in Necromancer

Posted by: Flarre.4850

Flarre.4850

Signets don’t corrupt boons anymore with the trait.RIP

Does noone notice the "signet" nerf

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Or grant might. Kinda wrecked my power pvp build using plague sig for not only condi transfer but boon corrupt, might generation and healing/lf gain from blighters boon.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

They only want scourge to be able to corrupt …

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

But you get 3% death shroud per 3 seconds in death shroud when you equip signet of undeath /s

Also pulling 2 condis to yourself in death shroud when death shroud has zero condi removal means this trait is actully just bad with plague signet. Locust it is bad with too. And spite is 270 power. So yeh, bad all around except the heal I guess but that has an icd so it is bad too. Getting spiked for 7k by a thief and heal for 500 = no.

All in all that trait is now complete trash

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

@ OP: Did you read the patchnotes?

They mentioned that they weren’t happy with the collision of signet and Spiteful Spirit Grandmaster both targeting boon corruption. That’s why they buffed Spiteful Spirit to 2 corrupts and reworked the signet Grandmaster to some other functionality.

This is reasonable and one of the (very few!) better changes of the patch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

So yeh, bad all around except the heal I guess but that has an icd so it is bad too. Getting spiked for 7k by a thief and heal for 500 = no.

All in all that trait is now complete trash

Its how trading with Arenanet goes.

We wanted passive effect in shroud and maybe more healing on our krap version healing signet… THEYRE LISTENING <3

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: ZombieSlayeR.8702

ZombieSlayeR.8702

Why would you give spiteful spirit more boon corrupt than weakening shroud in the first place. Spite shouldnt be about corrupts anyways.
If you need to give it corrupts atleast leave signets alone :v

~Nefras~

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

They mentioned that they weren’t happy with the collision of signet and Spiteful Spirit Grandmaster both targeting boon corruption. That’s why they buffed Spiteful Spirit to 2 corrupts and reworked the signet Grandmaster to some other functionality.

This is reasonable and one of the better changes of the patch.

We all get it but dont play devils advocate too much.

What matter is results.
Results that poeple will play for next 2 years with their balance speed.

And the results are like above said, laughable.
its a trade of crucial corrupt effect for micropenis stat gains. 9x might VS. 170 healing power

the road to hell is pawed with good intentions

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

This is reasonable and one of the (very few!) better changes of the patch.

Eh just because anet says that is why they’re doing something doesn’t make it good reasoning for making the change.

Buffs to signets are welcome, they had fallen far out of favor in the meta recently. Anet just removed the only reason you would ever take this trait in a pvp environment though. One of my primary builds recently has been an viper signet build that focused on direct boon removal as a sort of “sniper” boon corrupt build. The build is now gutted to uselessness. There is no longer any reason to take the signets trait because it doesn’t really offer anything outside of (maybe) a pve environment (even then you’d just take the +dmg mod).

I was looking forward to playing around with a signet boon corrupt scourge build, but that is now out of the window. The signets corrupt trait opened up some build diversity that now just got taken away. This is a very bad change imo and makes necro signets now (outside of plague signet) tied with guardian signets as some of the most useless utilities in the game.

Spiteful spirit buff is nice and all, but the targeted boon corrupt and further range offered by the signet corrupts aspect has no alternative.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Its just drasticall cut down on build choices.

Signets were always PVP focused so the corrupt effect makes sense.

Basically RIP power&condi signet builds on metabattle.
Maybe coruptions next so only elite utilitys are viable?

in Necromancer

Posted by: KrHome.1920

KrHome.1920

Well I like the new Spiteful Spirit. It doubles the chance to corrupt might to weakness.

After Speed of Shadows and Vital Persistence nerf (two traits I used in EVERY build for 5 years now!) I take every oppportunity for sustain I can get.

It is like it is. We have to deal with the crap the patch served to us.

in Necromancer

Flumek.9043

Its must pick now.

The alernative went from possible to ohgodplzno.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Its must pick now.

The alernative went from possible to ohgodplzno.

And now let’s wait with held breath to see how shades interact with spiteful spirit, path of corruption and weakening shroud. If they don’t, well goodbye any reason to take curses or spite in PvP environments (ok exaggeration but it would really limit what traits are worthwhile).

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer