Does "fast cast" feature really worth using for Necromancer?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Avalanzhe.5761

Avalanzhe.5761

As the title said, is it really worth using?

Vaahlenaz Bloodlich – Charr Necromancer

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

If you are referring the thing in options for ground targeting I don’t use it but its really up to preference. I find it more important that my marks and wells land exactly where I want them. If you are precise with the mouse then it would be worth it, each spell would save you a fraction of a second and every second counts in pvp.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karther.7481

Karther.7481

I use it. Once I knew how big my AoEs were it sped things up considerably.

Rhelex – 80 Asura Necromancer
Time To Leave [GTFO] – a WvW Guild
Piken Square server

in Necromancer

Avalanzhe.5761

Actually I did used it for sometime now yet there are things like an uneven terrain or a certain camera angle in a slope that makes it harder to accurately land your marks/aoe, sometimes landing it at the back of your targets, and during heavy clashes with a lot of graphics, sometimes I have a hard time finding my cursor lol..

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

I generally have my right click mouse almost always held in to move the camera and that makes the mouse invisible so it makes fast cast too difficult and inconvienent for me.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phace.3567

Phace.3567

I don’t use it just because I can’t get used to it. Specially when moving at the same time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thanos.2970

Thanos.2970

For me it is a must have feature in PvP. You are easily twice as fast with the feature active. This is especially import for your staff marks because I want to place them as fast as possible an then switch the weapon. You can still place the ground targets very precisely with some training.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Carrioncrow.6872

Carrioncrow.6872

I can’t imagine not using it honestly.

Once you get the hang of it (If your new to that type of style) you will realize how fast it speeds up your ability to react, fight, and cast abilities.

Normally with out this feature when you cast, you click the button select where you want the targeted AOE to land then click again.

I click the button and already have the next attack que’d up.

It makes a big difference, I would recommend everyone learning to use it if you want to push your game further.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aireroth.7596

Aireroth.7596

I personally like it. My gameplay feels much smoother after getting used to it. I did try “double-casting” (press 2 → move mouse with circle to correct place → press 2 again) but it felt slow and clumsy. And as I keep using the fast cast (I use staff quite often + practiced with ground-targeted wells in the past), the times I miss the location I was aiming for is getting lower and lower. I also use right-mousekey for movement and yes, the cursor disappears. But I usually try to set it in the same place, so I can fast-cast marks while circle-strafing someone, too. Just a matter of personal preference and some practice. : >

Edge Of Sanity [MAD] – Gandara

in Necromancer

Posted by: Airuzu.4213

Airuzu.4213

I haven’t been able to use it >.> Because i’ve been a naughty necro and I use hotkeys half the time and mouseclicks half the other :< It’s a bad habit to break. Like using the mouse buttons when platforming.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aga.8641

Aga.8641

I always have fast ground targeting on for my necro, it’s the only class where I couldn’t imagine PvPing without it turn on. It makes so much of a difference for me, but as others have said it’s all about personal preferences.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

Those that use it in wvw: I feel it would be hard to throw off up on walls.

At the moment I pull up a well or so and target then move forward untill it is in range, then pull it off and back away. Best way to avoid getting hit back. I would have a hard time to get away with this with instant cast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Karther.7481

Karther.7481

Riz, you just spam the key whilst moving forward until it goes with fast casting

Rhelex – 80 Asura Necromancer
Time To Leave [GTFO] – a WvW Guild
Piken Square server

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

makes strafing so much easier. i hold my right mouse button down a lot which makes two click that much more difficult. It is also easier to simply spam all four marks on a place quickly if I just need to click the button once down the line.

grenades are also a lot easier in my opinion with fast cast. I was being thrown off with double clicking and I would be switching nades without actually tossing the previous grenade. It becomes worse once you get used to just clicking and being done with it.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dolleater.8304

Dolleater.8304

I used it for awhile, not any more though. I didnt get the same micro control as having it turned off and at the same time i didnt gain any real speed from it.

Sure, if you want to put all marks in the same place in 0.5s its probably good, havent found a good reason for doing that though (each mark has its place imo).

Mind you i only sPvP with my necro.

in Necromancer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

1. is such a short cool down I pop that as often as it comes off, kiting just far enough ahead so that I can get the regen off of it. You can keep regen up 24/7 in combat this way.
  1. and #4 work amazingly in conjunction with each other as often as possible. I only use #4 when #3 is up unless mob is about to die (#4 does an okay smack). #3 sets off a field which #4 finishes. Area weakness for all mobs caught, makes the regen spamming off of #2 that much more powerful as it reduces damage coming in from everything chasing.
  1. is the only one I retain for use in emergencies.

Most matchups start with 2-3-4 layed down quickly on top of each other to stack condition quickly, I cycle through marks then on as needed, 2 and 3 used right off cooldown to keep myself regenerating and enemy chilled for control and poison to make sure he stays down.

Since i spend most of my time kiting just ahead of stuff Fast cast is easy because everything is following me into demise at just the right distance, never have to move mouse. Works best in PvE. WvW doesn’t matter where you cast it in zerg, you garunteed to hit lots of people. I’ll be honest I don’t much much PvP experience outside of WvW. It will most definitely be different against enemies who can actually think outside the box in attacking me and move in less than predictable ways.

Also helps that I typically keep staff out as regen, again, is quite nice and can be shared with allies close enough to benefit, and cool downs come off fast enough that it is never really an issue. Also play it shorter range except in WvW so that I can benefit off of the regen, makes targeting much easier with fast cast.

Only time I switch out is against bosses which is sceptor so i can stack the conditions quickly. I have it paired with focus so that it very much acts the same as my staff in conditions applied except in a more single target fashion as opposed to AoE.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ninein.4782

Ninein.4782

I use this feature all the time. My eye now can pick up where the cursor is at all times even in chaotic WvW battle. What I do is just wiggle the mouse if I lose sight and then it’s just mouse placement then click.

Ninein
-Maguuma

in Necromancer

Avalanzhe.5761

I was using this since my necro was a lowbie, but after a while I’m having dilemma now in WvW judging the distance with an uneven terrain while under pressure and also if there is a way to make the cursor more visible at heavy clashes with a lot of skill graphics.

But I guess I have to train my eye to be able to pick-up where my cursor was or where did it was before I hold my right click.