring issues remain untouched. Why doesn’t Anet just remove all minion skills and rename us Warlock or Dark Mage or something? Adding to my disappointment is the fact that my ele received some really stupid nerfs for no reason.

Meanwhile the game keeps getting frequent new quests and content no problem. Anet needs to fire the entire balance/bugfix team and hire people that are actually capable of doing their jobs like the creative content team.

Or hire more then two of them.

in Necromancer

Posted by: wiazabi.2549

wiazabi.2549

Gluttony still doesnt work ,

Spectral grasp x2 = 20% no gluttony
Spectral grasp x2 = 20% w. gluttony

in Necromancer

Posted by: Antinous.4537

Antinous.4537

Its a weak patch for a class that needs attention. Anet isn’t prioritizing the necromancer instead taking a “fix a bug a month” approach.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Notoriouz.7029

Notoriouz.7029

While it may not be the patch that made the necromancer, I honestly think its a step in the right direction.

I do believe they have some other significant things to balance and fix but overall I am happy with the changes implemented.

in Necromancer

Arvid.3829

Is it weird that putting 30% into +Plus Life Force trait sets max life force to 87%, not 70%? That’s not how I envisioned it working when I heard about how we could tell when it was working.

I would assume something died when you tested this. I was somewhat alarmed because 87% is indeed not what it should be. So I did the test myself and it was 77% for me, which is what it should be (100/130=0,769). That’s how the math works: 100 is not a 30% increase of 70, but a 30% increase of 76,9.

in Necromancer

Posted by: QSpec.4298

QSpec.4298

Almost a full 30 days of being logged out (I did have a moment of weakness during Halloween, but I logged out after only a few minutes).

This is a step in the right direction. This will not be the patch to convince me to log back in.

Necro balance cannot even realistically be discussed with many of our skills and traits not working, absurdly stupid minion AI (no exaggeration, I have played f2p Korean MMOs with better minion AI), and bugs, oh the bugs.

It is a good thing there is no monthly fee. I would have already unsubbed and forgotten this game existed.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Altair.6109

Altair.6109

They had time to change Mark of Evasion to non-finisher, but they did’t have time to give it 3 stacks of bleeding instead of 2. NOT IMPRESSED.

in Necromancer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

CPC doesn’t seem to be changed all all. Still lists poison and weakness tooltip duration’s that are 2-3x longer than they actually are.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net