Downed State Build?

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rav.9475

Rav.9475

Hi,

With the changes to FitG and the fixes to downed State I was wondering if there was a troll build we could use.

I came up with this.

I have no idea if it is viable – what do people think?

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Targuil.3741

Targuil.3741

Needs more minions.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
I think I should remove this quote given the recent developement.

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Rav.9475

Hmm I guess for sPvP you could go that route but I was thinking WvW – Minions just die too fast in WvW…

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

I guess wells could do the job.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Rav.9475

It’s was only semi serious – I’ll see if I can get the gear and give it a shot – just for the abuse I will get if for no other reason!

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Targuil.3741

Is anyone playing necromancer even serious anymore?

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Is anyone playing necromancer even serious anymore?

I restarted playing condition with Plague and siphoning but meh healing not working in DS is bugging me. I feel like those fixes are an excuse for that as well since necro is known for some what of a strong downed state.

The Dhuumfire thread

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I’m glad they got fixed, but the fact that necros had 16 traits lacking basic functionality for 2.5 years is an unfortunate commentary on the developer attention we get.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

It’s pretty pathetic that we’re so far at wit’s end now that we’re considering downed state builds as potentially viable.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

I’m glad they got fixed, but the fact that necros had 16 traits lacking basic functionality for 2.5 years is an unfortunate commentary on the developer attention we get.

the traits worked before the feature pack that broke FotM. so its been ~6-8 months

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

the traits worked before the feature pack that broke FotM. so its been ~6-8 months

Actually, I don’t think they did. I don’t recall Chill of Death ever proccing when I was downed, for example, and I don’t recall Vampiric healing me either.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Actually, I don’t think they did. I don’t recall Chill of Death ever proccing when I was downed, for example, and I don’t recall Vampiric healing me either.

well not all but all the lifesteal ones and Fotm did

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

well not all but all the lifesteal ones and Fotm did

Did they? There’s no way to tell if Flesh of the Master kept working, as the minions would retain the boosted health even if you summoned them and swapped out the trait. The only minions you could summon while downed were from killing something, which would rally you.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It wasn’t possible to test FotM working when it immediately killed all your minions when you were downed, lol.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zefrost.3425

Zefrost.3425

I’m thinking 4/0/6/4 minion build traited with deaths embrace and taking death nova will be the (new?) necromancer meta… though it kinda was at some point before as far as soloQ/hotjoin goes.

But now minion builds have been mega buffed! Even if they manage to kill you, you will destroy them while in downed state.

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jelzouki.4128

Jelzouki.4128

Chill of death used to proc in downstate already.

http://strawpoll.me/3648686/r Queue for PvP from any map. Vote Here. Zojoel [ASAP Zerg]

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Ran full zerker mm with all downstate traits pack runes and air fire sigils yesterday. R I d I c u l o u s. I ressed myself hundreds of times yesterday.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Downed state new meta.

A little embarrassing but I did actually take 50% more damage in downed state on my power assassins build in pvp. It made more of a difference in close 1v1 fights than any other spite minor trait ever seemed to, especially against other glass specs. Oh and the rage that comes from a kill like that… lead to some good times.

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jayce.5632

Jayce.5632

It’s pretty pathetic that we’re so far at wit’s end now that we’re considering downed state builds as potentially viable.

Grenth, if dead, must be turning in his grave.

i7-6700K – M.2 PCIe 512GB R/W:2500/1500MB/s
GTX 980M – SSD 512GB R/W:550/520MB/s
17.3" 1080p – 32GB 2400MHz DDR4

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

Grenth, if dead, must be turning in his grave.

I mirror these thoughts, though for character sake, a necro that wins in down state does technically make sense.

WE JUST CANT BE KILLED…

I jest..

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

I’m thinking 4/0/6/4 minion build traited with deaths embrace and taking death nova will be the (new?) necromancer meta… though it kinda was at some point before as far as soloQ/hotjoin goes.

But now minion builds have been mega buffed! Even if they manage to kill you, you will destroy them while in downed state.

It might be tried out, and then people will realize why no one plays MM anyway, and they will all go back to whatever other necro build they used to play.

MM builds were definitely buffed though, as far as downed state goes. But the builds that were already destroying MM are still in the meta, and these changes will make no difference in our 1v1/2v2 against them. Pair that with AI issues and MM still won’t be meta.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I found it guys, it’s THE build… I can already feel the angry PM’s ^^
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fRAQNAodWjM00WbTNe1webibBZ6lPnCdgBvo6MA-TJBFwACOBA12foaZAAPAAA

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I sense a downed state nerf coming.

Imagine if we could just pop a present from Scarlett and go on the offensive in WvW.

Downed State Build?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Forsaker.9213

Forsaker.9213