Epidemic

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

Used to use it in pvp years ago when it was meta(was bugged op).

Decided to troll with a full power bunker build with epidemic. The results were actually decent. Just being able to stay alive and epidemic EVERY 15 sec has some value. Condi friends are needed for this trolling.

SoS/Epidemic on a downed player is pretty effective(not as effective as dropping wop/woc)

My point-

I feel epidemic has some of the most potential out of our abilities, Even though not meta in pvp.

Thoughts?

(edited by Login.5102)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

Ohh yes, it definitely does!

I actually think that Epidemic is the most unique and well designed skill that necro has (tied with Corrupt Boon) out of all the ‘unique’ mechanic mishaps, e.g. siphons, 2 health bars, condition manipulation and minions.
The problem is, there is no place for it in the current meta. Just that. Has the potential to make necro a powerhouse both in PvP and PvE though.

I wish there were more skills and traits of the same level of quality in necro’s kitten nal.

Leman

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It should be considerably better in HoT PvE when condition cap and conditions are changed. So there is that.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

It should be considerably better in HoT PvE when condition cap and conditions are changed. So there is that.

I never play condi necro but I will have to put on my condi set and use Epidemic on a world boss somewhere and spread 100 bleeds to a nearby mob just so I can feel, and see for that matter, what a 15 000 damage bleed tick is like.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

You wont even need to be condi for it to be good.

That said i wouldnt be surprised if they capped it somehow. Id be a little upset. But it might be necessary if say in a zerg 50 necros all epidemic and it duplicated 100 stacks to the same mob 50 times. And im not even talking about the damage. It might explode the server.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

You wont even need to be condi for it to be good.

That said i wouldnt be surprised if they capped it somehow. Id be a little upset. But it might be necessary if say in a zerg 50 necros all epidemic and it duplicated 100 stacks to the same mob 50 times. And im not even talking about the damage. It might explode the server.

I thought new cap was 100 not unlimited.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

spoj.9672

It shows an exclamation mark after 99 stacks. That doesnt mean its capped at 100. And that was just in the early beta. But yeah i do expect there to be some cap eventually. But 100 would probably be too low for open world. Id say it should be atleast 500. Even thats pushing it for large groups.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Epi would have to be capped in PvE if the condition caps are lifted. With a boss in PvE to proc Epi off, adds would not melt, they would flash like a light bulb’s filament.

As it is right now, Epi can go from useless to OP and back to useless pretty quick. I have always loved that skill.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Epidemic is a terrible skill and its unlimited potential holds Necromancers back.

Nobody even takes it, not even in WvW which has a “stack together tightly and ball up” play style. The condition cap removal from the beta applied only to one world boss.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Epidemic is a terrible skill and its unlimited potential holds Necromancers back.

Nobody even takes it, not even in WvW which has a “stack together tightly and ball up” play style. The condition cap removal from the beta applied only to one world boss.

It will be good in PvE on world bosses w/ tough adds or in general if the condi cap is removed/upped on all mobs.

With all the condi removal in PvP/WvW, in addition to the new Resistance boon, I don’t see anything really changing. Epidemic will be rarely used in those modes. The only time I find Epidemic useful in WvW is:

- When I’m solo/small group roaming taking camps.
- When enemy roamers engage you while taking camps with Epidemic on your bar.
- When roaming with a condi build and somehow end up in a zerg taking a tower/keep, Epidemic can be really nice when you target a Tower/Keep Champ with it while its surrounded by people trying to prevent a cap (essentially the pvp version of using Epidemic on world bosses to burn out adds).

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Login.5102

Login.5102

I don’t WvW often, but in PvP epidemic is not a terrible skill. I’m not saying its super strong atm but the Necromancer has much worse utilities.

I wonder how much Anet takes epidemic into consideration when balancing the necromancer. After they nerfed it i doubt much.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: NeXeD.3042

NeXeD.3042

I don’t WvW often, but in PvP epidemic is not a terrible skill. I’m not saying its super strong atm but the Necromancer has much worse utilities.

I wonder how much Anet takes epidemic into consideration when balancing the necromancer. After they nerfed it i doubt much.

Seems pretty terrible to me with its cast time and the constant cleanses, I could see a team building around it a little bit… but who wants to build around a necro when you can just cele4thewin

Attention Moderators I am not
S P E E D Starr #0 Necro NA or
I Am NeXeD awful d/D ele NA

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
Profession Skills
Engineer
The engineer’s turrets are now affected by conditions and critical hits.

Today’s patch notes suggest a use for this skill… Now if they’d just do the same for other structures I’d be more tempted by my old condi build.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

BALANCE, BUG-FIXING, POLISH
Profession Skills
Engineer
The engineer’s turrets are now affected by conditions and critical hits.

Today’s patch notes suggest a use for this skill… Now if they’d just do the same for other structures I’d be more tempted by my old condi build.

Honestly we don’t need epidemic to do major damage to turrets now as condi necros. Normal Staff+Scepter/Dagger-offhand AoE bleed rotation should do the trick. Especially if you’re a non-precision condi user with Geomancy+Mark of Evasion triggers on point as well.

But yeah structures and objects should have always been affected by condis. Kind of a huge oversight when you think about it.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Zetsumei.4975

Zetsumei.4975

Lol it’s not epidemic that is useless in zergbusting, it’s condis due to all the condi reduction and clearing.

Kurodaraku – Necromancer | Kuroshikon – Ranger
Officer of [DEX] Deus Ex Machina Eu and [Fus] Fus Ro Dâh
Ruins of Surmia