Elite Well Skill

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jarvis.9540

Jarvis.9540

It stands to reason that we’ll eventually get an elite well skill now that they’ve changed categorizations of the elite and healing skills to match the utilities. With that in mind, what would you guys like to see in an elite well skill? I myself would like damage to enemies + invulnerability to allies inside the well.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Allies gain pulsing unblockable and a damage buff. Not sure what it should do to enemies though. And call it Well of Ruin.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Jackalrat.5493

Jackalrat.5493

Allies gain pulsing unblockable and a damage buff. Not sure what it should do to enemies though. And call it Well of Ruin.

I like it. Maybe pulses add torment, poison, or weakness.

Maybe go a hellfire/dhuumfire route n’ jazz it up with some green flames, and have it apply burning.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

I like it. Maybe pulses add torment, poison, or weakness.

Maybe go a hellfire/dhuumfire route n’ jazz it up with some green flames, and have it apply burning.

Not too shabby. Maybe instead of a damage buff, a buff called “Balefire” that grants allies burning on hit. Or both but that would just be me being greedy. Something that would be valued in todays meta and give necros much needed party support.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

Well of souls: crack open the ground to release souls of the dead. If a soul hits an ally: apply stability and 2% damage buff for 6s. If a soul hits an enemy: apply 5 vuln (6s) and weakness. Add some damage.
Would work as a meteor shower….but then as a well from the ground going upwards…

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: tboneking.2531

tboneking.2531

What about a large radius well (size of T3 longbow burst) that pulses 5 stacks of might might and gives allies condition duration? Probably should also do some sort of debuffing effect on enemies, but I could go for an offensive support minded elite that gets a shorter cooldown because it doesnt have direct offensive properties (damage, condis, ect.). the only problem is that it would cover up fire fields, which we all know how people feel about that.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Luke.4562

Luke.4562

Make way, adulescents.

A large well similar to Elementalist’s Static Field and Necrid Trap from Lupicus.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Static_Field_
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Giganticus_Lupicus

A more proper Unholy, Dimensional Cage stopping people inside and maybe draining large amounts of health to heal the Necro and his teammates.

This would effectively combo with Wells, Minions, Marks, Epidemic…
Also it would give control in WvW, and solve some PVP focusfire and chasing problems Necro has.

Attachments:

ALPHA, BETA, several months, … 1 Year later…“When it’s ready”[cit.]

(edited by Luke.4562)

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Bhawb.7408

Bhawb.7408

It stands to reason that we’ll eventually get an elite well skill now that they’ve changed categorizations of the elite and healing skills to match the utilities. With that in mind, what would you guys like to see in an elite well skill? I myself would like damage to enemies + invulnerability to allies inside the well.

Your entire premise is off though. We didn’t get new skills to fit every utility type, we got changes to old skills so that (almost) every skill has a utility type. There is nothing to suggest we’ll ever get new elites outside elite specs, which would have their own utility type.

But of Corpse – Watch us on YouTube
My PvP Minion Build

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Skoigoth.9238

Skoigoth.9238

Make way, adulescents.

A large well similar to Elementalist’s Static Field and Necrid Trap from Lupicus.

A more proper Unholy, Dimensional Cage stopping people inside and maybe draining large amounts of health to heal the Necro and his teammates.

Also it would give control in WvW, and solve some PVP focusfire and chasing problems Necro has.

… Yes. Please!

Attachments:

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Your entire premise is off though. We didn’t get new skills to fit every utility type, we got changes to old skills so that (almost) every skill has a utility type. There is nothing to suggest we’ll ever get new elites outside elite specs, which would have their own utility type.

They could eventually add skills to give every skill type from the core professions an equal number of skills. So every type has a heal , an elite and 4 utilities. And to be honest they probably should eventually do this. Which means they need to actually categorise Shelter on guard. Or give every class at least 1 non categorised heal skill.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

They could, they could also do a lot of things, but there is no reason to believe they will.

My PvP Minion Build

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

i still want plague to be a well around you while u can still use skills aka like reaper of grenth (human elite) but realistically there is no reason to change or add ANY skill to a category in the game because it would mess up the specializations system again. we wont see any new heals or elites or whatever anytime soon as thats what elite specs are for.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Brujeria.7536

Brujeria.7536

Id love to get a full set of skills for each type.

As for what kinda well, i think something thats based around lifesiphon and damage. We got nearly every aspect of the necromancer covered into the main theme of the wells, except for lifesiphon.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

If said thing were to happen, I would want it to be something like this:

Well of Transfusion
Create a well that transfers health and boons from enemies to allies.
Life siphon damage: 400 (0.2)
Life siphon healing: 400 (0.5)
Number of targets: 5
Pulse: 1s
Duration: 6s
Radius: 240
Combo field: Ethereal
Range: 900
Unblockable

For boon rip priority, I think it should be something like this:
protection, swiftness, vigor, might, resistance, stability

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

I came up with a concept for an elite well a few years ago I think. Or one year. It was around a Christmas I think.

I remember the concept being something like this

• Well of Devouring
    Suck your foes in and and deal damage and heal based on the amount of boons removed

And the first pulse of the well would Pull foes within 900 radius to its centre and remove all boons and deal increasing amounts of damage based on the amount of boons consumed with a base modifier of 1.0 and +0.10 per boon devoured on target. Then it would pulse 3 more times doing damage with a 0.70 base modifier and inflicting 3 Bleeds and 2 Torment while Pulling foes within back to its centre every pulse with the 5th pulse Launching foes away the same distance as the first Pull and healing you for 100 base with a 0.10 healing power modifier based on the amount of boons that were removed by the initial pulse.

I did of course realize it was overpowered as kitten and pretty stupid, but it sounded cool in my head at the time. I did feel a minor amount of saltiness when I first saw Gravity Well announced for Mesmer since it was sort of similar to what I had envisioned.

(edited by Aktium.9506)

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Goldenrevolver.4371

Goldenrevolver.4371

we already have 2 wells that deal damage. i think its not good if we have another fire-and-forget skill to increase our damage output. also as some of the people wanted boon stripping or life leeching, we already have that on our current wells. dont make a simple upgrade

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

None of our wells affect both allies and enemies (vampiric wells notwithstanding). That’s Chronomancer territory.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

You can never have enough damage, lad.

Besides, at the time my reasoning for it was that there wasn’t a proper offensive condi elite nor a well that did CC.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: OlliX.1705

OlliX.1705

Make way, adulescents.

omfg yes… o__o

[qT] Necro main.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swiftwynd.1685

Swiftwynd.1685

Make way, adulescents.

omfg yes… o__o

Call it Well of Despair.

The Lupi cage will cause sooooo much Triggered in our enemies :^)

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Drekor.5217

Drekor.5217

I’d like to see

2s Weakness per tick
1s Chill per tick
Allies transfer conditions to enemies every tick (1-2 per tick)
Heal allies in range based on the damage done

The Shipwrecked Pirates
Tarnished Coast

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Why not make one called
“Gates of Well” that applies a metric butt load of burning, torment, and cripple or weakness? I mean, ya got your healing well, boon hate well, condi hate well, mitigation well, and your power damage well. A condi damage well would be a nice addition.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

What about a large radius well (size of T3 longbow burst) that pulses 5 stacks of might might and gives allies condition duration? Probably should also do some sort of debuffing effect on enemies, but I could go for an offensive support minded elite that gets a shorter cooldown because it doesnt have direct offensive properties (damage, condis, ect.). the only problem is that it would cover up fire fields, which we all know how people feel about that.

Nope, won´t change anything. Might is easy to get, unique buffs/debuffs or unbelieveable dmg are the way to make necromancers useful.

I like some of the other ideas.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

Well of Madness
casts taunt on enemies inside, but here’s the fun part, the taunts are on eachother!
button mashers will end up killing their allies >:-3

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

They already used the best possible idea on Mesmer :/ Well that keep the enemies in it and all other AoEs.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: DarkMezmer.5198

DarkMezmer.5198

Why not name it Well of the kitten ed and have it pulse 3stacks of torment(5s), weakness(10s),and Taunt for 10s. With a 80s cd and a dark field(since Anet won’t give us any better ones). Could use it to peel opponents of your team and set them up for your to well bomb or epidemic them if you or a team mate stacked some condis on one of enemies. Could also use it to pull foes to you just to staff 5 them away to keep them off balanced.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cylokin.2560

Cylokin.2560

Necro could use some more party utilities, maybe include some quickness in there among other things.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

Well of Madness
casts taunt on enemies inside, but here’s the fun part, the taunts are on eachother!

Oh god that would be so kittening cool.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Well of Crows. 2 second channel, then does a 1500 range shadowstep and drops the well at your destination. Does 50% more damage than WoS and immobilizes.

comes with cawcawcaw sound effect

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

Well of Crows. 2 second channel, then does a 1500 range shadowstep and drops the well at your destination. Does 50% more damage than WoS and immobilizes.

So necromancers become fiddlesticks? ^^
I don’t think this would fit the theme of wells, but whatever.

Since Anet wants to introduce more stomping skills, how about that.

Well of corpses. Summons a well at the target location. Deals damage and inflicts some conditions on the enemies like poison and bleeding. If there is an enemy in downstate inside of the well, the next pulse will stomp him immediately. Would have a nice animation, the hands of the dead would pull him below the ground.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

So necromancers become fiddlesticks? ^^
I don’t think this would fit the theme of wells, but whatever.

Since Anet wants to introduce more stomping skills, how about that.

Well of corpses. Summons a well at the target location. Deals damage and inflicts some conditions on the enemies like poison and bleeding. If there is an enemy in downstate inside of the well, the next pulse will stomp him immediately. Would have a nice animation, the hands of the dead would pull him below the ground.

Lets be real fiddlesticking up into clocktower from beneath would be esports.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I would like a unique condition and/or a unique boon similar to how Chronomancer got unique boon, on the Well.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

Well of Madness

I want that. Along with healing to allies.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zalaz.3105

Zalaz.3105

Whatever it is, I’d like to see it be something we have little to none of right now, such as burn or aegis.

Offensively, I’d like to see a burn stack every pulse.
Defensively, I’d like to see aegis applied every pulse.
Passively, I’d like to see an elite signet for necromancers :P

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Bhawb.7408

Whatever it is, I’d like to see it be something we have little to none of right now, such as burn or aegis.

You’re about as likely to see us get stealth as either of those suggestions. Which is to say it won’t happen.

My PvP Minion Build

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Zalaz.3105

You’re about as likely to see us get stealth as either of those suggestions. Which is to say it won’t happen.

Anet gave rangers a healing elite spec, guardians a bow elite spec, necros a projectile negation on their poison cloud skill and added a foreign skill type to over half of the classes (Wells, Glyphs, Shouts etc.). At this point, I’d say anything is a possible implementation. Look at Dhuumfire lol. Who would have thought our class would someday be able to apply and sustain the burn condition like that.

In regard to the wells. We’re talking about elite skills here. A burn or aegis elite well is fine when you consider the other elite necro skills it would be up against.

(edited by Zalaz.3105)

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Captain Unusual.9163

Captain Unusual.9163

Anet gave rangers a healing elite spec, guardians a bow elite spec, necros a reflect on their poison cloud skill and added a foreign skill type to over half of the classes (Wells, Glyphs, Shouts etc.). At this point, I’d say anything is a possible implementation. Look at Dhuumfire lol. Who would have thought our class would someday be able to apply and sustain burn.

We got a reflect?

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Zalaz.3105

We got a reflect?

Sorry, fixed it. Thanks

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

I don’t think an elite well skill is necessary.

You have to think less of just filling out ability types and more about the actual purpose it would serve.

We already have the best power damage elite in the game with lich form, we already have a really good condition elite, we have an “always up” elite, and we’re getting an aoe crowd control elite. I don’t feel like there’s much functionality you could add in an elite well that wouldn’t overlap.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Treetoptrickster.4205

Treetoptrickster.4205

Well of Respite – 120s recharge, Cast time: instant

Create a well that anchors allies to this world. While within the well allies gain stability and are prevented from falling below 10% of their maximum health until they leave the well or until it expires naturally. Allies already below 10% simply cannot have their health lowered any further. Affected allies can still be hit, healed, have conditions applied to them, and boons removed. They will be vulnerable to any effects other than death.

Duration – 5 seconds
Pulses – 6
Stability – 1s x 2 stacks
Allies affected – 5
Combo field – dark

Just an idea here. This well would be used when you know the fight could be won easily, if only your team wasn’t pretty much dead. In such a case you would drop this well. Allies within can still be brought to the brink of death, so don’t waste it when it won’t prevent anything! While protected you can focus on wearing the enemy down to your level, or lower. A way for your entire party to cheat death and turn the tides on the enemy. Counterplay would be to simply see that the well is being dropped and not waste important skills. If you have a load of CC or a coordinated team you could attempt to move a foe out of it and root them there long enough to kill. The continual application of stability should make this difficult though. If this well is cast pre-emptively you can always make sure to injure foes inside as much as possible so that they’re easy picking when the well runs out.

(edited by Treetoptrickster.4205)

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: meow one twenty.4376

meow one twenty.4376

I still think Plague could be made into an elite Well (if Warriors can have a mobile fire field because they light themselves on fire, we can use our bodies to channel a Well through).

So, I would have to offer a modified Plague as my candidate and give Corruptions a new Elite: Bitter Sacrifice. Sacrifice half your health to heal teammates around you for the same amount you lose, you are Chilled. Master of Corruptions also applies Slow to the user.

Alright meow, where were we?

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Easy pease. Just give Necromancer AoE version of old Protective Spirit with HPower scalling and little something.

Attachments:

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lucian.8235

Lucian.8235

I don’t know if an elite well should or shouldn’t exist, or of what type, but the image of an extra big well looks pretty neat in my head, that’s for sure.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: DTATL.9641

DTATL.9641

I still think Plague could be made into an elite Well (if Warriors can have a mobile fire field because they light themselves on fire, we can use our bodies to channel a Well through).

If plague would become a well it would be a strong reset button. The lifesteal from the well trait, 3 stab and permablind(kind of). While this would be kind of exciting I think it’s too strong(but that might only be me being used to necro being weak for so long). I think turning plague into something like ventaris tablet and give it only one form would be a more likely change if plague ever gets one. It would make condi build more bursty instead of sacrificing condi output to transform. But that’s not really part of the discussion here I guess.

Anyway, I think it’s more likely we get a new elite well rather then making plague one. There’s probably a reason they “nerfed” it into a corruption.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Xiehr the Scorpio.4167

Xiehr the Scorpio.4167

Let’s think of function and build synergy and what’s missing.

We have something for power builds (Lich Form), minion masters (Flesh Golem), Condi Builds (Plague/Chilled to the Bone), but we literally have nothing for support. In fact, there are no support builds in meta for the necro, despite our wonderful vampiric theme.

Support comes to mind. Wells do really well for party support when you trait in Protection and vampiric siphoning but there’s not really a great elite with great synergy. I suggest:

========

Well of Undeath
Cast: Instant
Cool Down: 180s
Number of Targets: 5
Pule: 1s
Duration: 8s
Radius: 360
Breaks Stun
Combo Field: Dark

Target area pulses, applying invulnerability to allies in range and converting (1,2…) conditions into boons on each pulse. Condition duration on allies in range are reduced by (10%…33%) and are healed for (25%….50%) of the damage and condition damage dealt to enemies.

========

Before you say this is too overpowered, Guardians have Litany of Wrath (Heal for 25%of dmg dealt) for 6s as a regular skill and Rangers have Signet of Stone (Take no dmg from incoming attacks) for 6s.

These two skills also have additional perks (Straight up heal for Guardian and Passive increased toughness for Ranger). This Elite skill would simply be combining the two effects, losing the other perks that Guard and Ranger have, adding a stun break and combo field and additional 2s.

This would be great for PvE (boss fights), WvW (frontline engagements/choke points), and maybe PvP.

Other names I like:

Well of Immortality
Well of Omen
Well of the Specter
Well of Grenth/Dhuum/Abbadon
Well of the Unholy
Well of the Master
Well of Inevitability

Please let me know what you guys think. At least agree we need more support function!?

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Knighthonor.4061

Well of Respite – 120s recharge, Cast time: instant

Create a well that anchors allies to this world. While within the well allies gain stability and are prevented from falling below 10% of their maximum health until they leave the well or until it expires naturally. Allies already below 10% simply cannot have their health lowered any further. Affected allies can still be hit, healed, have conditions applied to them, and boons removed. They will be vulnerable to any effects other than death.

Duration – 5 seconds
Pulses – 6
Stability – 1s x 2 stacks
Allies affected – 5
Combo field – dark

Just an idea here. This well would be used when you know the fight could be won easily, if only your team wasn’t pretty much dead. In such a case you would drop this well. Allies within can still be brought to the brink of death, so don’t waste it when it won’t prevent anything! While protected you can focus on wearing the enemy down to your level, or lower. A way for your entire party to cheat death and turn the tides on the enemy. Counterplay would be to simply see that the well is being dropped and not waste important skills. If you have a load of CC or a coordinated team you could attempt to move a foe out of it and root them there long enough to kill. The continual application of stability should make this difficult though. If this well is cast pre-emptively you can always make sure to injure foes inside as much as possible so that they’re easy picking when the well runs out.

something like that would likely have capture point contribution locks on that which would be bad for bunker builds.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crikk.3854

Crikk.3854

I’ve wanted an elite well forever, but I doubt it’ll ever happen. An idea is had a year or so ago is more or less covered by the Reaper’s Rise!
I like Well of Ruin as a name. Apply condi’s to foes (1 or 2 stacks for 1 or w seconds each, but it applies a bunch: cripple, torment, bleed, poison, chill, blind). Additionally, it recharges your DS cool down and you gain 1% life force per Condi applied (so 5 foes would grant 6% life force per foe per second).

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It’s too bad plague isn’t a well.

A Well that traveled with you like the EoTM altar buff does would be really sweet.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: walterhsocal.4653

walterhsocal.4653

Well of Dread
Radius: 360
Enemies are trapped inside. Pulses Might and Quickness on allies and Weakness and Slow on enemies.

Elite Well Skill

in Necromancer

Posted by: NecroSummonsMors.7816

NecroSummonsMors.7816

So since necro basic core lacks of Stability and buffs for the party and we all know that quickness is great with the incoming reaper greatsword i suggest an elite well like this :

Well of Wrath

Create a well that lasts for 10 s and pulses 5 times and for each pulse it gives quickness for 2 sec and 2 stack of stability for 2 sec to allies. It also gives slow to enemis inside the well.

Radius : 360
Range : 1200
Number of Targets: 5
Pulses : 5
Duration : 10 s
Cast ime : 1/2 sec
For the cooldown time since this well could be affect by the Vampiric Rituals seems to me pretty fair 60 sec as cooldown that with the trait become 48 s

(edited by NecroSummonsMors.7816)