Elite Concepts

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

After this patch each profession got a new heal as a way to expand the build diversity in a area that was really lacking. Well There is another area that is also very lacking in this game. And that would be the elite skills. So I would like to make a few suggestions that might be interesting for the necromancer profession. Do note before going into this, The Elites I’m suggesting are just ideas. So the “balance” of them might not be all there.

Phylactery: Summon a floating glowing green orb. When you would be downed you rally at the phylactery and it is destroyed. 120 second cool down when destroyed.
Summon Phylactery: Call your Phylactery to your current location. 5 second cool down.
If the phylactery is destroyed before you would go down, you lose half your health.

I’ve always enjoyed the idea of Liches. But I rarely get a chance to actually play like a lich. As close as some necromancers have gotten to the feel, it hasn’t happened. The Elite summons an object which other players or NPCs can see. This object can be carried by you or allies, or even destroyed by foes. This skill would have a high risk yet a high reward. It would give you a way to Disengage an enemy without actually having to leave a fight. But at the same time, if a player is crafty, they could get the up and up on you and soften you up for an easy kill. Much like the lich’s phylactery, it is a risky skill and you wouldn’t know when someone might be attacking it as it wouldn’t put you into combat. The fine tuning of the skill might need to be worked on because as a potential “get out of jail free” card the concept might be better sighted with caution.

Still I love the idea of being able to use something like this and it would be my elite of choice in Dungeons.

Well of the Profane: Summon a well that lasts 5 seconds that fears foes and heals downed and defeated allies each second. 90/120 second cool down.
Fear: 1(s) second
Healing downed: 20%
Healing defeated: 10%

The current necromancer elites are more offensive and less supportive. This one acts as a solid res skill that would lift allies out of the red zone or even help heal defeated allies if you are in a sticky situation yourself. Now I know the necromancer has a res skill already, but we are necromancers.. We are supposed to manipulate death. On the fear part, you often don’t want to be healing the same person for longer then you have to because it lengthen’s the fight further then it needs to be. So the added fear pulse gives you a way to push enemies out of the well so allies can heal themselves easier. Of course there is always the bonus of having terror along with master of terror that could give you a really long fear. But this is also an elite.

Verata’s Aura: Spectral skill. Gain life force and and summon a Jagged Horror when struck. lats 10 seconds. 90 second cool down.

Verata was a brilliant necromancer from the first game who experimented with minion mastery. This skill would be instant cast and could be activated while stunned or knocked down. This could also turn the tide of a battle in the necromancer’s favor now that a small army of Minions are being summoned from the ground.

These are 3 elite skills I would be happy to use in groups. Please leave a comment on your thoughts on what you might want for an elite on the necromancer. Do You like my ideas? do you hate them? Well you are going to tell me anyway. So lets discuses.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I really like your ideas. Especially the 3rd one!

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balefire.7592

Balefire.7592

Well of Blight: Target area draws foes in, then pulses, chilling and poisoning them.
Pull Range: 600; Radius : 240; Duration: 5s; Pulse: 1s; Chill: 5s; Poison: 5s; 90s CD

This is the perfect well to top them all off. Foes can’t run away with the pull+chill combo, and poison prevents them from healing through whatever damage you/your wells will do.

Tainted Power: Consume target foes’s conditions. You gain boons for each condition transferred this way.
Channel: 3s; Might: x8, 2s /condition; Fury: 2s /condition, Stability: 1s /condition; 90s CD

This is the double-edged sword that corruptions were meant to be. The more you suffer, the greater the benefits you reap. The symmetry is somewhat broken via condition removal/Consume Conditions, but then that’d require you to save up cooldowns for an elite, which seems fine.

Scrubbiest Necro NA.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Make Reaper of grenth have a hp bar related to ds.
right now reaper = instagib when in pvp. lose the damage you take to your hp bar and make it work with DS.

Or just have the signet of bad implemented as an elite.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

These ideas are so awesome!! Anet needs to give you lots of money now.

I like Tainted Power too, from the second poster, and I actually really like the pulsing grabby Well idea. It would be pretty good for Dagger Power Necros it seems. I hope we get both that and the rezzy Well!!

Also, making Signet of Spite an Elite might be really good. Warriors have a good Elite Signet, so I don’t see a thematic problem with it. The only issue is that it would actually probably strengthen the condi burst of a Necro, since our current elites don’t seem to be down the bursty vein and we would then be allowed to get another cool utility. This seems to be what Anet don’t want!

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Temariah.9372)

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

You know we used to have a Phylactery when in lich form, it was about a 40k hp object with like no armor that would make you immortal in lich form (its still here http://www.guildhead.com/search/lich#traits)

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Sepreh.5924

Sepreh.5924

Elite concepts:
1. Learn to play
2. Go zerker or go home
3. LF2M – WAR OR GUARD ONLY

Oh, wait…

;)

Legendary Sepreh, Necromancer
[SYN] Synyster Legion | Dragonbrand Server
Youtube Necromancer

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Temariah.9372

Temariah.9372

You know we used to have a Phylactery when in lich form, it was about a 40k hp object with like no armor that would make you immortal in lich form (its still here http://www.guildhead.com/search/lich#traits)

Why would they remove that?! It’s so cool!! Such an awesome skill being tied to an Elite that didn’t last long enough for it to be OP…

I think we should get a “get-out-of-jail-free” card when we go Lich. It would make it easier to bear losing all our utilities.

Temariah Dawnsong – “A new dawn is coming; sieze the day.”
Leader of The Harbingers of Serendipity [LIFE] : Fort Aspenwood

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I followed the game way before beta, but i cant even remember that existed. Its unbelievable.
You know, the game is 1 year old now, players got skilled (if they will to even adapt, Dhummfire ;D), so it would make sense to go back to early usefull ideas.
This and Shade and all that stuff before release … im amazed and sad at the same time.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Lily I often agree with your posts and ideas but Verata’s Aura is brilliant. With a reworking of the Death line, it could be such an attractive attrition skill, and give out opponents huge decisions to make as they start wearing us down. Very good. Although the only problem i can see is how OP death nova would become

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

I followed the game way before beta, but i cant even remember that existed. Its unbelievable.
You know, the game is 1 year old now, players got skilled (if they will to even adapt, Dhummfire ;D), so it would make sense to go back to early usefull ideas.
This and Shade and all that stuff before release … im amazed and sad at the same time.

Posted some things that are still technically coded in client on another thread that also make me sad not to see live, but back on topic i got my hands on the old Eurogamer 11?(dont remember correctly) demo version of GW2 so i had like all the old skills/posted most of em here on the forums, twas truly amazing and not just necor but engie and offensive guardian things and even some thief combos with traps and venoms, then my laptop crashed, i got my new (current) comp and forgot about it before letting the laptop get fixed.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

If you can describe a hole in the Necromancer’s play style, that would go much farther with the developers.

Lich – single target, high def, power/crit
Plague – AoE conditions, high def
Golem – Good sustained dps, interrupt, draws aggro (CC), no auto-end
Mistfire Wolf – L30 to, maybe, 60 elite summons to ease leveling

The racial skills really need a boost or to be reworked.

Identify a need for another elite skill and you have a chance.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Roe.3679

Roe.3679

I’ll always want new skills but IMO necro has the best elites in the game. I think only guardian and mesmer really come close.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Well of the profane in GW1 was poison + boon strip. That sounds good to me.

I wonder if we can’t get the toxic krait’s bubble as an elite.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

Well of Blight: Target area draws foes in, then pulses, chilling and poisoning them.
Pull Range: 600; Radius : 240; Duration: 5s; Pulse: 1s; Chill: 5s; Poison: 5s; 90s CD

I love this idea!

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kahrgan.7401

Kahrgan.7401

I’ll always want new skills but IMO necro has the best elites in the game. I think only guardian and mesmer really come close.

I dont agree there, depending on your spec, most of the elites leave you wanting.

Don’t call anyone out on their BS, that’s an infraction and a deleted post. —Anet.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Spitefull spirit – Curse
Cause the target to take X damage everytime it use a skill for 10 second (cannot be dispelled like confusion) could also put 25 stack of confusion and torment on target for 10 second
1 minute cooldown

Vampire embrace – blood
Cause every ability you use to siphon 500 hp (modifiable by healing power) for 30 second or triple the power of life siphoning
1 minute cooldown

Aura of the lich – Death
You have half your normal health but take half as much damage for 30 second upon activation you ressurect 1 bone minion +1 for every dead creature in a 1800 radius (the return of a classic)
1 minute cooldown

Reaper mark – Soul reaping
Place a reaper mark on the target, every attack the target takes gives 5% life force to the necromancer for 30 second and the target takes 20% more damage. If the target is slain the necromancer recover the totality of its life force and Reaper mark cooldown is halved.
2 minute cooldown

Spoil victor – Curse
If hiting a target that has less hp then the target the cursed takes 2000 – 4000 damage
last 10 second

Balance of life – blood
You and your target equalise health to the same amount. If you have less health then the target the target transfer health to you and vice versa (if a thief is full life and you are near dead you may use balance of life to go back to 50% while damaging the thief for the same amount)

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Lily I often agree with your posts and ideas but Verata’s Aura is brilliant. With a reworking of the Death line, it could be such an attractive attrition skill, and give out opponents huge decisions to make as they start wearing us down. Very good. Although the only problem i can see is how OP death nova would become

everywhere becomes a poison field? If the rumors are true about the change to death nova to spawn jagged horrors, then I think that Anet might change jagged horrors to be unable to trigger it.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

That’s fair. Great idea though.

I was always hoping for something similar to Tainted Flesh but with bleed and Torment stacks.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tainted_Flesh

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

Blood Frenzy
For 15 seconds gain quickness and stability. During this period your attacks siphon a large amount of health. Allies are healed for a small portion of this amount.

That’s all I could ever hope for as a tanky/power build…

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Hi lily!

Love the idea for the well… would make me love my recently levelled wellmancer more if i had tht :P

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

That’s fair. Great idea though.

I was always hoping for something similar to Tainted Flesh but with bleed and Torment stacks.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Tainted_Flesh

I would just want tainted flesh as a trigger in death shroud. I’ve suggested bringing disease back multiple times.

Elite Concepts

in Necromancer

Lily.1935

Hi lily!

Love the idea for the well… would make me love my recently levelled wellmancer more if i had tht :P

Ty. I like it too. I would use it even if I wasn’t specking for wells. the ability to revive allies without wasting a utility slot and having a safe area that pushes foes out is just really appealing to me as an elite.