Dungeons are for heavy Armor now

in Necromancer

Posted by: prothorin.5849

prothorin.5849

This is bad news
I tried fractals lots of time but Im on lvl 1 only.
So I never go to fractals as Necro.
I do not understand why Guardians and Warrors can do this game.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

I dont know , usually i have tanked bosses with health sipohons , blind plague , golem , death shrouds. Mobs as well. My necro is one of the last party members to be knocked out and is by far my best dungeon runner along my Mesmer. Maybe you are overreacting ?

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bull Zooker.1672

Bull Zooker.1672

I agree with vagelis. necro survivability = warrior survivability easily. if not een more survivable.

Grandad Fester / Unruly Pigeon – Necromancer by trade

in Necromancer

Posted by: Peach Pinky.6501

Peach Pinky.6501

Necro has the highest survival rate out of ANY profession other than guardian. As a necro I am always the last person standing and my main weapon set is Dagger/Warhorn. Also, this dungeon update doesn’t change dungeon party dynamics, it just forces people to do what Anet wanted in the first place. Die less, cooperate more. Everyone just has to get better at not hugging red circles.

in Necromancer

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Necro has the highest survival rate out of ANY profession other than guardian.

I understand what you’re trying to say, but this is blatantly untrue.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

My necromancer is lvl 40 fractals for such a long time now, i am the highest DPS in any fractal team at this high level, just because i can afford to go “squishy” hybrid damage dealer and still be left standing.

I am also lvl 40 fractals because i stopped going further, since i saw no real benefit for the amount of problems progressing further brings… after lvl 40 fractals agony is a 1 hit even with max agony resistance (until now anyway).

I seriously don’t understand what you are saying… In truth melee classes have it harder in fractals, and to not have it as hard they need to sacrifice at least half their damage, which puts me in the spot of… the highest DPSer in the group.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bruxae.4526

Bruxae.4526

I am still leveling (lvl 60) and I am always the last one standing, I dont see the issue at this lvl range atleast.

in Necromancer

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

My problem with my Necro has NEVER been surviving. I never die, it’s great. I don’t get taken to dungeons because of my kittene Damage output. I’ve tried a variety of specs, but everyone knows it now: Necros can’t hit for kitten.
AoE centric fights, I’m win. Single target? Be better off bringing a level 60 warrior wielding a baby quaggan.
Any Necro here who has done HotW, Svanir have very high health pools. Our Warrior and Guadian died and the second/third boss of Path 1 (the guy with the balcony on either side of him) took 40 minutes. 40 Minutes of me hitting the boss with everything I had, plus a thief and a Ele.
The damage in this game just seems so imbalanced. I don’t know the numbers at all, but I know that when I kill kitten on the Mesmer or Guardian, it kittening dies, 10 times faster and using far less skills than on my Necro.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cerbeius.7129

Cerbeius.7129

I die a lot, because I draw aggro a lot. Even when I’m just standing there and doing nothing

Lady Cerba, Ascalonian Priestess of Grenth

- Piken Square, [REN][DKAL]

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

To all of those saying the necro sucks in dungeons. I’m not sure what exactly you are doing wrong, but you’re doing it wrong.

We are very survivable. We have good DPS. The problem is that people want to see 2k damage flying off and necros really can’t do that outside of lich form. Greatsword Warriors do high damage, that is what they are DESIGNED to do. Comparing us to them is stupid.

However, we contribute quite well to dungeons. Last night I ran Honor the Waves path 1 with 4 necros and a ranger. We never had any issues (we were also not all condition spec). Bosses went down quickly and we only had one person die (the ranger).

As for why a party full of hybrid necros is bad, it’s because of the condition caps. Getting more than 2 in a party means they are limiting the DPS. This isn’t a problem with the class, it’s a problem with the game itself.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Necromancer

Posted by: cerulean moth.2743

cerulean moth.2743

I completely disagree with this title. My necromancer is super tough and has no problems living at all. I can face tank damage for a while in dungeons generally – especially if I got a Guardian at my back to synergize with.

Maybe post your build on the thread? Perhaps you’re running too much of a glass cannon build.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Necros are one of the best dungeon classes there is.
l2p

A rabid necro might have the best overall dps out of any other class with epidemic .
Great survivability with 2000 toughness/ds/ high base health.
Decent support with constant rejen/signet of undeath/ WOB/ chill/cripple/ condition cleanse for allies.

high DPs/ great survivability/& decent support all in one. Yeah dungeon necros blow

(edited by Login.5102)

in Necromancer

Posted by: TheSaint.8072

TheSaint.8072

Sorry to say it, but…. NO.

I’m a necro since beta, currently specced conditiomancer full rabbid.

1700 CD (With food)
1850-1900 tough (2700 armor)
20k healt
52% crit.

I do not see my self dying too much or any difference with others… mistakes apart.
(And I’m an average player… not Hardcore or particularly skilled.)

All Life end in Death, and Death…is only the beginning…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I also disagree, if there’s one thing I don’t have an issue in is surviving. Usually I draw a lot of aggro while fighting mobs due to various AoE but even getting bombarded by various enemies I still manage to survive just fine.

Either using skills like fear, knockdown, chill, blind, immobilize etc to “cripple” the enemies from dealing too much damage to me, or by using minions to act as distractions for me when I need a breather.

Really though unlike some games this game’s survivability isn’t about how much damage you can take before going down, it’s about how well you’re able to avoid taking damage.

My mesmer is fragile as a baby kitty yet is one of the best tanks I have because of the variety of ways I am able to avoid taking damage, teleporting, breaking stun, using clones to distract enemies, etc.

Every class has their way of surviving, such as guadians being able to outheal the damage they take, necros using blind, chill, and fear along with DS, mesmers using clones and teleports as distraction. Thieves using stealth, etc. Every class has their way of surviving, but usually that doesn’t include “stand still and take hits”.

On a side note; I have a thief I use as a tank, seen so many people complain about thieves being squishy but that is so not true if you know how to survive with thieves. Usually running dungeons my thief is always the last one standing, always running around casting stealth on people to help get them up.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jareth.4813

Jareth.4813

Erm Necros are incredibly survivable.

I have 3000 toughness on mine with 30k hp not even including DS. I think I’ll be fine surviving. :p

in Necromancer

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

I have 3000 toughness on mine with 30k hp not even including DS. I think I’ll be fine surviving. :p

How DO you do that? I have 2700 toughness and 27kHP and I have 30 points in Death Magic, 30 points in blod magic. All my gear is exotic, some ascended and ALL my gear adds vitality and toughness.

in Necromancer

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

How DO you do that? I have 2700 toughness and 27kHP and I have 30 points in Death Magic, 30 points in blod magic. All my gear is exotic, some ascended and ALL my gear adds vitality and toughness.

Server WvW bonuses have put my vit/sup built necro up over 31k. Depends on the time of the week and how well your server is doing.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dietzen.6127

Dietzen.6127

I don’t quite get it actually, the last time I was in a group, I was the only one who hadn’t died. Not only did I not die, I secured regen on the vast majority of the group, I spread conditions, well blind etc etc.
Necros can be good in groups imho.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Depends how you play.
I use my Necromancer in fractals often, having gotten the farthest with him and I’m rarely the first to go down if at all.

Just another short sighted assumption.

Necros are one of the best dungeon classes there is.
l2p

/thread

That other Psy guy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I wouldn’t say they are one of the best dungeon classes, but they certainly are in the mix of capable dungeon classes. I tend to find most of the classes fine in dungeons, with the GS warrior/Guardian being the best because of how well their buffs, damage, and vulnerability stack together.

Having a limit to how many condition heros are in a dungeon team and the fact that our “zerker” or knight builds deal lower dps than the comparable warrior/thief/ranger, means that if you really want to maximize your efficiency, taking more than one necro isn’t ideal. All of our really strong advantages are less effective on bosses (chill, boon flipping when they refresh boons every 3 seconds, bleed cap, immunity to fear).

Of course its all PVE, and its all easy, so it hardly matters IMO.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

The biggest factors in survival is the group’s experience level beyond L80 and familiarity with the dungeon. Personally, I have been in groups where I die a lot. I can tell when I am doing more damage than anyone else and rather dislike kiting and tanking while the rest of the group respawns or backs off to heal. I carry several sets of armor in case I need to slow my dps and sub as part time, temporary, relief healer, or need to play as a front line tank DD. Good groups let me play as a full-rabid conditionmancer without making me facetank.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Psynocide.4965

Psynocide.4965

Of course its all PVE, and its all easy

Pay a visit to the Priest of Grenth for tea, then chew on that statement for a minute.

That other Psy guy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

A buggy event that is set to be nerfed to the ground in a hotfix is hardly a good example. The only mob I have ever found that categorically kicked my kitten being played by an NPC is the breakout event commander in WvW, the one NPC created to be nearly impossible to kill.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Learn to embrace the powah of a vamp build…its usually me that winds up tanking and/or rezzing everyone, I don’t really see much change now unless they totally jinxed the boss mechanics. I know i have ran several dungeons already and I notice no difference other than other classes now appear to be getting their kitten together finally and learning how to play like we do: walking on eggshells…..

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

The biggest factors in survival is the group’s experience level beyond L80 and familiarity with the dungeon. Personally, I have been in groups where I die a lot. I can tell when I am doing more damage than anyone else and rather dislike kiting and tanking while the rest of the group respawns or backs off to heal. I carry several sets of armor in case I need to slow my dps and sub as part time, temporary, relief healer, or need to play as a front line tank DD. Good groups let me play as a full-rabid conditionmancer without making me facetank.

I wish everyone would read what you just wrote and learn from it, and I mean all classes….being able to assume multiple roles by swapping gear/utlities is key to successful groups. I myself run a dps and heal/support set too, although I’m still working on my tank set (that kitten gets expensive when you do it all exotics lol) but I have yet to have anyone complain about me being able to swap roles and I’ve even had people thank me by sending me drops or money because had I not swapped we would have had to quit for sure. I’m not saying my swapping was the sole deciding factor on our success, but it certainly was the turning point to get us in the right direction….now imagine if every class knew how to do that and could successfully do it in every encounter as needed….mind=blown

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Necromancer

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

The only issue I have with going necromancer in dungeons is keeping awake. Dungeons are easy mode with necros, the sound of the staff, axe, or scepter wailing away is sleep inducing.

Dungeons are much more fun with my thief simply because I need to work towards surviving. Some builds on my guardian aren’t tanky either.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Manticore Five.9867

Manticore Five.9867

I love necro threads.

“Our DPS is AWESOME, we just don’t get big numbers like other classes…
or lots and lots of smaller numbers… or much total numbers. Why are you so fixated on numbers, anyway?”

“But we’re okay because often I’m standing alone among the wreckage of my group, so why won’t anyone invite me to dungeons? We’re a GREAT supporter class!”

Yes, necro… you’re doing just fine.

(edited by Manticore Five.9867)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

I could clearly see som people in this tread,They hav never played any other classes except necros….If you go deeper into playing other classes learning their skills you will realize one day saying…

“Why are we holding a axe or a dagger on a necromancer character”~

Trying to pretend we hav the best survivability in dungeons
pretending we hav the best dps….^^

I think we should go back a little on the basics and ask ….

What is a necromancer? For example, Mesmer’s clearly show its unique characteristics in gw2 especially the skills that they use…. warriors and guardians also show its characteristics…

So wat could we say about Necromencer in gw2 thats unique to other classes besides holding an axe and trying to pretend tat we are a full melee class burst damage charactor~

Is this the real reason why we chose to play necromancer..? Just too hold a axe and go to a hybrid build to pretend we are warriors?^^~~~ Like i said above, the only reason we are going to a hybrid build is because half of our traits and minion build skills are partially broke~and the only option is going in to hybrid build just to catch up with other classes

This is not wat we call a necromancer…theirs a reason why ppl dont play necros.It not the dps…nor the survivalbility issue.
Its the characteristics tat are lacking to be called a necromancer~
it shows its characteristics a little in wvw because of (fear)….but still ~ way lacking

We’re all in the same boat so i really hope ~in the upcoming patch it will get better…..

P.S. Sorry for the poor english..^^

An Axe? Seriously? You are using an Axe? No wonder. Axe is not a DPS weapon. Neither is the staff. I love using a dagger and am happy with it.

Can I out dps a zerker warrior? No. Can I out DPS a full support guardian? In my sleep.

You rolled a necro with a preconceived notion of what it should be, and it isn’t what you expected. It happens, that is life. I like the option to go caster or melee. You don’t apparently. I hope they don’t make us into what you want, I would retire my necro if they did.

What you want isn’t what everyone wants, except the bug fixes.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Necromancer

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

Necro is probably the least understood class in the game.

Unless you play one well.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

in Necromancer

Posted by: HiSaZuL.2843

HiSaZuL.2843

I love necro threads.

“Our DPS is AWESOME, we just don’t get big numbers like other classes…
or lots and lots of smaller numbers… or much total numbers. Why are you so fixated on numbers, anyway?”

“But we’re okay because often I’m standing alone among the wreckage of my group, so why won’t anyone invite me to dungeons? We’re a GREAT supporter class!”

Yes, necro… you’re doing just fine.

Made me laugh. Props.

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

Why would anyone ask for a Necro? No one plays them and the forums is ripe with noobs who wish they knew how.

Necro – the best kept secret since Twinkies.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in Necromancer

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Groups in Arah fighting Lupi will have so much fun now. Zero deaths allowed.

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

in Necromancer

Posted by: Talentless.5708

Talentless.5708

Groups in Arah fighting Lupi will have so much fun now. Zero deaths allowed.

It’s not bad… you know he’s going to hold aggro on the main dps so if someone goes down just make sure he/she doesnt kite towards the one getting the rez.

Talentless Necro – Talentless Engineer
Jade Quarry – Strike Force | Wilsonian Institute
new video pending: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDVc34_SFKM&feature=youtu.be

in Necromancer

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

If you die in a boss fight like in Arah…youll probably be kicked instantly now and be replaced by a guarddian since their is no waypoints to rush anymore.

This is true, sadly. I am a necro, getting some TA gear for the looks, i was on one of my last runs, and one guy goes down (Some noobs tried to skip, which is hard on TA without stability) so he died, and one guy tried to kick him, atleast we didnt second it, so he stayed. But we tried again and the same guy goes down. Then someone seconds the kick and he gets kicked of the group.

I tried to tell them we shouldnt skip, and they agreed. They told ME to get on of the nightmare knights, since i can use spectral grasp and pull one, and so i did. But, the sorcerer used fear on me, and i got knockdowned by the knight i just pulled to me, and i die. So, i got kicked aswell.

So, people kick JUST because you die? really?, please Anet, fix it so the whole party has to the second the kick, not only 1 guy

in Necromancer

Posted by: Doomheraldz.3746

Doomheraldz.3746

Im a level 80 Necro and wne for a couple of dungeon runs last night with no problems. im usually the last one or maybe one of two people left standing during a boss fight. Im thinking that you think most necros like to stand around and “tank” rather than strafe/dodge LOL!