Do dying minions sound human on purpose...?

in Necromancer

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

I don’t know if it’s all of them or what, but lately I keep hearing this noise like a human female dying/fainting/taking damage or something, and I wasn’t sure why because there were none around (my necro is charr). I thought it was risen at first (not in a risen voice, but they were human and sometimes female, so…) but then just now I logged in, spawned a blood fiend, and got hit by one of those claw-artillery things. So I was like screw it, killed the now-damaged fiend and put an object between me and the claw, but I heard the sound again and I swear nothing else is fighting or dying…

Anyone else noticed this?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Now that you mention it I have heard more female death sounds around when I’m in open world, but I assumed it was just some npc I couldn’t see or one of the enemies I killed had that voice. I will agree though it is definitely a female human voice. Strenge indeed.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

VOs are kinda quite bugged, my norn thief does the asura male attunement swap (have ignition) when she gets burned. Not to mention that Charriors tend to use human female voices on shouts from time to time.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

My flesh golem just yelled like a charr falling off a cliff :v

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Interesting lol.

in Necromancer

LameFox.6349

My flesh golem just yelled like a charr falling off a cliff :v

lol, I noticed that too not long ago actually.

I suppose this may not even be a necro thing, with all the NPCs I’m forever reporting for being incorrectly voiced and the aforementioned warrior thing (charr male warrior seems to make human female sound when dodging or something IME) it seems as though the voices are just awfully broken in general.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

It seems to me voice in general is bugged right now. There’s been several times they jaw flap but no sound comes out, or it’s the wrong sound, or it’s lagged and doesn’t match jaw flap at all. My sound will go out completely except for a few explosion sounds when in dragon fights when there’s massive amounts of people on the screen, so idk what that’s all about. Does it very rarely in wvw, thanks to proper culling options now, but it still happens sometimes.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

One of the male sylvari in the grove greeted me with a female voice when i spoke to him.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Did you pick the Death Nova trait? I’ve noticed that when the poison field is created, it’s sometimes accompanied by noises made by female humans/sylvari when they die from poison.

The minions themselves make noises similar to the base model they were spawned from. Bone Fiends make devourer noises, the Flesh Golem makes Charr noises etc.

in Necromancer

LameFox.6349

^Lately yes, I’ll try blowing up some bone minions without it later and see if it still happens.

And yeah there are sooo many NPCs that incorrectly have male/female voices and the opposite body lol. I’ve started pretending they’re doing it on purpose, it can be pretty amusing.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

One of the male sylvari in the grove greeted me with a female voice when i spoke to him.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Okamakiri.8746

Okamakiri.8746

Working as intended.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Working as intended.

So getting sausage and beans is ok instead of the ordered peach pie?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Necromancer

LameFox.6349

Okay, so not only does this sound come from the poison cloud, it seems to happen even if you just use the falling damage trait. Apparently someone fainting is just… how that sounds…… for some reason.