Dragons and Marks

Dragons and Marks

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

Hey Everyone, Did a quick search and didn’t see the answer to this question out there. When you’re fighting a dragon, where do you place your marks (and I’m assuming that dragons to trigger marks, maybe that should have been the first question)? I don’t usually play conditions, so staff is my go-to for range when fighting (obv I use DS as well, but don’t necessarily want to get into stabin’ range) and I’ll be wailing away on the dragon (meaning auto-attack #1) dropping marks at the dragons feet and i’m just not sure if they’re even getting triggered. So, what do you do – drop the marks at the feet, aim for the ground center of mass, other??

Dragons and Marks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

Dragons are basically buildings. They don’t trigger the marks. And in fact none of those big world bosses will trigger marks. They act like a weapon rack.

Dragons and Marks

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

Dragons are basically buildings. They don’t trigger the marks. And in fact none of those big world bosses will trigger marks. They act like a weapon rack.

Geeze, that’s horrible… I suspected it, but man, that’s ridiculous…. so, I guess 1111111DS111111DS then. Thanks for the heads up… freakin’ ridiculous.

Dragons and Marks

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Yeah, it’s weird. There’s been a discussion a while ago about how illogical mark-triggering is sometimes.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Why-don-t-marks-trigger-on-downed-players/

When fighting against dragons there are so many people that it doesn’t really matter as long as you get the reward. So auto attacking is usually enough.
You can however place a mark on top of another npc that is standing close to a dragons foot. Once the mark is triggered it also effects all the targets that marks wouldn’t trigger on in the first place.

Dragons and Marks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gilwe.9267

Gilwe.9267

I hope this will one day get a fix, since dragons aren’t supposed to be objects/buildings, but living creatures like any other standard mob.

Dragons and Marks

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

For Shatterer and Tequatl, you’ll have to wait until one if it’s minions is close to the dragon foot to drop your mark so that it hits both.

Jormag minions don’t get close so marks won’t work.

You’re better off using dagger,axe and DS#4 against dragons. If you place yourself in the middle of the feet-head triangle, DS#4 hits for a ton.