Elite Spec Egg basket

Elite Spec Egg basket

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

There has been quite a bit of talk about a ‘Leak’ that has happened lately involving a specific elite specialization. Now I’m not going to say the leak is wrong, on the contrary there is reason to believe that it very well could be true. The prospect of the elite is extremely interesting as it stands and has gotten quite a few people talking about the potential of this elite spec. However, I’m not going to be talking about its potential.

So This is for the community and not the devs as they’ll do what they want. Although their decisions can and have been influenced by player desires this isn’t usually something that will change their mind for large decisions such as elite spec themes and story decisions.

I’d like to say that I think people should be aware when talking about this elite spec that its very possible that even if its true that we could be getting something completely different with an entirely different theme. The reason I say this is because we don’t know how far in development the next expansion is or how far along the elite specs are themselves. It could be possible that at the time of the leak that the specs we saw where only the most popular options among development but the decision wasn’t finalized.

I don’t want to see people disappointed if it ends up being something else. I’m sure whatever arena net decides to do it’ll be super fun to play. Reaper surprised a lot of us and was far cooler than we expected. I know many of us are not putting all of our elite spec eggs in one basket, however there are people who are.

Now I’m not telling people not to discuss the possibilities it might arise. Keep doing that. I think speculative discussion is very good for the longevity of a game and can also be helpful to the devs whom might get some insight on what people are interested in.

I personally love something about this leak. But its not the information that its revealed itself but the implications for the future of the game. There are far more elite specialization options available that we could dip into than we previously realized. Never in all my speculation would I have guessed a Mummy/sand spirit would be inspiration for an elite spec, but the concept gets me really excited for other not so obvious possibilities. Maybe someday we get a more Fungus based Elite spec that uses plants that feed on the dead and decay really pushing into the Rot territory. Perhaps we’ll see something inspired by the yokai.

I look forward to the future and what it holds. I’m especially excited to see what other professions might bring to the table with their designs.

Elite Spec Egg basket

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Keep that positive attitude, Lily. It is why we both continue to play Necromancer.

Decreasing the rat population should show the developers the true weaknesses of this profession just as cutting down on boon-sharing does for Mesmer.

Elite Spec Egg basket

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lily.1935

Lily.1935

Keep that positive attitude, Lily. It is why we both continue to play Necromancer.

Decreasing the rat population should show the developers the true weaknesses of this profession just as cutting down on boon-sharing does for Mesmer.

Thanks.