Downed state: we are the worste

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Hello everyone,

What do you think about downed skill of necromancer? IMHO, we are really bad(talking about the most important skills…2 and 3). Think about this:

- Warrior: 1 area interrupt, vengeance
- Guardian: 1 area interrupt, 1 healing area
- Thief: 1 teleport (impossibile to secure stomp), 1 stealth (impossibile to secure stomp)
- Elementalist: vapor form (impossibile to secure stomp), 1 immobilized area
- Ranger: 1 interrupt, 1 resurrection from pet
- Engi: 1 single interrupt, 1 area interrupt
- Mesmer: 1 teleport (impossibile to secure stomp), 1 source of damage

- Necromancer: 1 fear, poison ( -_-)

What do you think about it?

in Necromancer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

You can easily stomp a thief with any shadowstep/blink of your own. Engis is probably the worst, followed by mesmers, thieves, and then necro, depending on the situation obviously. At least for a power necro, 1 and 3 hit like a truck, and a fear is still better than the engi’s pull.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

I think necros actually deal the most damage in downed state out of all classes.

The warrior’s interrupt is not aoe, so their’s and the engi’s is arguably worse than ours.

The only thing I really don’t like about our downed state is how we cast Fetid Ground without a target: 900 units away from us in whatever direction the character happens to be facing. It should be made zero range by default without target, then I’d be rather happy.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

For a troll build, death’s embrace is insane. If a zerker downs you and doesnt use blinds/stealth to secure the stomp you can usually down and kill them in downed state.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dany Little Star.2837

Dany Little Star.2837

Thank for your reply. My point was not on power necro but more general.

Maybe yes…Mesmer are worste, bit imho engi is better than us.

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its not too bad. But i have always felt that the fear should be AOE coming from the necro. Similar to the guardians push back.

It used to be a lot worse when you couldnt switch targets while still channeling life leech.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

This has really bothered me too.

The fear which can be stun broke or condo cleansed is the only defense we have. Necromancers are just stomp bait. The other two skills are pretty bad/useless.

The only one even near as bad as the necromancer is the engineer, because that pull does them no favors.

I think The real problem is downed Traits. Necomancer has a bunch of them (much more than other classes) and on a 6/6/6/6/6 build taking all of the downed trait, the down state might get up to average. But nobody takes these, so these should be merged or given to necromancer as a default.

PS. Ranger has the best downed state. The pet remains fully functional, meaning you can get up to three additional interrupts just from the pet, in addition to the #2 daze (which cleaves).

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sors Immani.8429

Sors Immani.8429

I generally have an easier time rallying as a necro compared to other classes. 1 and 3 can hit fairly hard, and from my experience, if I’m downed and I down my opponent, as long as I have 1/4 to 1/3 of the downed health bar left I will defeat them and rally (provided, of course, that no one else interferes).

My guardian seems to be stomp fodder once downed. The knockback is easily countered and my healing doesn’t kick in until 3 is off CD.

Now, if we could still command a minion once downed, that’d be great. I’m sure we all would love to be able to FGC the player trying to stomp us

Homeworld: Dragonbrand—Necro main Sors Immani, leader of Ripple Effect [RE]
aka Thalakos Dralnu, Voxt Umultus, and Jalis Haafingar.
Vulgarity is no substitution for wit.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

Hello everyone,

What do you think about downed skill of necromancer? IMHO, we are really bad(talking about the most important skills…2 and 3). Think about this:

- Warrior: 1 area interrupt, vengeance
- Guardian: 1 area interrupt, 1 healing area
- Thief: 1 teleport (impossibile to secure stomp), 1 stealth (impossibile to secure stomp)
- Elementalist: vapor form (impossibile to secure stomp), 1 immobilized area
- Ranger: 1 interrupt, 1 resurrection from pet
- Engi: 1 single interrupt, 1 area interrupt
- Mesmer: 1 teleport (impossibile to secure stomp), 1 source of damage

- Necromancer: 1 fear, poison ( -_-)

What do you think about it?

Unless something has changed that I’m not aware, I’m petty sure that if a downed thief uses their stealth (and doesn’t teleport) while you’re in the process of stomping them, if you let the animation finish, you will still stomp the thief.

Anyway, I always felt the warrior was the worst, at least in keeping yourself alive. Sure, Vengeance can be devastating, but unless you trait for it (and I don’t think many warriors do) even if you succeed in downing your opponent, you are still going to be dead 75% of the time.

in Necromancer

Posted by: zapv.8051

zapv.8051

Necros downed state is the worst by a ways. Good engis won’t pull the person unless they are stomping, and the second interrupt is great. If your comparing warriors, you have to realize their 2 skill is basically the same as ours except it can’t be condition cleared. Then realize vengeance allows them to deal way more damage then our 3 skill ever could. At the same time it gives them a chance to rez, which makes their downstate way better than ours. Every other classes is pretty obviously better than ours.

Necros don’t have reflects, invulns, vigor, blocks,
extra dodges, real stability, mobility skills,
burst skills, sustain, or good support. GG ANET.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I think necro down state is one of the tankiest because of the siphoning #1. It still heals when our #4 is interrupted.

However we have nothing against stomp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I generally have an easier time rallying as a necro compared to other classes. 1 and 3 can hit fairly hard, and from my experience, if I’m downed and I down my opponent, as long as I have 1/4 to 1/3 of the downed health bar left I will defeat them and rally (provided, of course, that no one else interferes).

My guardian seems to be stomp fodder once downed. The knockback is easily countered and my healing doesn’t kick in until 3 is off CD.

Now, if we could still command a minion once downed, that’d be great. I’m sure we all would love to be able to FGC the player trying to stomp us

Unless if you face a ranger.

in Necromancer

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Engineer down state is plain awful; almost like it’s not there. Thief has a good one, and ranger is pretty good, and infamously annoying underwater.

Necro downstate isn’t that great, though the leech can actually win those oh so rare downed wars or if your enemy has a sliver of health left when they down you.

It’s the combination of a lack of escape skills plus a so-so down state that makes it frustrating to play a necro when things have gone south.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

In some ways the necro healing off of skill 1 is negative. If I’m downed in pvp and the opposing team is letting me die off point, I can’t even auto attack someone because it makes me useless to the team longer. So yes it is good in some instances, but bad in others.

in Necromancer

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I agree with op necro downed is the worst. We have nothing to 4sure interrupt a stomp like theif/mes/ele and our 1 interrupt is single target, can be los, and stability/stealthed/blocked/blind to avoid. While this can be said for war and engi too. Engi technically has 2 interrupts and warrior has vengeance which imo 1 ups necro downed state.The leech seems really weak. I can be spamming 1 on other downed players and our health stays near the same as he spams 1 on me too. I was never a fan of aoe circle like fetid ground in pvp. People can just walk out of it if they need to, and it cant save u from mid stomp like engi 3 skill can.

in Necromancer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Mesmers and thieves’ downed ability #2 doesn’t save them for a stomp, though. You can stomp an ele after mist form but it requires perfect timing, except if you’re lucky and he has quickness on. Just sayin’

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Necromancer

Posted by: osiris.4623

osiris.4623

Minion master can put out a an impressive amount of damage while downed, because the minions keep on swinging when down. This means that unlike many classes that are in danger of being ignored while down, we MUST be stomped.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

Only if we actually have minions out, even then they arent doing crazy damage. A common practice in pvp people do to me all the time is to just leave me there to die every now and then coming back to wack me a few times just to make sure I can’t get back up. It has gotten to the point I don’t use 4 or 1 unless there is a large teamfight near me.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

I kinda want to go MM with the downed trait just so you get the explosion from Death Nova, your minions, extra downed damage, etc etc. Just to see how high those numbers can go.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in Necromancer

Posted by: Wolf.5816

Wolf.5816

As far as I knew Engineer has always had the undisputed worse downed state of all professions.

Only their Downstate actually has the ability to assist your opponents in stomping you.

Even the Mesmers downed state can buy time due to its random placement. Even if you juke them into going invisible while you channel the stomp. Their Assassin Phantasm also does an obscene amount of burst and can drop any glass cannon build with relative ease.

I don’t really see the argument here as Necromancer is one of the best, particularly if you down an opponent around the same time you go down. Unless your fighting a Ranger you will likely win through sustain alone. Not to mention the fear, though highly telegraphed has no travel time and cannot be interfered/intercepted by obstacles/pets or players.

Veteran of The Mists & Professional Engineer
Dingo King-Hound King-Coyoti King-Thylacine King-Hyena King

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

You will lose to a theif, a ranger, a mesmer, and a warrior.

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

@wolf You seem to be thinking in terms of 1vs1 where necros are indeed strong, but the only thing that actually matters with downed state is if you can prevent a stomp in a teamfight. In that regard necros are far and away the worst. Also, engi downed state isn’t nearly as bad as people say it is. Unless you waste the pull on a non stomp then the 2 skill is as good as necros. The 3 skill is way better.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

@wolf You seem to be thinking in terms of 1vs1 where necros are indeed strong, but the only thing that actually matters with downed state is if you can prevent a stomp in a teamfight. In that regard necros are far and away the worst. Also, engi downed state isn’t nearly as bad as people say it is. Unless you waste the pull on a non stomp then the 2 skill is as good as necros. The 3 skill is way better.

Engi #2 skill is horrible. It is used in the same way as Necro #2, but keeps the enemy right on us instead of sending them away. Something that is horrible when a teammate is trying to revive you. And we never live long enough to use our #3 skill. The #3 skill takes forever to be available and then has a crazy long cast time and animation. Not mention our #1 skill is completely useless, unlike Necro #1 skill that does respectable damage with a small life siphon on it.

Then traits, we can have bandages with a 25% damage increase to a wet noodle attack. Useless again. Necro can get 50% damage increase on an already strong attack and also a fear when downed thought it is in another trait. This two traits help either Power Necro or Terror Necro.

So trust me, having played both, Engi is worse. However, after patch when they change our downed trait then that will most likely no longer be the case. But until then, Engi is rock bottom.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

zapv.8051

I have an 80 engi, so you dont need to tell me what the downed states do. In my opinion having 2 interrupts is better than having one. Also, if you take any of the on down traits your wasting a slot anyway so why even consider that. The #2 skills on both suck, but I agree engis is worse. The thing is though the engi 3 skill makes up for that. The aoe interrupt is way better than the added damage necros get.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I have an 80 engi, so you dont need to tell me what the downed states do. In my opinion having 2 interrupts is better than having one. Also, if you take any of the on down traits your wasting a slot anyway so why even consider that. The #2 skills on both suck, but I agree engis is worse. The thing is though the engi 3 skill makes up for that. The aoe interrupt is way better than the added damage necros get.

Well you are entitled to your own opinion of course, but it is just that. The Necro’s down state still out-performs the engineers however until this next patch for reasons I have already outlined.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Necro down is nearly the same as guardian. An easily counterable 2 skill and a worthless 3.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Downed is far better on Necro than it was before the developers realized our downed health was a fraction of other professions. I think it works well. The siphon, along with a fear and poison, is fair.