EU tournament (5)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Posted by: flow.6043

flow.6043

It’s on like donkey kong!

But: I’m not sure I can make it this thursday or friday.
Do you guys want to do an episode without me or just skip this week?

Also, Yski should we give you more breathing room than weekly intervals for the video editing?

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I wont be able to play this week either.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Nemesis.8593

Nemesis.8593

Well if we don’t get people we won’t do it…

Nemesis Youtube channel - necromancer & mesmer tutorials, PvP and more…

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I might be available on saturday afternoon. Definitely not today or tomorrow.
Unless our EU tourney regulars can fill a full team without me I’m scheduling our 5th episode (or 3rd MM ep) for thursday next week, 7pm.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Posted by: yski.7642

yski.7642

How did I miss this one despite actually looking for it? O.o

The biggest reason my videos take a while to get out is the fact I have little free time during weeks, so I do most of my editing during weekends. Since it usually takes a few days for me to get everyone’s footage I can’t do much until the next weekend, and as a result the videos come a week after the actual event.

So nope, I’m fine as it is, so long as you don’t mind the slight delay.

Next Thrusday it is, then, unless we do Saturday. Either way works for me, so it’s up to you.

Talking about tournies, I came up with some amazing thief strategies that just might work, and now they keep haunting me

I’ll just have to try them at some point. Any of you people play thief..? Come on, if we put down a smoke field and everyone spams cluster bomb we should be able to stack a ridiculous amount of stealth. With the mobility thieves get the enemy would have no idea where we are, until 5 simultaneous back stabs insta-down someone… Think of the possibilities!

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I have a lvl 35 thief which I could take into pvp at some point. You would have to tell me how to build her though. Dont have a clue at the moment haha.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Quick reminder:

We’re doing another tournament on thursday.

Also, Bas wrote me in a pm:
“I was wondering if you guys would like to start streaming your Necromancer tournament games on our SOACGaming twitch.tv channel. Anet is willing to tweet about it.

The benefit of live streaming is you don’t need to record at the same time. It’s done automatically by twitch.tv, and you can then upload it straight to our youtube where yski can just pull the file from it.”

Yay, we’re streaming
Question, should I do it? Or does anyone else want to?
This is just a heads up, so we still have 2 days to set things up properly.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

What do we need to set up streaming on twitch?

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I still have to ask Bas to walk me through this. I have no experience with it yet.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Well… you guys know i would love to participate, the only problem is that thirstday is a bad day for me. If somehow we can turn that into a friday i will be forever grateful.

ps: since it would be a bit… unfair if any of us have their POV streamed, perhaps we should get a 6th member which could act as the “camera man”, maybe even commentate.

Nemesis live-stream channel - focusing mainly on Guild Wars 2, League of Legends and Dota II.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Well… you guys know i would love to participate, the only problem is that thirstday is a bad day for me. If somehow we can turn that into a friday i will be forever grateful.

ps: since it would be a bit… unfair if any of us have their POV streamed, perhaps we should get a 6th member which could act as the “camera man”, maybe even commentate.

except that would be impossible in a tournament queue as far as I am aware.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Alright, does anyone else prefer friday over thursday?
Not sure if I can do friday though, but we’ll just go with the majority.
Saturday might work for me too.

Also, I’m not eager to be a live stream’s center of attention. So I have absolutely no problem with you doing it instead of me.
It might make the stream more popular anyway…

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

If anyone wants to stream simply contact me and I will show you how to set it up. Well to be honest, I will get one of the regular streamers to talk us through it. :P.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I am actually slowly progressing towards livestreaming in general, but there are a lot of things to… go through… to set up your channel. I don’t just want to start streaming all rushed…

We should talk about this a bit more extensively, if you don’t have anyone else in mind that is…

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Friday or saturday works better for me aswell. I doubt the stream would be high quality or even watchable if i was doing it. Have pretty poor upload speeds during the day.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Alright, I probably won’t be able to do friday.
So we have 2 options:
1. Friday without me.
2. Saturday. (afternoon? I’m basically free the entire day..)

Also, I think it will be best if Nemesis streams his POV.
Do you think you can set this up until then? Or should we do a recording only ep again?

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Id carry on recording if you’re not streaming urself flow. Gives us more time to set up streaming and so on.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Yup, I think Nemesis is the best choice for streaming since his gameplay is good and he’s already doing great videos, but I wouldn’t rukitten (EDIT: Hurry it. Because rushing is a bad word! :P ). Starting one week later makes little difference, so it’s best we do it when we feel comfortable doing so

So, when will we be doing the next tournaments? I have nothing against slaughtering everyone today and on Friday AND on Saturday, but unfortunately it’s not possible to solo tournaments and you can’t rely on random PUGs to have a good taste when it comes to professions, so I need you people.

Basically, who can join us and when? So long as we get more than two people it’s probably doable. As for me, any of the days work though Saturday means I’ll have to take my computer with me again. Then again, I’ll probably do so anyway for editing, so doesn’t really matter. Anyway, before I ramble on too long and end up with a text wall, here’s what we have so far:

a——————— Flow————-Nemesis————Spoj —Yski Deathleaf the mighty
Thursday:-———yes—————-nope—————-nope?————Sure, why not!
Friday:————-nope—————-yes —-————yup—————Always.
Saturday:———-~all day————-?———————?—————-Naturally.

EDIT: I deserve a cookie for above. Nothing is the same size in the actual post as it looks in the editor. /edit

Also, I’ll try adding the finishing touches to our last games today, sorry it’s been taking so long. Moral of the story, I should never take a break from something until it is finished. I have no trouble editing all weekend once I get started, but if I stop doing it for just a couple of hours I suddenly have something else I must do first and before I realize it a couple of weeks have passed.

It doesn’t really matter when it’s my own projects, but now that only 1/3 of the footage is mine there are no excuses. Long story short, I never should have taken this long and I’ll get it done ASAP.

Learn the ways of the mighty Deathleaf: http://www.youtube.com/user/YskiTheBanshee

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Thursday – maybe
friday – yes
saturday – yes

I can prob make today but id rather not if we cant get a full group.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

How’s Saturday for you Nemesis?

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Saturday is fine for me… friday, saturday… all good for me. Thirstday and sundays are not good. I will also try tomorrow to see how this whole twitch.tv thing is. I may not be able to stream for you guys this saturday, but the next one definitely.

Can i stream for you guys when you need… and stream for myself on two separate channels ? I wonder how that works…

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I suppose we’ll do Saturday then, unless someone feels like doing an extra Friday event as well. The more the merrier, but it’s up to you people. In the meanwhile I’ll do some editing magic, but I’ll keep an eye on the thread just in case

As for the streams, I’ve never tried doing it even with one channel so I can’t help you there, but good luck!

EDIT: Apparently updating into a newer version of my editing program didn’t help, still crashing every five seconds. How did I manage to do this before..? It can’t be my computer since CPU and GPU should be more than enough and I have plenty of HDD space as well as 16GB of ram I added just in case I’d need it for something like this, so the only explanation I can find is that the program simply can’t handle files this big.

The words “Abnormal Execution Problem” will haunt me in my dreams for ever at this rate

TL;DR Working on it, but don’t hold your breath. Something’s seriously wrong with this program

EDIT2: Apparently the program has something against MP4 files: others cause it to crash occasionally, but MP4 seems to do it every single time. Now here’s the funny part: it’s creating thumbnail images that seems to cause this. Not the actual editing but adding a small thumbnail image.
/Facedesk
..Sorry for going semi off topic, I’ve been staring at the same error message that tells me something went wrong but gives absolutely no details for almost three hours now, so now that I’ve finally figured out something I just couldn’t stop myself

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Well, I’m converting the MP4 files into AVI, so hopefully that solves the crashing problem.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Well, I’m converting the MP4 files into AVI, so hopefully that solves the crashing problem.

Are you editing with Sony Vegas pro 11 and up ? Sony Vegas 11 and up apparently has this very big problem that can cause infinite amount of unknown errors without reason. The way you can fix this is by choosing to render only with CPU or only with GPU instead of both.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

How does 3pm CEST (today afternoon) sound for you guys?

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

so in 4 hours from now… today…
I think i can do that.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Sure, I’m in.

I’m using Video Pad, it’s a nice program but ridiculously instable. Anyway, I’ve converted the files so now everything should work, I’ll check it once I’ve eaten

EDIT: Nope, didn’t solve it.. If it’s not the file type then what CAN it be?

..Maybe it’s the different FPS? That’s more or less the only thing I can come up with at this point. Emapudapus’ and my clips work and they both have 30 FPS, while the ones from Flow and Nemesis that have 25 or 29 FPS cause the crash. I’ll convert them again and this time I’ll change the FPS as well and see if that works…

I think I’m starting to see what it’s all about – having read the patch notes they’ve tried to make generating thumbnail images faster, and by the looks of it that’s what the program is trying to do when it crashes. Now if my thinking is correct, the developers messed up and coded it in such a way that having something different than 30 FPS causes it to look for a frame that doesn’t exist which then causes the program to crash.

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

Hmmm did i miss it then. I usually have nice big lie in on saturday haha.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

I’m uploading my POV to rapidshare right now.
Something weird must have happened to the file though. Everytime I try to open it with VLC the player crashes, but it works perfectly fine with the windows media player.
So I hope there won’t be any issues with the editing on your side because of that.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Well, with all the issues I’m having with the editing a few more make little difference

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

So, I’ve watched a whole tutorial series on Light Works, found out it only accepts the clips that are bigger than ~3GB from me (Why? No idea..) and finally realized how much I love Video Pad.

THB I had already given up hope on VP but I decided to give it one more try, so I messed around the setting a little bit and removed all the temp files, and suddenly everything seems to work. I have no idea why, but I’m not going to ask any questions at this point. It works, so I’ll edit before it changes its mind

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

I sorta had a forum debate about viability of minions at Guru, and we decided to settle the matter with a few friendly duels, and after I crushed multiple times first my original opponent (as a thief, an engineer and a necromancer ) and then his bunker ranger friend we concluded that minions do indeed work in 1v1 situations. However, my opponents argued that it wouldn’t work in a group situation, and since I’m not a mesmer there can’t be five of me for them to fight.

So, would you people like to prove our superiority to those who doubt the might of our undead hordes? I don’t think they are too much above our level and it would be nice to fight a slightly more organized group after all those PUGs.

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Sorry i couldn’t render the bloody thing faster. Going to let it render later today, and will upload it to you guys first thing tomorrow, or maybe even tonight.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

I sorta had a forum debate about viability of minions at Guru, and we decided to settle the matter with a few friendly duels, and after I crushed multiple times first my original opponent (as a thief, an engineer and a necromancer ) and then his bunker ranger friend we concluded that minions do indeed work in 1v1 situations. However, my opponents argued that it wouldn’t work in a group situation, and since I’m not a mesmer there can’t be five of me for them to fight.

So, would you people like to prove our superiority to those who doubt the might of our undead hordes? I don’t think they are too much above our level and it would be nice to fight a slightly more organized group after all those PUGs.

Im up for doing this aslong as its in the evening. Cant make today though.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

How about Friday or Saturday? (For MM vs premade thingy + the terror builds Nemesis was talking about last time assuming we don’t run out of time)

As a side note, after spending the last two days banging my head against a brick wall, I can now conclude that it is not possible to edit together clips with different formats or resolutions using Light Works. As a temporary solution I think I’ll just download Sony Vegas trial to get the older videos out, since I hear it’s supposed to be good.

It pains me to see that trial though – it’d be so easy to just remove those trial limits even with my programming skills. It’s really testing my no-piracy policy..

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Actually, having asked our opponents Friday or Saturday doesn’t work for them, so we’ll do that some time next week, not really sure on the exact date yet. Still, we could give those Terror builds a try this week.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

I don’t know how to say this… you know i rendered the thingies yesterday while i was out. Wanted to upload them today. I don’t know what possessed me to delete the old files before i uploaded it… i think i deleted the rendered version of it by accident, since i can’t find it anywhere. That’s the only explanation i have for it… i tried the search function using the name of the file that is now missing… nothing…
I deleted it when i deleted the unrendered files…

I’m sorry guys…

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Oh well, it happens. So long as I have someone’s footage I can always come up with something.

Just in case, have you checked the recycle bin? Unless you’ve disabled or emptied it the files could still be there.

I think I’ll have to give up trying to do fancy editing and just do the basic multi POV split for now since I’m already several weeks behind here. The main reason I’m having this much difficulties is that I’ve pushed my editing way further than what I’m used to, and apparently none of the programs I’ve tried so far can actually handle something like the image below. I’m going to figure this out eventually, but I can’t just take your footage and sit on it indefinitely.

Let’s just say I tried doing the games one game at a time in hopes that would be easier for the program, and this was the result of some six hours of editing on our first power only game. Or would have been, except like 1/4 of the clips were missing once it rendered..

Attachments:

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

How would Monday sound for the MM vs premade thingy? Either that or next week’s Thursday would suit our victims the best

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

Should both work for me.
I might not be able to talk tough.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

The time seems to suit everyone who has noticed it, so the slaughter will begin on Monday at around 7.30pm CEST (I’m hoping I did the math right here..)

Since the thread seems rather quiet, we might need some in game recruits. With that in mind, we should probably start a bit earlier, like 7.00 or 7.10 so that we have time to find those missing players

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

..It turns out our victim team’s mesmer will be missing, so we’ll have to move our fight with them to the next week. Still, we missed last week, so I think we’ll just do our usual thing instead.

TL;TD: No organized victims, but we’ll take random ones instead.

EDIT: Seems like we won’t be doing tournies today, but I’ll be online anyway so feel free to message me if you need me to kill some guardians for you

(edited by yski.7642)

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

So, the opponents I spoke of earlier would like to get crushed on Tuesday 8.00 pm CEST. Can anyone make it then?

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

flow.6043

So tomorrow?
Not sure yet, but I’ll try to make it.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Yup, tomorrow. I actually spoke with them way earlier, but I wanted to make sure I could be there before advertising it too much. I’m leaving for a one and a half weeks long trip abroad on Wednesday so that was more or less the latest possible time for me

Also, I’m finally uploading some of our earlier games, I’ll hopefully get at least two videos out before I have to leave. They aren’t as well edited as I was hoping for, but better than nothing I suppose.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

If you see me online when we are due to start, message me. Not 100% ill be able to play though.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Anyone else?

Also, it’d be good if we were there some 20 minutes in advance so we have time to find in-game recruits if need be.

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

Nemesis.8593

Sorry i wasn’t able to make it today… had to go out to take care of something, also i keep playing around with this kitten live streaming programs and live streaming channels…
So… much… stuff… to click on… AAAAAAA

EU tournament (5)

in Necromancer

yski.7642

Well, it didn’t go as well as it could have, partially because we were missing some of our best players and partially because it was definitely too late for me (I forgot to start recording, twice), but we didn’t lose too badly, so I suppose the point was sorta made. If five MMs work to some degree, a more sensible team composition with one or two should be viable so long as we aren’t talking about too high end tournaments.