Elite Skills Fixed!

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: kinderghast.8501

kinderghast.8501

Plague and Lich Form now correctly state:

“Entering this form destroys all minions and removes spectral effects”

And you guys thought you could use minions, as a Necromancer! What a silly idea!

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Actually, this is the art of making a bug into a feature!

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

kinderghast.8501

Life-steal traits now correctly heal enemies for <0.05% of damage dealt. Self-Healing has been removed as this was not intended

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

This thread has potential…

Spectral Grasp and Dark Path now correctly land only on foes who are standing still or AFK

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

Added another Dark Combo Field to Downed State as Necro’s didn’t have enough

Reduced Death Shroud Health and Dmg since a few Necro’s were mastering it

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

kinderghast.8501

Direct damage component has been removed from all Necromancer weapon skills as this was decided to be contrary to class design as the première condition class

Condition damage on Necromancer weapon skills has been raised to account for removal of direct damage component

Necromancer applied bleeds now scale to apply 2% of indicated condition damage rating instead of 5% as occasionally other classes were being killed in 1v1 after the Necromancer had been downed. This was not intended behaviour

Necromancer applied condition duration from all sources has been halved

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Archmagel.1350

Archmagel.1350

Lich Form- Upon entering this form, you will be transformed into a giant lich (now 5x as large), have no skills, and a target will be placed on you.

Epidemic- Casting this skill causes conditions to be spread to nearby allies

Any amount of fears have been removed

Fort Aspenwood~ Archmage Logan(80 Necro)
(“Big Hat”)Praise the Sun!

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hufflepuffer.4201

Hufflepuffer.4201

Summoning a Blood Fiend in sPvP or WvW now correctly places a giant bullseye over your character’s head

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

I took the time to look over the roster of my guild. Out of 460+ members, there were 14 Necromancers. I think this fix could easily double that!

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: chuiu.4985

chuiu.4985

My guild used to have a dozen necromancers. Only like 3 still play their necro.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rizach.4852

Rizach.4852

Staffs for necro is now an offhand weapon only and it’s damage has been removed. This was always ment as an esthetic element.

The downed state has been rewamped. Necros will now instantly die to reflect their role play element.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Girjon.3560

Girjon.3560

:< this is sad what i see..
why us?

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecropsY.8649

NecropsY.8649

+1 this thread so true

arena net intended GW2 to have 8 classes

necros were added as a filler class that no one cares about

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: possante.8310

possante.8310

Necrotip Grasp now correctly state:

cosmetic skill that give you a beautiful scythe effect *

*this can be change on future since could be OP

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dibrom.6408

Dibrom.6408

Flesh Golem:
Summon a Flesh Golem to watch you fight. This minion does not attack.

Plague Signet:
Passive: Apply copies of conditions your allies are suffering.
Active: Stop applying copies of conditions your allies are suffering.

Arenanet: The paragon of truth.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Rizach.4852

Necros are now concidered a mini as intended

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Asmodean.5820

Asmodean.5820

Flesh Golem:
Summon a Flesh Golem to watch you fight. This minion does not attack.

Plague Signet:
Passive: Apply copies of conditions your allies are suffering.
Active: Stop applying copies of conditions your allies are suffering.

Flesh Golem:
Added a party hat for Halloween season and the Flesh Golem claps excitedly now to the rythm of blows landing on the necromancer

New Plague Signet:
The following change will now better reflect the incarnation of plague the necromancer is (for his own team. Hey, we never stated that he was a plague for the enemy. So that’s only fair.)
Passive: Stripping boons of your allies
Active: Sending all the gathered boons to your enemies.

Necrotic Grasp:
The speed of the projectile was reduced by another 20% because a crippled and frozen mesmer was accidentally hit which caused an uproad in the mesmer forum

Bone Fiend:
The fiend now snares the necromancer. His snare never landed on the enemy anyway and it was easier to code it that way. Have fun!

Hotfix
Bone Fiend:
The new bone fiend was delete from the game because some clever player abused it as a bondage fiend for roleplaying

(edited by Asmodean.5820)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: samkong.2719

samkong.2719

All work on Necros will be stopped because Death Shroud.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

Necromancer kills in PvP and WvWvW are classed as NPC kills and as the Krait type for Daily kills, but for the sake of balance we made their pull skill always be obstructed and gave it the speed of the cosmetc scythe claw.

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Onedoesnotsimply.5740

This thread delivers! +1

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

Minions:
We weren’t quite content with how minions were implemented, so we removed the minion utilities completely and added them as a couple of minor traits similar to ‘Reanimator’. Those new traits can be found as the 5-point-minor-trait of every trait line

Fear:
Some fear durations were overpowered so there are some minor tweaks to a couple of fear-related abilities:
Reaper’s Mark: From 1s to 0.3s
Doom: From 1s to 0.4s
Fear: From 2s to 0.6s
Other fear-causing abilities are balanced and remain unchanged.
The trait ‘Master of Terror’ has been removed.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by RashanDale.3609)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: XxCoOkyxX.8042

XxCoOkyxX.8042

An error in the character creation was fixed. The class necromancer has been removed.
This was clearly a bug and all player who picked the class necromancer were banned for exploiting.

(edited by XxCoOkyxX.8042)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Rizach.4852

“Due to many complains from theifs about sometimes not 2 shotting necros we decided to balance the game a bit”:
Death shroud now uses your normal health, this can potentially kill the necromancer.

(edited by Rizach.4852)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Seriously now, didn’t Lich Form already destroy Minions before thsi patch and they just added the information to the tooltip?

Also, if you were going for a minion master build, you wouldn’t use Lich or Plague form as your elites, would you?

Jeeesh, the amount of whining about a class that pretty much lets you faceroll through PvE…>_> ALL professions are bugged and ALL players are whing about their poor bugged professions which don’t allow for any decent gameplay. One of my friends, who started with an ele as her main, is now whining even more about that main being far too fragile since she started a necro alt…

Polka will never die

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: XxCoOkyxX.8042

XxCoOkyxX.8042

Frotee,
you can faceroll through PvE with any class,
sure other classes have bugs too, but necro has the most bugs, we can even heal enemeys -_-
and even with all the bugs most other professions can still play different builds, but necro has only 1-2 decent buills because all other builds doent work with all the bugged traits, did you even play minion master? the pet ai is so stupid, most of the time the pets just stand there and do nothing to help you or the are even stupid enough to aggro all mobs around you

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Alkaline.2809

Alkaline.2809

Voodoo Doll signet now transforms you into a doll that any enemy can carry you around as a novelty item.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

possante.8310

“An error in the character creation was fixed. The class necromancer has been removed.
This was clearly a bug and all player who picked the class necromancer were banned for exploiting.”

xDDD good stuff

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Onedoesnotsimply.5740

Haha. “Srsly guys all classes are bugged! My friend rolled an elementalist…” I stopped reading there. Probably a thief player.

This thread reminds me of vanilla wow hunter forums. Thanks guys I missed those days, however this is why I don’t play the lottery. I pick the 2 worst classes in both great mmos ugh.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

possante.8310

plague signet:
-active: copy conditions from allies to you
-passive: a false BS that stop copy conditions from allies

reanimator trait: summon a useless pet that instantly die just because is fun see minions dying

golem: summon a flesh golem statue that sometimes cames to life and start to atack enemy

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: RashanDale.3609

RashanDale.3609

reanimator trait: summon a useless pet that instantly die just because is fun see minions dying

so they changed…nothing?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
Gunnar’s Hold

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

possante.8310

i think you didnt get the point of this topic…

(edited by possante.8310)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

If you can’t fix it or don’t care, just turn a bug into a feature. Brilliant! Is this a MMO first?? What a perfect way for a developer to claim a class has few bugs…just call everything working as intended. ANET did say they want to be different=)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Frotee.2634

“Haha. “Srsly guys all classes are bugged! My friend rolled an elementalist…” I stopped reading there. Probably a thief player.”

Yeah, sure…don’t you love stereotypes >_> No, she doesn’t play a thief, she brought an elementalist to 80 and then started a necro, whom she is enjoying immensely.
And yes, ALL professions ARE bugged and their players are whining about it, and it is not just the necromancer who apparently has only 1 or 2 viable builds – heck, the lacking build variety in rangers was just confirmed by a dev. So stop playing “oh dear me everyone hates us etc.” rollseyes

By the way – yes, I did play Minion master until about level 60. Even despite the buggy minion AI, it was laughably easy. And I still feel that there are classes which make PvE way more difficult to solo than necro. And before we start arguing which profession has the most bugs…well, I want some statistic with that.

With the amount of QQing going on, you’d think the necromancer was unplayble at the moment – which it simply isn’t.

Polka will never die

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Dispari.3980

Dispari.3980

I just wish Flesh Golem could swim. It seems silly that the only elite I can use underwater kills all my pets. So I have to not use pets, or not use an elite.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Rending Claws damage reduced by 90%. Added half a second of vulnerability to compensate.

Fixed a bug where siphoning health traits would affect skills other than Blood Fiend.

Leman

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

There is not enough challenge getting into the game…

“At the character selection screen the necromancer icon will correctly avoid being clicked by sliding the icon across the bar when the mouse pointer gets close.”

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Josher.9612

“Haha. “Srsly guys all classes are bugged! My friend rolled an elementalist…” I stopped reading there. Probably a thief player.”

Yeah, sure…don’t you love stereotypes >_> No, she doesn’t play a thief, she brought an elementalist to 80 and then started a necro, whom she is enjoying immensely.
And yes, ALL professions ARE bugged and their players are whining about it, and it is not just the necromancer who apparently has only 1 or 2 viable builds – heck, the lacking build variety in rangers was just confirmed by a dev. So stop playing “oh dear me everyone hates us etc.” rollseyes

By the way – yes, I did play Minion master until about level 60. Even despite the buggy minion AI, it was laughably easy. And I still feel that there are classes which make PvE way more difficult to solo than necro. And before we start arguing which profession has the most bugs…well, I want some statistic with that.

With the amount of QQing going on, you’d think the necromancer was unplayble at the moment – which it simply isn’t.

Just read the bug list thread. Like others, staying ignorant to the problems makes the game more enjoyable. I wish I never came here, since I wouldn’t have even realized how broken things actually are. Ignorance is bliss. Of course the class is playable, but when you play others, then come back, you realize just how broken it is. I can faceroll mobs in 3 hits with my Guardian. I can stand around as a Ranger and pew, pew, pew away. Barely have to think. Not so with a Necro. Before I rerolled other classes I thought WOW, this MMO is “slightly” difficult, then I realized its just the Necro. GW2 is just as easy as every other MMO is you play a “working” class.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

Nobody said this game was overly difficult, but having so many bugged abilities doesn’t add to the enjoyment, especially when other classes are largely functional if not balanced.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Frotee.2634

Just read the bug list thread. Like others, staying ignorant to the problems makes the game more enjoyable. I wish I never came here, since I wouldn’t have even realized how broken things actually are. Ignorance is bliss. Of course the class is playable, but when you play others, then come back, you realize just how broken it is. I can faceroll mobs in 3 hits with my Guardian. I can stand around as a Ranger and pew, pew, pew away. Barely have to think. Not so with a Necro. Before I rerolled other classes I thought WOW, this MMO is “slightly” difficult, then I realized its just the Necro. GW2 is just as easy as every other MMO is you play a “working” class.

Believe me, I know the bug list – doesn’t make the profession much less enjoyable to me. Guardian, seriously does feel OP, but I still don’t enjoy it – but then, I never much based my fun around how I was supereffective. If I can “get things done” in a way that is acceptable to me, I’m fine. Of course I’d like to see the bugs fixed (and see some of the axe power return we had in beta) – but I still just don’t get how you all fell so badly underpowered and doomed on the necro. What do I care if others can do stuff better than me if I’m not enjoying the way they are doing it?
I’m not into competitive gameplay. I do his for fun, in my limited freetime – and I have a rather positive outlook at life. If I was so angry about how specific aspects of my class don’t work..well, I just wouldn’t waste my time complaining about it to no end. I’d write abug report and move on to something more enjoyable, which is why the neverending QQing in here is driving me nuts – and why I rarely ever visit the necromancer forums.

Polka will never die

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Teknomancer.8475

Teknomancer.8475

-All necro weapon abilities now redirect the necro to these forums on use
-All Necro healing skills now replace the necros last forum post with the single word “Kitten”.
-All necro utiliy skills now cause the necro to gain +1 infractures.

The necro elite skills have been replaced with a new skill.
-Infracture : When used the necro is logged out of the forums and put directly into a tpvp game 1 vrs 5. The other team is 5 mesmers. Enjoy.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: lettucemode.3789

lettucemode.3789

What amuses me most about this thread, even more than the funny fake patch notes, is the fact that some people thought think that ArenaNet is covering up this bug by calling it a feature. How do you guys “know” that this behavior is a bug? Do you have a link to a dev post or some other source?

Minions aren’t pets – they are utility skills. Like all utility skills, if they’re not on your bar, you can’t use them. When transforming into Lich or Plague form, all of your utility skills, including your heal skill, are removed from your bar. Thus it makes perfect sense that the minions would go away too. Some people were getting confused because this wasn’t explained properly, so they modified the tooltip to clarify. What is the problem here?

Sanctum of Rall
Builds: Facemelter Watch The Health Bar

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

What amuses me most about this thread, even more than the funny fake patch notes, is the fact that some people thought think that ArenaNet is covering up this bug by calling it a feature. How do you guys “know” that this behavior is a bug? Do you have a link to a dev post or some other source?

Minions aren’t pets – they are utility skills. Like all utility skills, if they’re not on your bar, you can’t use them. When transforming into Lich or Plague form, all of your utility skills, including your heal skill, are removed from your bar. Thus it makes perfect sense that the minions would go away too. Some people were getting confused because this wasn’t explained properly, so they modified the tooltip to clarify. What is the problem here?

They know because it is a confirmed bug in the bug report thread sticky’d at the top of the forum, that mods and devs go through. That is how most bugs are widely known.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

They know because it is a confirmed bug in the bug report thread sticky’d at the top of the forum, that mods and devs go through. That is how most bugs are widely known.

Whaaaaaat? Because a group of people NOT related to the development or design of the game decide something is a bug, it’s automatically a bug??

Bugs are added to that thread by us, the players. They are also confirmed by us, the players. Mods and devs read the thread, so what? That does not imply that they approve of everything that is in it, or that they agree that everything in it is a bug.

We as players can report on issues or behaviors we feel are bugs. We do not have the final say as to whether or not these things are actually bugs. That’s a decision for the game designers. The bug list stickied in this forums has no more worth than an internet petition.

EDIT: Just to head anyone off who would jump to conclusions about this post…yes, many of the items in that list are legitimate bugs. That does not imply that every item on that list is automatically a bug just because it is on the list.

Sanctum of Rall

(edited by lettucemode.3789)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Killua.8041

Killua.8041

Plague Signet now turns your allies into Necromancers for 240 seconds. They do not have the weapon skills trained, however.

O Killua O – Asura Mesmer | Killuas – Asura Engineer
Bookah Protector – Asura Guardian | Trapped Spirit – Asura Necromancer

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Dibrom.6408

Minions aren’t pets – they are utility skills. Like all utility skills, if they’re not on your bar, you can’t use them. When transforming into Lich or Plague form, all of your utility skills, including your heal skill, are removed from your bar. Thus it makes perfect sense that the minions would go away too.

Engineer elite transformation: Turrets don’t explode
Warrior elite transformation: Banners don’t disappear
Elementalist elite transformation: Elemental doesn’t die

Minions are a necro utility so it’s different I guess. WORKING AS INTENDED!

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Josher.9612

Whaaaaaat? Because a group of people NOT related to the development or design of the game decide something is a bug, it’s automatically a bug??

Bugs are added to that thread by us, the players. They are also confirmed by us, the players. Mods and devs read the thread, so what? That does not imply that they approve of everything that is in it, or that they agree that everything in it is a bug.

We as players can report on issues or behaviors we feel are bugs. We do not have the final say as to whether or not these things are actually bugs. That’s a decision for the game designers. The bug list stickied in this forums has no more worth than an internet petition.

EDIT: Just to head anyone off who would jump to conclusions about this post…yes, many of the items in that list are legitimate bugs. That does not imply that every item on that list is automatically a bug just because it is on the list.

If I made the game or designed the class, I could go through our bug list and say, “Bug” or “Intended” in about 10 minutes. If something everyone thinks is a bug, is actually intended, it would take no time at all to confirm it and instantly explain exactly where they stand. Almost everything on that list has been there for a while. “We’re working on it” is a non answer. Being a project manager for many years, this is all cake to take care of. Basic customer service and business IMHO. If 1/2 the things we thought were bugs were clarified as working as intended, then that would clear up a whole lot.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Posted by: Unpredictability.4086

Unpredictability.4086

Death Shroud now fits it’s name more accurately. During Death Shroud, the player has an unremovable, exponential health degeneration to their main HP bar.

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

lettucemode.3789

@Dibrom, if it’s inconsistent between classes, as you claim (and I haven’t tested it so I don’t know), then I think that should be standardized across the classes, one way or another. If necro minions are considered different from all those other for balance reasons, that should be explained to us.

@Josher, I agree it’d be nice to get some responses specific to necromancers.

Sanctum of Rall

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Dibrom.6408

Death Shroud now fits it’s name more accurately. During Death Shroud, the player has an unremovable, exponential health degeneration to their main HP bar.

Oh I like this one. How about the abilities?

Life Blast
Lose 5% of your health, heal the enemy for 5% of their health
Dark Path
Apply blindness to yourself for every step you take
Doom
Player takes the fetal position and yells “Not the face!”
Life Transfer
Drains your health and restores the health of foes

EDIT:

@Dibrom, if it’s inconsistent between classes, as you claim (and I haven’t tested it so I don’t know), then I think that should be standardized across the classes, one way or another. If necro minions are considered different from all those other for balance reasons, that should be explained to us.

The reason is…
Death Shroud!

(edited by Dibrom.6408)

Elite Skills Fixed!

in Necromancer

Teknomancer.8475

I’m quite sorry that you feel that was Lettuceman. I have chatted a bit with They Are Hashes and I do not for one minute think he would ever update the main portion of that thread with any non-sense that was not actually a bug. Confirmed by the community to me is just about the same as confirmed as by the devs. The testing that they would do for it is about the same as we could. Seek—replicate—report.

If you don’t think minions going away while in moa form or any other form is a bug, then that is quite okay. Like you said , it is all subjective opinion. Most necros just happen to agree on that subjective opinion, that’s all.