Duels from Chaithh's Stream

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

So what do you guys think of the duels from this stream

You can se the duels at 2:48:00 and 2:58:50 there abouts. Cele engi vs Signet necro. Its also something for you to watch if you missed it. The duel at 3:00:00 is also a very good watch.

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Not impressed, that engi build can be beaten by any pre-patch necro. With Signets of suffering and Blood Magic it’s just… he doesn’t even need to try.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Genesis.7693

Genesis.7693

Meh an inaccurate representation of where necros stand simply cause we saw 2 pros face each other off in an unfavourable match up. Condi necro basically wins out vs engi like 99% of the time lol even with the ridiculous nerfs.

Edelweíss – Necro Exclusive

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

That condi necro in particular is great vs classes that boon spam. That includes Eles and a few of Chaith’s builds.

The only problem will arrive when he gets focused and can’t get out of it because… signets.

It would have been fun to see a more “practical” PvP necro but, that works too. The only way Chaith could beat him is if Chaith ran Elixir R but, no one runs Elixir R.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

He isnt playing condi, in all of the duels he is soldiers, he says later on in the video and he isnt running blood magic either. He says big team fights are another matter though

there are some condi build duels around 4:30:00

(edited by Sigmoid.7082)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

he isnt running blood magic either.

Oh right, I didn’t really look at his signet bar because I assumed no one would ever use Vamp Signet unless it’s the lesser version in Blood.
(then again, dat Consume nerf though)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

In a 1v1, adding in how much condition removal he already had, and the fact that it got a decent buff by having Bloodthirst rolled in, SoV might be passable compared to CC now.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

in Necromancer

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

It’s nice to see that bleed on plague isn’t that bad. It could barely keep 3 stacks on.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Shiki.7148

Shiki.7148

It’s nice to see that bleed on plague isn’t that bad. It could barely keep 3 stacks on.

I think you missed the video where that one guy went from 45k hp to 6k without even trying. All because of corruption-skills. No external factor.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cannabrah.7842

Cannabrah.7842

I think you missed the video where that one guy went from 45k hp to 6k without even trying. All because of corruption-skills. No external factor.

Tbh that dude dropped the ball so many times vs. Chaith. But I think Plague without MoC is still more viable than Golem.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zin.6170

Zin.6170

Nice to see axe and signet of vamp.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

Nice to see axe and signet of vamp.

Yep, and while axe auto still sucks the vulnerability both helps the condi and direct damage now which make it suck slightly less along with the corruption on axe 3

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

Nos didn’t say it but since he told he isn’t running blood nor soul reaping he was running spite, curses and death with soldier amulet and strength runes (atleast in one point). 1v1 Chaithh wasn’t even close. Chaithh either didn’t figure out the new traits and skill or Nos just found a way to hard counter engi 1v1. Nos did state that he actually was cancel casting signets to stack might (also stated tha he has told it to Karl). But the passive Plague signet looked powerful combined with actual PS and Signets of Suffering.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Nos didn’t say it but since he told he isn’t running blood nor soul reaping he was running spite, curses and death with soldier amulet and strength runes (atleast in one point). 1v1 Chaithh wasn’t even close. Chaithh either didn’t figure out the new traits and skill or Nos just found a way to hard counter engi 1v1. Nos did state that he actually was cancel casting signets to stack might (also stated tha he has told it to Karl). But the passive Plague signet looked powerful combined with actual PS and Signets of Suffering.

He must have switched it up at some point because he popped the spectral auto in those early duels. Or it looked like he did.

As to cancel casting….I hope it gets fixed because other classes can do the same thing for unintended boons. How viable is his damage output without doing that?

(edited by Zin.6170)

in Necromancer

Sigmoid.7082

He was running spite/curses/soul reaping.
You can tell he is from the obvious way lf drains super slow thanks to vitalP and how SA procs on him.

There are duels later on where he stop cancel casting and still manages to reach 20+ might because of siphoned power being 2 stacks 22.5s on might on a 1s ICD.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

He was running spite/curses/soul reaping.
You can tell he is from the obvious way lf drains super slow thanks to vitalP and how SA procs on him.

There are duels later on where he stop cancel casting and still manages to reach 20+ might because of siphoned power being 2 stacks 22.5s on might on a 1s ICD.

That makes sense.

I think I have the build figured out except for chill of death vs unholy fervor. I don’t recall seeing chill cast on him at 50%, do you know which he is using?

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

I’d say UF since he was using Axe/Wh + Staff.

And abou canceling I think it will. There is no way that is intentional.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Nos was using power gear against Chaith, said the first few duels were Soldiers, then Celestial, then he tried zerker. It really does seem like Plague Sending is ridiculously overpowered, wouldn’t be surprised if it got nerfed.

EDIT: maybe changed to when you reach 50% health?

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

(edited by manveruppd.7601)

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

Yeah and he said Cele was no good. Not worth it. The zerk build he tried dealed massive dmg to Chaithh. I really can see why Nos plays Necro in Abjured. We have some tools that other classes don’t. It just takes too much skill compared to other classes to be viable.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Nos was using power gear against Chaith, said the first few duels were Soldiers, then Celestial, then he tried zerker. It really does seem like Plague Sending is ridiculously overpowered, wouldn’t be surprised if it got nerfed.

EDIT: maybe changed to when you reach 50% health?

It does appear to be strong against condi classes, but that is undoubtedly the intention of the trait.

If it needs an adjustment, which is hard to determine until all the changes settle in, I’d say making it require 4 conditions to trigger would be a better route.

in Necromancer

Posted by: manveruppd.7601

manveruppd.7601

Does the signet proc from Plague Sending also act as a stunbreak by the way? Chaith seems to think it does but he’s not the one playing it so it might be hard to tell, and Nos didn’t say anything about it.

A bad necromancer always blames the corpse.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Fhenrir.5297

Fhenrir.5297

Does the signet proc from Plague Sending also act as a stunbreak by the way? Chaith seems to think it does but he’s not the one playing it so it might be hard to tell, and Nos didn’t say anything about it.

yep and it also gives you mights and corrupts boons with signet of suffering.

in Necromancer

Cannabrah.7842

Well the trait says it casts Plague signet so It should?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

I think builds are basically weak to either raw power, conditions or stuns. So I guess if a Necromancer can go tanky (aka soldiers) and can make sure he transfers those conditions back, he is only vulnarable against CC so far. Of course in practice it might be a bit different. But I think the condi tranfers on necro are nice!

in Necromancer

flow.6043

… he is only vulnarable against CC so far.

I wouldn’t be so sure. With Curses and Soul Reaping you can get Plague Sending, Last Gasp and Foot in the Grave. That’s 3 stunbreaks and some stability just from traits.

in Necromancer

Zin.6170

Well, it requires you to crit the target, so either there are lag issues or he isn’t breaking stuns with it since he can not crit while stunned.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

Well, it requires you to crit the target, so either there are lag issues or he isn’t breaking stuns with it since he can not crit while stunned.

This. It will stunbreaker but you would need to land an attack after you were stunned. Possible, but not likely.

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

IF the Necromancer can’t give the team support (for thematic reasons) or receive support (while using the profession mechanic) or survive focus fire (thematic reasons) and is a sitting duck against faster ranged classes (thematic reasons again), then the necromancer better be GODLY in all other situations.

This isn’t remotely true.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thefire.1583

Thefire.1583

03:03:00 was it possible for Dark path go over the rock?

in Necromancer

Posted by: Flumek.9043

Flumek.9043

03:03:00 was it possible for Dark path go over the rock?

Yes it behaves like that since always.
Its a homing projectile, but it sticks and follows the ground, so it is possible to hit and get teleported even if the target was partially or whole time outside LoS.

The spots where the ground behaves like that are very limited tho, the only ones i think are actually usable are 90° steps like edges of legacy mid and forest henge. On the opposite, you cannot hit some1 from kyhlo mid note onto the ledge as the thing wont climb up.
Focus#4 behaves similiar, but waaay worse, thats where the random obstructeds come from.

PvP guild [YUM] -apply- (EU) http://muffinspvp.shivtr.com/

in Necromancer

Posted by: Thefire.1583

Thefire.1583

ok, 3 days ago i tried using it in a similar situation but it got obstructed.