Does anyone know if [Spiteful Renewal] ...

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

Does anyone know if [Spiteful Renewal] will heal you while in reaper shroud? [Bitter Chill] pairs really well with [Decimate defenses] making that the obvious choice but I have a real hard time dealing with condi removal on the reaper…

(edited by Kadin.2356)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

only lifesteal and unholy sanctuary can heal you through shroud, so no.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

only lifesteal and unholy sanctuary can heal you through shroud, so no.

I know that’s what the wiki says but I’m not sure if that’s the case anymore. I mean look at [Blighter’s Boon]

Gain life force when you gain a boon. If you are in reaper’s shroud, gain health instead.

The tooltip clearly indicates that you gain health while in shroud. Just wondering if that applies to any other abilities as well.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

Basically whatever goes through shroud is whatever ANet has allowed to. Some things don’t that are life steal, like Blood Bond, and some things that aren’t life steal go through, like Blighter’s Boon. It is probably because they have to do it on a case by case basis, and in this case Spiteful Renewal didn’t make the cut, for whatever reason.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Basically whatever goes through shroud is whatever ANet has allowed to. Some things don’t that are life steal, like Blood Bond, and some things that aren’t life steal go through, like Blighter’s Boon. It is probably because they have to do it on a case by case basis, and in this case Spiteful Renewal didn’t make the cut, for whatever reason.

Blood Bond didn’t as well weird.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Necromancer

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

To piggyback on this thread: does parasitic contagion work in DS as well?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

To piggyback on this thread: does parasitic contagion work in DS as well?

Nope.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread