Does this make sense?

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genophix.3098

Genophix.3098

Heya guys,

So I have 5 characters. Main is a Mez and then I also have an Asuran Ele, Char Warrior, Sylvari Thief and a Norn Ranger.

So I’m now trying to decide what Proff next and with what race. Ive been thinking of doing a Norn Necro so I can then do Asuran Guardian and Char Engi.

So my question is does a Norn Necromancer make sense? I’m no expert but what I’ve seen so far is suggests the Norn would be very opposed to Necromancy. I think it fits in my head because of the cold environments etc but what do you guys think?

Cheers

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ll be Frank, It’s too close to get a lot of replies since its so close to the patch still, so that’s what is really on most peoples’ minds. However, try not to worry so closely to lore. There are outcasts and weirdos amongst any race/group or what ever. So one of the big guys was an introvert and seeing so much blood and flesh from hunt after hunt he becomes morbid. Who’s going to question it? I say if you can make it work in your head, it works!

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Why do you care? It’s your character, if you want to make a norn necro make one.

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Probably a better question for the Lore forums imo.

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Probably a better question for the Lore forums imo.

Probably is – At least the Norn forum.

Still, I’d say that I cannot think of a single reason that a Norn necromancer doesn’t make sense. Norn aren’t adverse to magic, and tend to be squeamish about nothing: I seriously doubt they’d find a study of death any more distasteful than a typical human.

Edit: As sorrow points out, Raven is strongly associated with the spirits of the dead and the underworld.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

(edited by Softspoken.2410)

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: sorrow.2364

sorrow.2364

If I’m not wrong, raven acolytes are all Necros, so yes, Norn Necro makes sense.

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

My Necro is Norn, and it never disappointed me. There’s some nice face options for Norn, and the green ‘Jalaponesos’ (or something like it, the basic necro dye color) really fits in nicely for necromancer, more so then humans i think.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Does this make sense?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

Yes, Norn necromancers (and mesmers) tend to be followers of Raven, who is associated with death and trickery. The Raven Havroun is a necromancer.