Epidemic

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Our biggest focus in this iteration for necromancers was that of Epidemic, in that its impact is too instant in most PvP scenarios

•Epidemic: This ability now fires slow-arcing projectiles from its initial target to up to 5 targets in range. Foes hit by the projectiles gain all conditions from the original Epidemic target. Projectile strikes are unblockable but cannot critically hit. Increased radius to 900

So because of PvP well mainly WvW you nerfed this across PvE aswell, seriously could you not have just split the skill like you do others?

Why don’t you go ahead and nerf the necro some more, its not like its used across the game as it is.

GG Anet GG

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Rapier.3675

Rapier.3675

there goes aoe condition necro bombing and hard earned gear… back to power necro.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Needed. Just slows down the condi bomb. Also.

See Plaguelands.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Belorn.2659

Belorn.2659

Epidemic was the highest single skill dps in the game and as the rule go, who ever has the crown will be nerfed.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Acnologia.6934

Acnologia.6934

I lost my stability….. what should i do now???

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: fumbii.3582

fumbii.3582

I lost my stability….. what should i do now???

Die faster.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Acnologia.6934

That ’s probably anet goal

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Arcades Saboth.5139

Arcades Saboth.5139

I do mainly PvE but I think the same can apply in WvW and, possibly, sPvP: I’m almost fine with the changes, I understand why they made but I don’t understand why they still left the casting time to 1s.
Now that theyr are projectiles, easy to dodge, why leave the casting time so high?

Also, there is another potential problem: they projectiles apply the conditions when they land, not when the Epidemic is cast. In PvE is a problem as it was common, at least for me, to land an Epidemic on a dying mob. Now I have to land it way before an add dies, which is annoying… not a huge problem but very annoying.
In other modes, however, if the target of Epidemic cleanses it’s condition the projectiles will do nothing.

Another thing: does unblockable means also they can’t be reflected… isn’t it?

(edited by Arcades Saboth.5139)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Acnologia.6934

Projectile=warrior will deflect and send it back to you so you can kill yourself. Ty anet i’ll do it
edit seriously someone test this please. Can the proj be reflected?

(edited by Acnologia.6934)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

I just tested epidemic and tbh this skill is now completely useless, unless used on static targets.

(edited by mazut.4296)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: mazut.4296

mazut.4296

Epidemic was the highest single skill dps in the game and as the rule go, who ever has the crown will be nerfed.

Ok, nerf it, but keep it usable, but no. Seems they always do the same kitten. They just bury the skill and call it a day.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

Ok, this is very fun: yes! They can be reflected! And I tested with a few spare mobs with Jormag a few moments ago: the reflected projectiles are also invisible. I died three times because I applied my target conditions… to myself!

Isn’t this worth of the title of Master of Corruption? Now I understand the real meaning of that trait.

Please make the projectile non-reflectable.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

Projectiles should be unblockable. Reflects shouldn’t work on unblockable projectiles right? Might be a bug.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: OpiumRagDoll.1086

OpiumRagDoll.1086

Can attest to it being reflect-able, or perhaps bugged at this moment.
Used it on fire shaman (to bounce to the ettin) in the un-cat fractal daily. promptly condi bombed my team and downed 3 team mates.
I know because i saw >>20 stacks of bleeds and 5 other condis after i casted it. Also happened during Aetherblade when i bounced it off Frizz.
As far as I know both of these champs don’t reflect projectiles…

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: smokinlive.8362

smokinlive.8362

OK now its totally broken, i use “Suffer” after “Epidemic” and get all conditions of my target. So 40 Stacks of bleeding from a boss isnt that fun

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Arcades Saboth.5139

I think it’s a bug: I have been my projectile reflected from the static golem in the Raid test hub.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Crinn.7864

Crinn.7864

OK now its totally broken, i use “Suffer” after “Epidemic” and get all conditions of my target. So 40 Stacks of bleeding from a boss isnt that fun

Same with dagger 4

Sanity is for the weak minded.
YouTube

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

It’s bugged to hell currently. Nice “testing” once again.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Acnologia.6934

Ahahahahahahahahah ty anet really ty this was the best idea you ever had to kill us XD it’s epic!! Before they patch this let us start e contest!! Let see who can apply to himself the most conditions!! 3 2 1 GO!!!

(edited by Acnologia.6934)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Hanth.2978

Hanth.2978

After playing necro for awhile and using the new epidemic I gotta say the skill just feels awkward now. You can really notice the difference from before when it was instance compared to landing the projectiles. As someone said before this skill should have been changed to pvp/wvw only like changes to other classes.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I almost enjoy this bug when I think about 4 necro 1 druid cancer fractal comps killing themselves, but did they seriously make necro changes at last minute? So many bugs..

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Etterwyn.5263

Etterwyn.5263

Note to self (from work)… wait for the patch after the patch before using Epidemic.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Andromeda.8293

Andromeda.8293

I think it was more of a wvw problem and not pvp conquest. You almost never saw epi in conquest because it’s hard to land and there are other utility skills that you’d rather have

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

From how it’s worded it sounds like they removed the 25 condi cap on the skill. Anyone confirm?

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Aktium.9506

Aktium.9506

From how it’s worded it sounds like they removed the 25 condi cap on the skill. Anyone confirm?

Thought so too earlier. The cap is still there.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Thought so too earlier. The cap is still there.

Thanks for clarifying!

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: felincyriac.5981

felincyriac.5981

This is a great change, though next time it would be better to just take the skill out completely.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Cevni.2049

Cevni.2049

Figured it out. If you condi transfer after epidemic you get hit. If anyone condi clears you after you cast it they get hit.

Cevni – Reaper – Hardcore Erotic Roleplay [ERP] Smallscale Underwater GvG enthusiast
Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC15zc8ImU3vnh_ASh4rpbsA

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Acnologia.6934

yep. last nightmare i got 50+ bleed 7 torment blind confusion x10 poison 40+ and others condis after epidemic-deathly swarm

and if you are correct i killed my ally guardian who was cleansing around himself… can we kill our allies??

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

we can kill allies now, cool.
But if you get buggy and end up applying 40 bleeds to urself, transfer it for increased single target dps.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Serum.4067

Serum.4067

At this point, Epidemic should be removed from the game. If you can’t fix it, throw it away.

[AoN] – All or Nothing
Takyon Triplesix – Akasera

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

At this point, Epidemic should be removed from the game. If you can’t fix it, throw it away.

Just been fixed.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Our biggest focus in this iteration for necromancers was that of Epidemic, in that its impact is too instant in most PvP scenarios

(snip)

It seems you left out some text to that. I’ll FTFY
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-16-2017

Necromancer
Our biggest focus in this iteration for necromancers was that of Epidemic, in that its impact is too instant in most PvP scenarios, AS WELL AS THE HEAVY TOLL ON OUR SERVERS.

Based on that, it probably means that epidemic was causing lag. Aside from it being way too OP, players in WvW have complained a lot about skill lag, especially while inside Stonemist Castle in EBG. It makes me wonder if epidemic was contributing to that, at least in part. (there have been videos posted on YouTube showing how OP it really was)

Regardless of whether or not it was OP, the simple fact is that it was causing problems for everybody.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

•Epidemic: This ability now fires slow-arcing projectiles from its initial target to up to 5 targets in range. Foes hit by the projectiles gain all conditions from the original Epidemic target. Projectile strikes are unblockable but cannot critically hit. Increased radius to 900

So because of PvP well mainly WvW you nerfed this across PvE aswell, seriously could you not have just split the skill like you do others?

Why don’t you go ahead and nerf the necro some more, its not like its used across the game as it is.

GG Anet GG

If you care about balance it was a good change.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Looking in the bug section of the forums, it seems epidemic is hitting the player using it and/or friendly targets as well.

It went from being OP to outright backfiring on people. Forgive me, but I find that a little funny. I’m sure the devs will fix it ASAP though.

Edit: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-May-16-2017/first#post6588823

Epidemic: Fixed a bug that allowed this skill to affect allies.

And there you go.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Epidemic

in Necromancer

felincyriac.5981

new epidemic can also be body-blocked, rip.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

And evaded/invuln’d.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

felincyriac.5981

And evaded/invuln’d.

yes but that’s more on the pvp side

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Lahmia.2193

And evaded/invuln’d.

yes but that’s more on the pvp side

More like WvW, which is where it gets used most and has caused the most controversy.

Epidemic

in Necromancer

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

The skill is blockable. One target can stand in front of the other 4 targets, and absorb all 5 projectiles, but only get the conditions of one projectile.