Does Executioner's Scythe need a buff?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Back in BWE1 the philosophy behind ES seems to be that it becomes stronger than Gravedigger at low HP, but that’s no longer the case since the Gravedigger buff. Now Executioner’s Scythe is weaker than Gravedigger as an Execute regardless of HP.

I would be rather silly to nerf Gravedigger back down so, should ES get a buff to maintain the old philosophy?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KingFarout.1092

KingFarout.1092

Na, It still lets you combo amazing with reaper shroud 2 + 4. All that chill and that mini stun.

You should be using it to start a fight not finish it

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warscythes.9307

Warscythes.9307

In PvE sure, the execution damage should be better than gravedigger at least. Is good in PvP though.

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Na, It still lets you combo amazing with reaper shroud 2 + 4. All that chill and that mini stun.

You should be using it to start a fight not finish it

What he says. It’s not just the damage that makes it better, but the I breakable stun, the pulsing chill field, the combo synergy with RS2 and RS4. While I don’t really agree it should be used at the beginning of a fight, I do agree using it at the right time can really screw people over.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

In PvP I think its pretty reasonable, irremovable stun + chill + field + potentially high damage. PvE it definitely needs lower-HP damage boosts.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I don’t play PvP or WvW much so I’ve no idea how well it works there. Was entirely coming from a PvE perspective.