EU tournament (2)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

Same time this week.
So thursday at 7pm @GMT+2.

EDIT: Didn’t account for DST, what I meant was 7pm in central Europe which apparently is GMT+2 now. Sorry for the confusion.

Please sign up in this thread if you want to join.
Maybe we’ll be able to fill two teams this time.

If Nemesis can make it we’ll do an all MM with him.

(edited by flow.6043)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

OOOOO, Flow you guys rock!! Another EU Tournament run! Another reason why Necromancers are the best community out there.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I may be able to make time for this, this time. Sounds like fun. :>

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Still need more signups – and it would be cool if we could get a few guys who want to try shoutcasting it.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

I will be joining this time.

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

I should be able to come, but I’m not 100% sure. Still, I’ll be there if I can.

Also, about those times Flow, having done the math again I’m not sure where I went wrong. Due to daylight saving time Finland goes from +2 GTM to +3 GTM. 7.00 pm +1 GTM should therefore be 7 + 2 = 9 pm for me, yet that didn’t seem to be the case last time. Am I missing something obvious here?

Maybe you could post your current time here? I could figure out the correct difference based on the time on your post and the time it was posted.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Oh… I thought GMT+X was a geographic region that doesn’t shift west during DST.
I wanted to use the non-DST GMT+1 because that’s like 2/3 of Europe.
So just to make it clear, I live in central Europe which is GMT+1 during the winter and apparently +2 now. So 7pm for me, 8pm for Finland.

Do people even say GMT anymore or is it all UTC now? xD

@tournament: I’ll try to pm Rhion in game, I don’t think he reads this forum.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Buuuuump
Reminder: it’s going down tonight!

Any more signups?
The BoC army wants you! Yes, you… sign up, do it now!
If we get more than 5 players we’ll just fill up a second necro team.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Samuska.5024

Samuska.5024

So MEZ (Central Europe) 7p.m (like Germany,France,Austria etc.)
If so i try to come, sounds like some real fun.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I can now confirm I will indeed be coming! Also, your time zone logic could well be the correct one, I’m definitely not an expert here. It doesn’t matter anyway so long as everyone turns up at more or less the right time

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Went better than expected and was a lot of fun. Looking forward to doing it again.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

yup, that was pretty awesome ^^

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Sweet, so did you have a full necro squad going or was their some pugging involved? Flow = EU Tourney Organizing King!!

Did you try the all MM run?

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Sweet, so did you have a full necro squad going or was their some pugging involved? Flow = EU Tourney Organizing King!!

Did you try the all MM run?

We had all necro minion masters. First game we were in the lead until we lost the keep due to high mobility classes on the other team. The other two games we won quite comfortably. The build most of us used was described by nemesis before we started so when the video is uploaded it should all be there.

(edited by spoj.9672)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

4 min to go on my upload.
and yeah, the whole episode is one epic MM-special

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

4 min to go on my upload.
and yeah, the whole episode is one epic MM-special

AWESOME! Wait are you uploading it to SOAC or to your youtube?

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

To your SOAC rapidshare account. It’s already there in the BoC folder.
Yski did a recording as usual. Nemesis and Vash did so too… but I didn’t give them any info on where to upload it, assuming they want to share it with you at all :P

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

haha, they can put it on their youtubes, and we will link them all to a Folder called EU Necromancer Events :P.

Fantastic job, I will upload it later tonight so everyone can watch it. Now I just need to convince Nemesis to subscribe to SOAC :P haha!

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Hey flow, the next time you do this, use our twitch.tv account to stream it :P

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I’m not home atm, but I should be able to upload the footage later today or early tomorrow.

I’ll try to edit (and commentate, which honestly is a nightmare with my pronunciation) some of the earlier and probably the newer footage as well during the weekend, and I could also try making a combined perspective video while at it if you’d like. Basically, I could edit together everyone’s footage into one video either by scaling each clip small enough so that I show all of them simultaneously or by moving from player to player based on where the action is.

I’m not sure how well it would actually work, but it might be fun.

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I’m not home atm, but I should be able to upload the footage later today or early tomorrow.

I’ll try to edit (and commentate, which honestly is a nightmare with my pronunciation) some of the earlier and probably the newer footage as well during the weekend, and I could also try making a combined perspective video while at it if you’d like. Basically, I could edit together everyone’s footage into one video either by scaling each clip small enough so that I show all of them simultaneously or by moving from player to player based on where the action is.

I’m not sure how well it would actually work, but it might be fun.

I didnt record so you’d be missing atleast one perspective. I may try and get something sorted for recording, ready for the next time though.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Here it is the EU MM guys!

SOAC Gaming and But of Corpse combined with our EU Necromancers to bring you the one and only EU Necro Tournament Team. This week the Guys took on the world and decided to prove that Minions can be more dangerous than they appear.

(edited by Bas.7406)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I didnt record so you’d be missing atleast one perspective. I may try and get something sorted for recording, ready for the next time though.

Well, if I went with the split screen method trying to fit all five perspectives into one screen would be a bit tricky, so it’s all good. Still, the more the merrier, so if your computer can handle it without dropping the frame rates too low by all means do record. Besides, being able to watch your own gameplay makes it easier for you to improve

So, do you mind if I give it a try Bas, or would you prefer to do all the editing for the SOAC channel? After failing commentating miserably for a couple of hours I’m sure I’d love to take a break in form of being quiet and editing something :P

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

That’s fine, go ahead and do what you can with it. I should sit down with you guys, and find out how you want to do it.

I just post the videos you put up. :P I am not very skilled at editing!

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Incredible work guys! I am watching it and it’s hilariously awesome!

Only tip I have is Flow needs to learn to use DeathShroud haha! My goodness you died 3 or 4 times with full Life Force

(edited by Bas.7406)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Great, I’ll beam my raw footage up to the rapidshare and download flow’s footage and then I’ll see what I can do

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Still editing my POV… it’s a lot of work to get the frames right and stuff… on top of that youtube is having a heart attack again. Takes me 1800 minutes to upload my “before this one” video.
This is insane… should be up by tomorrow though…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Still editing my POV… it’s a lot of work to get the frames right and stuff… on top of that youtube is having a heart attack again. Takes me 1800 minutes to upload my “before this one” video.

That’s like 30 hours! How big is that file you’re trying to upload? Not that uploading usually is especially fast, but that is a bit extreme.

Talking about uploading, could you post your footage on SOAC gaming’s rapidshare so I can use it on the all POV video? Since it isn’t my account I can’t really give you the passwords directly, but I’m sure Bas or Flow (or someone else?) would love to send them over

EDIT: After you’re done with your current uploads, of course. I still have two Yski POV videos to make, so I definitely won’t run out of things to do in the meanwhile

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Great, I’ll beam my raw footage up to the rapidshare and download flow’s footage and then I’ll see what I can do

I am not sure I left the footage on, but I will put it back on ;p.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

That’s like 30 hours! How big is that file you’re trying to upload? Not that uploading usually is especially fast, but that is a bit extreme.

Talking about uploading, could you post your footage on SOAC gaming’s rapidshare so I can use it on the all POV video? Since it isn’t my account I can’t really give you the passwords directly, but I’m sure Bas or Flow (or someone else?) would love to send them over

EDIT: After you’re done with your current uploads, of course. I still have two Yski POV videos to make, so I definitely won’t run out of things to do in the meanwhile

I will also link to all the videos, through the EU Playlist on the SOACGaming Youtube

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

The battle against the other MM guys is hilarious it starts at the 41 minute mark

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

lol I was just thrown off my guard with this build. Usually I’m a death shroud baws :P

In hindsight, I probably should also have all my minions on the field all the time and not just half of them xD

Btw the minions siphon health like crazy. 2 or 3 times my death breakdown had a total of over 50k damage taken. One had 27k bleeding (142 hits) and another had 28k burning (42 hits)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I am not sure I left the footage on, but I will put it back on ;p.

You did, unless we have a mesmer here. This is like back in that AMA session where someone asked about mesmers and we received like three identical replies..

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

Ysiki go ahead and pm that info. I am out of town at the moment.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Uploading my file, apparently 6 hours to go. Should’ve compressed it more I suppose, but at least you people get high quality!

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

What is the size of the file you uploaded ? I have 3 separate files for the 3 tournaments, they are about 13 GB each. I would share them with you even though i am making my own version… but it may take… a lot…

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I’m uploading a 2GB file, though you might want to compress them a little further. The way I did is I just joined the three files together in an editing program, messed around the settings a little bit trying to find a good compromise between size and quality and then uploaded the result.

As a side note, I’m making a (an? idk..) Yski POV video as well, but I felt someone might want to see the whole thing without watching three (four?) separate versions of the same battle. We have like 50 minutes of footage each so that’d be good four hours to watch :P

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Emapudapus.1307

Emapudapus.1307

Will there be a third tournament?:) Tho looking forward to it if will be.

all is vain

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I just finished rendering the videos for my version of the video. So… if i record with fraps (no compression), high quality 50 FPS recording = about 100-150 GBs per 30-40 minutes.
I recorded with bandicam and it was compressed already, still at a size of 30 GBs per 30-40 minutes.

Now the final version, after rendering with sony vegas it’s about 3GBs but i have cut out a lot of video quality. It can not be rendered again… it’s a custom renderer that i have tuned up to match what youtube would have taken out of your video quality regardless.

Which versions do you want ?… i can re-render my edited one, so i make the 30GBs into 3 GBs and leave out my personal editing on the files. But then again… those files you can’t re-render otherwise the quality would be bad.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Bas.7406

We have 250gb of space. However the larger the file the longer and more difficult the upload to rapidshare becomes.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Just woke up… going to start uploading now… the higher quality/size ones. Going to take a while though.

edit: I’ve been trying for the past hour to get them uploaded, it will not take any file over 1GB no matter what i use. Already tried their manager and it gives me an error… I’ll just have to render them and send them in smaller bits… it’s going to take about 3 hours to render though..

(edited by Nemesis.8593)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

It seems over 1 GB must be done using the manager(downloaded from tools —>rapidshare manager). Make sure you have Java installed by the way, I received an error trying to install the manager when I didn’t but installing Java first solved the problem.

As for versions the smaller file size and unedited if possible would be best. I’m thinking of trying split screen so slightly lower quality doesn’t matter that much, though I might occasionally swap to single player POV should there be an especially good fight.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I just finished rendering it, i can not make it any smaller then 2GBs… I downloaded java and then i went into the tools and downloaded the manager again. When i try to install it it says… http://i.imgur.com/zHOfmxr.jpg and then http://i.imgur.com/6UDTAyd.jpg

I am literally out of ideas, any of you have skype ?… i’ll just live upload it to you. I can not make it any smaller then 2 GBs.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I just finished rendering it, i can not make it any smaller then 2GBs… I downloaded java and then i went into the tools and downloaded the manager again. When i try to install it it says… http://i.imgur.com/zHOfmxr.jpg and then http://i.imgur.com/6UDTAyd.jpg

I am literally out of ideas, any of you have skype ?… i’ll just live upload it to you. I can not make it any smaller then 2 GBs.

That’s the exact error I was getting! Have you tried both answers? I don’t remember which one worked for me but one of them definitely did. If it still doesn’t work I could try downloading skype, but since we’re having the same error it would make sense the same fix would also work.

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Lol… i just tried “No” and it worked… It is uploading now with ~ 1MB/s.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Great! I thought it might work since in the second image it’s complaining about failing to download Java, so if one of the options prevents it from trying we’d avoid the error.

Did anyone else that’s willing to share their footage record? Unless I’m missing something about 50 minutes of pure 3 POV awesomeness is due to arrive in a couple of days!

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

It’s finished… tell me if it’s ok, if it reached the other side safely and can be opened.

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Yes, it reached the other side and can be opened
Next step, editing!

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Actually, do you have the second game recorded as well? The clip only has the 1st and the 3rd one

EU tournament (2)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

It’s all 3 games in the video… 34 minutes splited into 3… there’s a few seconds of black screen between games. I just re-watched what i sent you just to be sure.