Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Doom & Gloom means a general feeling of pessimism or despondency.

I think we as necros should stop displaying that.

I believe that Anet will buff necro’s sustain considerably this time. We will truly become the king of attrition.

Also I can’t wait for them to reveal the signet buffs. Signets are already very OP and with all the new signet trait buffs, we are going to crush all before us.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

Doom & Gloom means a general feeling of pessimism or despondency.

I think we as necros should stop displaying that.

I believe that Anet will buff necro’s sustain considerably this time. We will truly become the king of attrition.

Also I can’t wait for them to reveal the signet buffs. Signets are already very OP and with all the new signet trait buffs, we are going to crush all before us.

Signets are OP… since when? There is like one good Signet which even got a nice nerf already (Signet of Spite : gives power but causes condis on active. Now with condi dmg changes this changed from questionable to bad design), Plague Signet is bad because we have like 2 transfers and 2 cleanses and it is not like we are Mallyx revenants that get immunity against condis with every 0 cd utility so with the new condi changes we can go die in seconds (and it is not like we can disable it either, exc ept for activating it, , and in return the transfer isn’t going to be up when your allies need it), Signet of locust is only good for the passive speedboost which other classes get via trait, and singet of Vampirism is “meh” and should be stealing on hit, not when getting hit. And, to add insult to injury, all of them stop working in DS so we don’t even reap the benefits 30-50% of the time, depending on build.

Other classes signets are good. Necro’s not so much.

But hey, maybe we will finally see Signet-passives working in DS. That could be an awesome buff.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

(edited by Shiki.7148)

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xom.9264

Xom.9264

A dose of reality is needed go to a dueling server, see what decent players on other classes can do.

Nothing necros has is OP, they are not a part of the top PvP teams.

Xomox ~Human Necro/Engineer ET

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

The signets are all right…but they are most certainly not OP.

Signets of undeath is weird…imho I think it should be scrapped and replaced.

Signet of spite is not bad for a quick considered burst but should be reduced to 45 seconds.

Signet of the locust has potential for lifesteal builds so we will have to see what is going on with the blood magic changes but I think the passive should combine with a minor trait just like elementalists received. Then make a new passive for the signet.

Plague signet is not bad at all but can be really really punishing if you happen to steal that tick of burning when you are really low HP or if you are being chased and steal someone’s immobilize…imho I think all self inflicting conditions need to be removed from necromancer skills because let’s face it, necromancer is one of the most unforgiving classes, we CANNOT mess up in a fight or we are done for.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Necromancer is marginally good at two things; condition management, and doing short range dps while soaking up massive amounts of damage.

So far, the balance patch has discussed spamming boons and conditions beyond what Necromancer is currently able to manage, giving immunity to mobility-reducing conditions, and increasing ranged damage and condition options.

Without some miracle job rework, other professions will kite Necromancer and laugh as the profession struggles to cleanse. A lot of the changes poke at Necromancer’s weakest points.

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Just a little reminder.

Anet did say, when they showed us the signet master grandmaster, that our signets will get a “rework”, so chances are they will be better then what they are now.

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

I’m tired of being optimistic I shall be realistic from now on I need playable proof not visual not verbal no more hopes. They are delaying my possible “3 more years to go” that YouTube video needs to hurry up.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Moonlit.6421

Moonlit.6421

Well I’ll be lol, a positive post on necro forums. Glad to see some people can still find good in an enjoy the clkittens off to yah. ;3

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

My build is completely messed up now. I had an idea of where to take it after the initial reveal, but now they screwed it over at every turn. Even the backup plans for it were also screwed.

Guess I’ll just have to make a different build as my standard build…

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Necro has been destroyed. Path of corruption and terror competing for trait spots = the end of condi necro. Increase the cd of a heal which isnt good at all (consume conditions) = the final straw that breaks necro. You wont kill anything without terror and path to corruption. Its over. gg. The condition class got owned by anet

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lordrosicky.5813

Lordrosicky.5813

Have fun getting blinded every 3 seconds by eles or getting hit for 15k out of stealth by thieves and mesmers!!! haha.

Character: Henry rank million/Duke Henry
Necromancer/Casual Warrior
[Team] Best WvW guild of all time. EASILY.

Doom & Gloom

in Necromancer

Posted by: Harrier.9380

Harrier.9380

Have fun getting blinded every 3 seconds by eles or getting hit for 15k out of stealth by thieves and mesmers!!! haha.

Didn’t you get the memo? Thieves decided starting tommorow they’ll all practice spamming #3 on s/d.

“Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit,
because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure.”