Double Dagger

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stavross.8362

Stavross.8362

Hey,

Returned to GW2 after 2 years and i’m still catching up to speed with the new additions. I see condimancer is being favoured. My necro atm is set up for P/V/T double dagger which back in the day was a real strong build especially in WvWvW, is it still a viable build or has it been destroyed?

Cheers

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tim.6450

Tim.6450

It is destroyed.

EverythingOP

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Double dagger was never viable for necros. Warhorn or focus was always the better offhand for mainhand dagger.

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

D/D was not meta but hell it was fun & viable. it was often described as the best non meta build. It had tournament results too, just more of a planB counterpick.

Focus tho never had 2 different poeple from top thousand wielding it at same point in time.
Idk how much its worth now.

p.s.
yes dd is trash now for those wondering. Like any necro build your rellying on the stupidity and mistakes of enemy….yes pvp is dead so theres lots of stupid monkeys to farm, just objective review of the state.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

(edited by Flumek.9043)

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Muchacho.2390

Muchacho.2390

Ok focus may be debateble but warhorn was always superior to offhand dagger when combined with mainhand dagger. I agree it was fun to run d/d heck even now i sometimes try to make it work but it was never a optimal choice.

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I think, and correct me if I am wrong, off-hand dagger simply lost a lot of utility as condition clears proliferated. It is now only good when transferring multiple strong conditions.

I would like to see damage scaled way up or more powerful CC added to both skills.

Dark Pact on main hand got buffed with an added corruption – probably because imob by itself was also too easily cleared. I still think it is too weak, though.

Double Dagger

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stavross.8362

Stavross.8362

Ah that’s a shame. Loved running in and mowing people down. I will read up and respect I guess.. goodbye toughness and power build

Cheers all